LOL AT PEOPLE WHO THINK CRISTOBAL is the Latin Al Golden...

Advertisement
Mario would not be my first hire but I wouldn't be upset if he was given the job. He would have some pull with good coaches I feel as well to surround himself with.

Advertisement
I have no doubt Cristobal would fail miserably at Miami and yet I guarantee he will be at or near the top of this admin's short list for the position

Cristobal can recruit... Now he's a great recruiter but putrid coach... FIU won 4 games this year however they had like 2 d-ends in the top 15 for sacks and their corner is one of the nations best. All of them were Cristobal recruits but they never had that type of production. I also knew players on Fiu squad. The team lacked discipline. During Mario's tenure. A number of kids quit, flunked out, were dismissed, staged walk outs, had feuds with the coaches and underachieved.

He has an eye for talent... He's unjust a bad coach.

Go talk to some FIU players who played for Mario. FIU players despised him. They didn't appreciate how Mario threw the players under the bus after every loss.

Some coaches aren't cut out to be head coaches.

I would love to hear what type of staff cristobal could muster up and from where, I sense he would do a FIU reunion like Golden with temple as he really has no other source of coaches

Advertisement
If the Admin hires Mario as the next head coach this program is finished.

But he or my local dogcatcher would be better than Golden

Golden stinks. We all know this. However, Mario is not a good coach. Considering all the talent he has had at his disposal Bama's Oline has under performed since he's gotten there. In addition, he got worse at FIU before they fired him. Mario is a good recruiter. No one is denying this. Although, considering we are going on 10+ years of mediocre football we cannot afford to go with another unproven candidate. We need a proven winner that can coach. This administration has delivered a lot of lip service that they are dedicated to winning on the gridiron. They will get another chance next year to prove it. They failed this year to save a few million. Anything less than an ACC championship game and high level bowl Golden should be fired and someone that is going to turn this thing around should be brought in.

Cristobal can recruit... Now he's a great recruiter but putrid coach... FIU won 4 games this year however they had like 2 d-ends in the top 15 for sacks and their corner is one of the nations best. All of them were Cristobal recruits but they never had that type of production. I also knew players on Fiu squad. The team lacked discipline. During Mario's tenure. A number of kids quit, flunked out, were dismissed, staged walk outs, had feuds with the coaches and underachieved.

He has an eye for talent... He's unjust a bad coach.

Go talk to some FIU players who played for Mario. FIU players despised him. They didn't appreciate how Mario threw the players under the bus after every loss.

Some coaches aren't cut out to be head coaches.

Oh I know... I knew multiple players at FIU. I went to high school with a few... They didn't like him... He wasn't discipline as well... His players held walk outs on him as well... That being said, he had an eye for talent. Just a bad coach.

I think we should focus on who the next U Prez will be instead of speculating about a coach. That hire will dictate what direction this current **** show is headed.

if Al Golden was the OL or TE coach at Bama...he would be recruiter of the year.

Golden can sell like a MF'er. However, is a terrible head football coach. Terrible head football coaches don't have much to sell.

Advertisement
The problem with this administration is that we keep hiring coaches who nobody else in the country was interested in starting with Larry. None of our past head coaches were sought after by any big time school, we had no competition or bidding war to get them, just complete failure all the way around. And you want to hire another bum and make him head coach just because he played here?? that's insanity. There were a billion head coaching jobs open the last three months and Super Mario's name didn't get mentioned for any of them, he didn't even get an interview for crying out loud.

Advertisement
Back