LMFAO It happpening!!

Advertisement
Just an awful situation for those kids' development.

He got hired bc no decent coach is willing to suffer through the Applewhite inevitible failure. It's similar to Shannon at UM. He couldn't find any proven assistant coaches so we ended up with that Auburn bum.

Advertisement
Only thing I got from this is that their practice field is across the street from Taco Bell. Chalupa anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
I would transfer!

These drills are moronic. Catching a big silver ball makes you a better football player???

did they not look at miami defensive stats while he was here?

More importantly, did they not look at Miami's stats the year immediately following the Golden crew's departure? Scary stuff for some of those kids.

Advertisement
Read that he will run Todd Orlando's scheme at Houston. Which means he's had three D.C. jobs and never ran his own scheme. Unbelievable

More importantly, did they not look at Miami's stats the year immediately following the Golden crew's departure? Scary stuff for some of those kids.

I usually go in for the argument that it's hard to compare players/coaches as they are dealing with different situations and blah blah blah. But to have that kind of turn around with mostly the same kids in one year? That says everything about the difference between the two staffs. If the D had gotten a little better you could chalk it up to excitement and renewed energy under a new staff. What we saw this year should preclude anybody who was responsible for defensive scheme/game planning for Miami in 2015 from ever coaching again.

Advertisement
Read that he will run Todd Orlando's scheme at Houston. Which means he's had three D.C. jobs and never ran his own scheme. Unbelievable
Will watch closely how he reacts to his conference's deep play assault. While here, his defenses indicated an almost bizarre terror of allowing "big plays."

I usually go in for the argument that it's hard to compare players/coaches as they are dealing with different situations and blah blah blah. But to have that kind of turn around with mostly the same kids in one year? That says everything about the difference between the two staffs. If the D had gotten a little better you could chalk it up to excitement and renewed energy under a new staff. What we saw this year should preclude anybody who was responsible for defensive scheme/game planning for Miami in 2015 from ever coaching again.
Yep. I've heard the arguments that the '15 and '16 teams weren't exactly the same. Of course, rarely are college teams exactly the same. But, in this case, it actually may work against people supporting D'ono.

In '15, he had Artie Burns and Deon Bush in his secondary, along with Corn, Redwine, Jenkins and Carter from '16.
In '15, Chad Thomas got 1.5 TFLs. In '16, he got 11. Trent Harris went from 5 to 9.5, while playing in a rotation.
Sure, our starting DTs in '16 were only True Frosh pups in '15, but we had NFL players in Kamalu and AQM. Courtel Jenkins could have also been used more appropriately.
In '16, we started three (3!) true Frosh LBs. Say what you will, but it's a **** of a process to start an entire LB unit as true Frosh, while suddenly losing '15's best LB.

When you look a the disparity in defensive statistics from '15 to '16, it makes it look criminal. It's no wonder Chickillo's consistent barrage on his former coaching staff.

Will watch closely how he reacts to his conference's deep play assault. While here, his defenses indicated an almost bizarre terror of allowing "big plays."

Played (basketball) with a guy in high school who as a freshman was as talented a guard as anyone I played with, including Eddie Shannon and Stephon Marbury. We would play pickup games in the summer with the best players in the county and a bunch of college players. He would just dominate. Then he made the mistake of playing for a coach who made him absolutely fearful of making a mistake. Instead of letting him get into his groove, the coach would take him out everytime he made a mistake. It was insane. By his junior year, he was a shell of his former self. He literally played not to make a mistake and it destroyed his natural talent. He was thinking all game. He ended up as a walk on at a major school, where the coaches couldn't believe how talented he was. But he was mind fuvked by then. NoD and Golden had the exact same effect on our players.

Advertisement
Back