Lofton comparison to CJ Donaldson

2001canes4L

Recruit
West Virginia has a RB named CJ Donaldson who was a TE in high school. He went to gulliver so maybe some of you watched him in high school and can comment on him. I remember announcers talking about his versatility. Maybe we use Lofton like him but more of a focus on his as a pass catching TE than rushing RB.

Advertisement
West Virginia has a RB named CJ Donaldson who was a TE in high school. He went to gulliver so maybe some of you watched him in high school and can comment on him. I remember announcers talking about his versatility. Maybe we use Lofton like him but more of a focus on his as a pass catching TE than rushing RB.
We should just bring Donaldson home.

We should just bring Donaldson home.
3 TE Lineup with Cam, McCoy and Williams with Lofton at H-Back blocking for CJ on 3rd and short….

200.gif

Advertisement
How bout Jaylen Samuels at NC State?

Similar size and skill set.

Played a ton of spots in HS, was actually recruited as an all-purpose back.

Was transitioned to TE when he got to Raleigh but that was really in name only. He played all over the field.

In 4 seasons, he caught 201 passes and also had 182 rushing attempts.

Scored 19 receiving TDs and 28 rushing TDs.

Almost 3000 scrimmage yards and 47 touchdowns. Drafted by the Steelers in the 5th round even though he was only 5’11 and not very fast.

Just a good football player with incredible versatility. And NC State fully embraced that and completely maximized what he did well. IMO this is exsctly what we can do with Lofton.

Mods can we have an official Lofton thread?

It is fairly obvious he is a fan favorite.. Maybe a Greentree all-American that finally pans out.

Need expectations posted. Nickname. Over reactions. The whole works. At worst, will be good for bumping.

How bout Jaylen Samuels at NC State?

Similar size and skill set.

Played a ton of spots in HS, was actually recruited as an all-purpose back.

Was transitioned to TE when he got to Raleigh but that was really in name only. He played all over the field.

In 4 seasons, he caught 201 passes and also had 182 rushing attempts.

Scored 19 receiving TDs and 28 rushing TDs.

Almost 3000 scrimmage yards and 47 touchdowns. Drafted by the Steelers in the 5th round even though he was only 5’11 and not very fast.

Just a good football player with incredible versatility. And NC State fully embraced that and completely maximized what he did well. IMO this is exsctly what we can do with Lofton.
As a Steeler fan, Samuels is exactly who I thought of when we brought Lofton in.

Advertisement

Just watch how they used this kid. He did absolutely everything. This looks exactly how we’re being told Lofton can be developed. Bubble screens, goal line back, H-back running wheel routes, throwing passes, shovel passes inside, in the slot, in-line as a TE…..and apparently Lofton is already one of the stronger kids on the team and loves to block. Dawson needs to watch this tape over and over.

Lofton = the 49er combo of Deebo S. crossed with Kyle J.

Kyle blocks like **** and is an excellent receiver in short and intermediate routes
Deebo goes deep, is an explosive and powerful YAC machine and excellent RB.

Lofton can do these things!

Lofton = the 49er combo of Deebo S. crossed with Kyle J.

Kyle blocks like **** and is an excellent receiver in short and intermediate routes
Deebo goes deep, is an explosive and powerful YAC machine and excellent RB.

Lofton can do these things!

Man, y’all gotta put some respect on Deebo’s name. I’ve seen a lot of this on here lately. Just cause Deebo is a RAC guy and hard to tackle. Bruh…he ran 4.48 at the combine. Also had a 39 inch vertical. Excellent shuttle time. I don’t think Lofton has that kind of ceiling as an athlete. So don’t get it twisted, just cause Deebo breaks a lot of tackles and is thick in the lower half (paws on paws), don’t discount the pure athlete he is as well.

Advertisement
But I need to see improvement from Dawson, with QB no longer holding anything back

This x1000

Dawson will have the most talent he's ever had as an OC. He's have a Day 1/2 QB, hopefully a top Portal RB, 2 highly recruited TEs, 2 800 yrd+ WRs, a top 10 OL and depth.

I'm more interested in what Dawson does this fall

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mods can we have an official Lofton thread?

It is fairly obvious he is a fan favorite.. Maybe a Greentree all-American that finally pans out.

Need expectations posted. Nickname. Over reactions. The whole works. At worst, will be good for bumping.
A “Greentree All-American” tag similar to the “Rumor” and “2025” tags would be just
Happy Jeff Goldblum GIF by Spotify

This x1000

Dawson will have the most talent he's ever had as an OC. He's have a Day 1/2 QB, hopefully a top Portal RB, 2 highly recruited TEs, 2 800 yrd+ WRs, a top 10 OL and depth.

I'm more interested in what Dawson does this fall
Top portal RB in a CJ Donaldson thread... interesting....

Advertisement
Back