Local Coaches

1murhurricane

Sophomore
Nothing earth shattering here but I thought I would share. I spoke with two local high school coaches this week. We started out talking about south Florida transfers and there are going to be some MAJOR transfers from a certain big name receiver and potentially 1 of the top 2 backs down here soon. But the most exciting topic of discussion was what both of them phrased the Cristobal effect. The head coach of a certain DE that flipped to us said the second Mario announced he was coming the kid called him and told him I'm going to Miami. The other HC said they are probably going to become a Miami pipeline again which is going to land us some major recruits the next two years. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!

Advertisement
I’m a Miami fan and obviously biased but this is good news for college football as a whole. Miami will obviously benefit the most but it’s good in the sense that the Bamas/Georgias/Clemsons/OSUs of the world will no longer be as talent stacked as they have been.

Those teams will now be closer to the pack and will lose games more often which paves the way for more parity in the sport.

Advertisement
Nothing earth shattering here but I thought I would share. I spoke with two local high school coaches this week. We started out talking about south Florida transfers and there are going to be some MAJOR transfers from a certain big name receiver and potentially 1 of the top 2 backs down here soon. But the most exciting topic of discussion was what both of them phrased the Cristobal effect. The head coach of a certain DE that flipped to us said the second Mario announced he was coming the kid called him and told him I'm going to Miami. The other HC said they are probably going to become a Miami pipeline again which is going to land us some major recruits the next two years. It's great to be a Miami Hurricane!
Knew this 3 weeks ago....

Not quite but that's a **** of a guess. I thought I was being more cryptic than that ha!

I will say the receiver is torn between IMG and staying down here at a different school. As far as fletcher goes Heritage has some dumb *** rule to lock you in where your mom or dad have to work x amount of hours at the school to cover your scholarship and if you transfer they have you locked in a bit. I would bet some of you guys already knew that but was news to me.

Advertisement
What D End flipped to us?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyway man... This is good to hear. We're finally being taken seriously again.

No doubt. I can 100% verify first hand with one of the top QBs in the country and two local high school coaches everything has changed with the perception of the program. If we even remotely do what we think we will on the field the next 2-3 classes are going to
Usher in a new era of cane dominance.

I remember @coachmacho saying something very similar to this a few weeks ago.

Advertisement
Back