Local DE that hustles all the time

randolph herndon

Freshman
Banned
Amari Ferdinand - Hudl

Does not have a elite burst/first step but hustles on every play-highlights are 11 minutes long. Pretty good at splitting double teams, penetrates, reads and reacts well, plays with good pad level, uses hands pretty well and has moves to get off 300+ pounders. Good weight room numbers 345 bench and 465 squat. Not at a traditional powerhouse school so often double teamed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
i don't even know if he's d1 material. no burst, poor technique. we don't need to settle for players anymore.

Advertisement
i don't even know if he's d1 material. no burst, poor technique. we don't need to settle for players anymore.

Poster was probably referring to of his desire and hustle as he mentioned in general things you posted. He has done a good job building up his strength to help compensate for size, etc.

And undersized.

His page says 6'2" which means he's likely 6'1".

The OP said he lacked the burst and listed size at 230. I do like his hustle at the HS level.

Well the conversation should've ended at "lacks burst", considering that's one of the most important things for a Defensive Linemen. LOL

Ain't a lot of kids getting scholarships cause of hustle.

Advertisement

Poster was probably referring to of his desire and hustle as he mentioned in general things you posted. He has done a good job building up his strength to help compensate for size, etc.

except no one wants a slow, undersized defensive lineman. you can be huge and slow, or small and fast. he can get as strong as he wants, but the most he'd be able to do is clog a running lane with an offensive lineman while having no benefits of a large body to block more space at best. at worst, the offensive lineman is stronger with longer arms and just throws him. unless he drops everything and does non-stop plyo for the next year, he isn't a take.

Last edited:

except no one wants a slow, undersized defensive lineman. you can be huge and slow, or small and fast. he can get as strong as he wants, but the most he'd be able to do is clog a running lane with an offensive lineman while having no benefits of a large body to block more space at best. at worst, the offensive lineman is stronger with longer arms and just throws him. unless he drops everything and does non-stop plyo for the next year, he isn't a take.

Chill man. Is there anything in the initial thread that says he a U take? Your read what you wanted into it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back