LMAO @ The Gift That Keeps Giving

theibisrules

Senior
### As a selling point, UM defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio told recruits in recent days that Miami finished 15th in the country in defense.

"All that stuff is great," he said. "It's proof of improvement, big improvement. But we're looking for certain guys we want to go to the next level to be a dominant defense. There were certain games we did that this year, but we didn't do it the whole season. In order to do that you have to plug in the pieces, show kids where they fit, how they'll fit in the scheme and how they can impact our scheme starting next year. That's really what you're trying to do."

### UM is moving Marques Gayot from safety to linebacker but the staff feels it has enough at safety next season, with Deon Bush, Jamal Carter, injured Rayshawn Jenkins and Dallas Crawford returning and the addition of oral commitment JaQuan Johnson, the four-star Killian prospect.

Also, UM is one of three finalists, with Kentucky and Washington State, for Washington D.C. based four-star safety Marcus Lewis, according to rivals.com, which rates Lewis sixth among all safeties.

As for Gayot, D'Onofrio points out he is 10 pounds heavier than linebacker Jermaine Grace.

"We want to be fast, don't want to sacrifice speed because of scheme," D'Onofrio said. "So the way we play and the way we have it set up right now, we can play with a 200-pound WILL linebacker, 205-pound WILL linebacker. Marques is 210. I bet he's probably 220 in the future.

"We're just looking around and trying to gain flexibility, continue to gain athleticism because the way it is you're going to play a different [style of] offense every week. You want to be able to have flexibility in your scheme, get the best guys on the field."

###############################################################################################

What a hot **** mess

Advertisement
What is wrong with what he is saying?

Because they've spent the last 4 years saying that yards don't matter, that they wanted their players bigger (and slower) and then putting the kids in a 'read' system that slows them down. But all of a sudden we judge the defense by yards allowed, are trying to not sacrifice speed because of scheme.

They're ******* shysters man.

Got to give them credit, they sure have that old Pinto sounding like a brand new Mustang.

Advertisement
Still dont understand why you re mad? He's wanting players that work best for the system.... Isnt that what you all ***** about all the time.... Making sure the talent is used correctly?...... New Cane fans.... SMH

Pitching that defense is like the Russians pitching the virtues of the commie economy during the Cold War. Selling a dream of plenty while the reality is breadlines and shortage.

Still dont understand why you re mad? He's wanting players that work best for the system.... Isnt that what you all ***** about all the time.... Making sure the talent is used correctly?...... New Cane fans.... SMH

The problem is that slurpers believe that this staff can really win here. Then criticize true cane fans who are upset and see through this facade of bull****.

AG and Dotiro really really believe that they know what they are doing despite four years of evidence of the contrary. And "fans" like you continue to eat it up...******* stockholm syndrome.

Advertisement
The defense is not bad at pass coverage nowadays. If, somehow, they luck into an obvious passing situation, they usually do okay. (But sometimes, they give up 30+ yards on third down to GT.)

But I can't imagine somebody watching the last season again and thinking to themselves that this is a good defense on the verge of greatness. It's a defense that is schematically skewed toward stopping big plays, at the expense of getting pushed around all day. It will keep being that in the future, but without Denzel Perryman.

I don't think coach D'Onfrio has ever been the problem. I have always felt that he wanted to run his own defense instead of what coach Golden forces him to play.

What is wrong with what he is saying?

He keeps mentioning that dumbass scheme

If I am recruiting a player I am going to take his skill set and turn him loose not continue to force kids
To play in a broken *** system that Yield no results

Advertisement

Tell you what. Go back and watch the Nebraska game. Forget all other losses this year. ****, forget all the losses of the past four years! That one game epitomizes all that is wrong with this defensive coaching staff and it's scheme. We got hit for a big play early in the game and the turtle's head went back in his shell!

Dino and Fat *** coach scared. They coach passively. They coach hoping not to lose the game instead of trying to win! Numbers be damned, passive coaching is in their DNA...They will not change and eventually you will always lose when you play scared.

And FYI....'Braska finished the regular season 93rd in passing ypg.

I don't think coach D'Onfrio has ever been the problem. I have always felt that he wanted to run his own defense instead of what coach Golden forces him to play.
Yeah right. Sounds great.

He is not good enough to even have his own scheme that isn't goldens

Still dont understand why you re mad? He's wanting players that work best for the system.... Isnt that what you all **** about all the time.... Making sure the talent is used correctly?...... New Cane fans.... SMH

Tell you what. Go back and watch the Nebraska game. Forget all other losses this year. ****, forget all the losses of the past four years! That one game epitomizes all that is wrong with this defensive coaching staff and it's scheme. We got hit for a big play early in the game and the turtle's head went back in his shell!

Dino and Fat *** coach scared. They coach passively. They coach hoping not to lose the game instead of trying to win! Numbers be damned, passive coaching is in their DNA...They will not change and eventually you will always lose when you play scared.

But but bu we have 10 draftable players..... So what do you want,better yet who do you want ? You true canes that dont know much about sports.... Tell me who are you gonna help bring in ? .... Thats another 3-4 yrs to rebuild .... So since you re a true fan how much money are you putting up to get better coaches, facilities and players? Better yet how many games have you attended ?..

Advertisement
Still dont understand why you re mad? He's wanting players that work best for the system.... Isnt that what you all **** about all the time.... Making sure the talent is used correctly?...... New Cane fans.... SMH

The problem is that slurpers believe that this staff can really win here. Then criticize true cane fans who are upset and see through this facade of bull****.

AG and Dotiro really really believe that they know what they are doing despite four years of evidence of the contrary. And "fans" like you continue to eat it up...****ing stockholm syndrome.

Never been a slurped anything .... I bet you were one of those true cane fans that talked up AG but never attends games, and never put money into the program GTFOOH....

But but bu we have 10 draftable players..... So what do you want,better yet who do you want ? You true canes that dont know much about sports.... Tell me who are you gonna help bring in ? .... Thats another 3-4 yrs to rebuild .... So since you re a true fan how much money are you putting up to get better coaches, facilities and players? Better yet how many games have you attended ?..

We could have 5* kids at every position and Folden and Dino would find ways to lose games. They coach passively and they instill that fear into their players.

I could bring in a HS coach and have better success. At least he would coach to the kids strengths!

Virginia and Pitt just ran a train on our defense. I'd say we are still rebuilding sparky!

And finally, I'll never go to another UM game as long as Folden is HC. I'm done.

Wow. So nothing is going to change. We are going to keep same staff, same scheme, and expect different results. Insanity.

We are still going to keep guys 7-10 yards off the line on 3rd and 1. Also, we are going to play deep safety's all game against Nebraska and GT. Brilliant.

Advertisement
Back