Logan Sagapolu Oregon OG Transfers to Miami

Advertisement
Whenever I read about an football player taking a few years off to go on mission I'm reminded of John Beck

Frustrated Clint Eastwood GIF

Sounds good to me, never understood the obsession with having real young guys in college, yes it means they have potential but that doesn’t always pan out. Give me a bunch of grown men like Hedley, we only get them for 4-5 years regardless of age, that’s an nfl problem.

I think he has great potential but if all this guy did was come in on 3rd and 4th down short yardage situations...........

Advertisement
If I had one critique of his film, he doesn’t “look for work”. I’d like to see less concentration on just “his guy”. He also doesn’t engage anyone, so when he doesn’t level guys they are still able to easily disengage and move toward the ball.

But those are not picking. Kid looks to be big and strong as heck! Let alone that was his jr yr of high school. I’m sure he’s been coached up some and understands he’s not going against 190lb DEs anymore. Lol
That film was 4 years old when he was a junior in HS.

Advertisement
That film was 4 years old when he was a junior in HS.
I found one article about him prior to 2021, also had a clip from their spring game:

Some snippets from the oregon writer who was an Ex-OL:

The Spring Game was certainly a coming-out party for quite a number of freshmen, as we were all impressed with the new players in Robby Ashford, Ty Thompson, Dont’e Thornton and Troy Franklin. I also loved what I noted of the receiving and blocking of the new Tight Ends in Terrance Ferguson and Moliki Matavao, yet another player caught my eye and while he did not create the big plays, he may be a reason why explosion plays will occur at Autzen in near future.

Logan Sagapolu at 6’2″ and 345 pounds has an intriguing future in the interior of the offensive line. He was originally recruited to be a center at Oregon, and I can certainly picture him rooting out even the biggest of Nose Tackles facing him where smaller centers are often driven backward after the snap. he could truly become an inside road-grader that Coach Mario Cristobal lusts for.

Notable strengths:
  • Versatility: Though there are some legit knocks on Sagapolu’s athleticism, he is capable of filling in and playing virtually any position along the offensive line. An interior line position is where Sagapolu figures to excel, but he does have experience playing tackle as well.
  • Great initial punch: Strong as an ox, Sagapolu can be a dominant player at the point of attack. His ability to practically eliminate defenders from a play with a single blow is impressive, making him an even more imposing obstacle for those lined up across from him.
  • Plays with a mean streak: As if tremendous size and strength weren’t enough, Sagapolu is player who plays with a nasty streak. On film, he appears to be a player who takes great joy in burying his opponents when given the opportunity.
Sagapolu’s timing is perfect, and impressive for a freshman.

For an old offensive lineman … seeing that wonderfully executed combo blocking gives me a rush, as this young man is going to be good. I grant you this is not blocking a USC nose tackle or linebacker yet, but Logan has to show mastery at this level first. He has not been spoken of when the discussion is about the young-guns coming up in the offensive line, but he will ultimately become too successful to ignore, and that will bring a smile to the faces of running backs at Oregon.

Advertisement
I found one article about him prior to 2021, also had a clip from their spring game:

Some snippets from the oregon writer who was an Ex-OL:

The Spring Game was certainly a coming-out party for quite a number of freshmen, as we were all impressed with the new players in Robby Ashford, Ty Thompson, Dont’e Thornton and Troy Franklin. I also loved what I noted of the receiving and blocking of the new Tight Ends in Terrance Ferguson and Moliki Matavao, yet another player caught my eye and while he did not create the big plays, he may be a reason why explosion plays will occur at Autzen in near future.

Logan Sagapolu at 6’2″ and 345 pounds has an intriguing future in the interior of the offensive line. He was originally recruited to be a center at Oregon, and I can certainly picture him rooting out even the biggest of Nose Tackles facing him where smaller centers are often driven backward after the snap. he could truly become an inside road-grader that Coach Mario Cristobal lusts for.

Notable strengths:
  • Versatility: Though there are some legit knocks on Sagapolu’s athleticism, he is capable of filling in and playing virtually any position along the offensive line. An interior line position is where Sagapolu figures to excel, but he does have experience playing tackle as well.
  • Great initial punch: Strong as an ox, Sagapolu can be a dominant player at the point of attack. His ability to practically eliminate defenders from a play with a single blow is impressive, making him an even more imposing obstacle for those lined up across from him.
  • Plays with a mean streak: As if tremendous size and strength weren’t enough, Sagapolu is player who plays with a nasty streak. On film, he appears to be a player who takes great joy in burying his opponents when given the opportunity.
Sagapolu’s timing is perfect, and impressive for a freshman.

For an old offensive lineman … seeing that wonderfully executed combo blocking gives me a rush, as this young man is going to be good. I grant you this is not blocking a USC nose tackle or linebacker yet, but Logan has to show mastery at this level first. He has not been spoken of when the discussion is about the young-guns coming up in the offensive line, but he will ultimately become too successful to ignore, and that will bring a smile to the faces of running backs at Oregon.
Sounds like a future starter. Good ****.

So we think we're getting an actual player here and not just a workout warrior? A genuine question

Advertisement
So we think we're getting an actual player here and not just a workout warrior? A genuine question
from above...

Advertisement
Back