Live Thread Updates: Under Armour Miami

Advertisement
UNC is killing the trail, let's see how that holds up once the big bags start dropping.

Advertisement
Maybe, but I doubt it.

He told Ferman today he wants to see Miami win a lot of games, which means he's setting the bar high & if we do have a good season he'll still find some reason not to sign.

I don't actually care about Taylor or any of the Palmetto kids for that matter, the only one I want from there is Collins.
That’s the key.....win a lot of games and we will see results in recruiting.

Stefan, do you know if we have any interest in Hood and vice-versa?
Edit: Kevin Knowles too.

yes on both. Manny talks to both regularly.

Hood and knowles both visited for Junior day.

Hood told me today he is going to be making a follow up visit to campus with his family next weekend for a more 1-on-1 experience.

Knowles said he’s gotten real tight with DVD and talks to him every day

Advertisement
They've been after him the heaviest & he was just at UF's Junior day yesterday with him Mom & all the rest of his Palmetto teammates who are also drinking the Gaytorade.

I think we can keep him, but I wouldn't be shocked if he decommits eventually, we just have to win & stay on him.

I actually think it'd be that much easier if he wasn't already committed for such a long time.

Collins told me today he wants Miami to “show him something” on the field this year. Sounded unsure of his commitment at the moment. I’ll have his interview posted soon and people can decide for themselves

Advertisement
That’s the key.....win a lot of games and we will see results in recruiting.
Of course, but if you think a bunch of locals are going to suddenly jump on board, that's just not happening.

A few will, but most of them are leaving & that's fine as far as I'm concerned.

With a big season we'll get a lot more OOS prospects in this class than waiting for locals to commit.

Advertisement
Is Haye a take right now? I’m not that crazy about him, atleast not this early.

Absolutely he's a take, high upside prospect with very good strength, active hands & pass rushing moves.

Don't get too caught up in ranking, he's a fckin savage & tough no nonsense Jamaican kid.

He's a take all day.
I love his film. And being Jamaican was the icing on the cake. Never met a lazy Jamaican in my life, hard working ambitious people. We'll get everything out of him potential wise.

Of course, but if you think a bunch of locals are going to suddenly jump on board, that's just not happening.

A few will, but most of them are leaving & that's fine as far as I'm concerned.

With a big season we'll get a lot more OOS prospects in this class than waiting for locals to commit.
This is where I am too. Just have a solid season where we look competent in all 3 phases of ball. If that happens we'll get some local studs but the bag chasers will play that game no matter what we do so it's in our best interest to prioritize a good amount (maybe 1/3 of our total class) being OOS prospects. I can live with wherever that result lands us in the recruiting rankings, probably in the 8th-15th national range.

Advertisement
Back