Live Thread Updates: Paradise Camp 2021

View as article
Advertisement
Coach Likens has not left Jeremiah Shack’s side post-camp. Seems like a kid Miami could really push for in the future. Talking to him after camp, Shack said Likens is the coach he has the best relationship out of any school this far. Feels like he will fit well in Miami’s offense and runs a similar spread style at his HS. This was his third visit to Miami since things opened up in June and he said he felt Paradise was the most organized camp he’s been to that also had a lot of hype and atmosphere to it. Has been to UF in the past and has an upcoming visit to GT planned as well
Tell is a little bit more about him? I don't know anything.

Advertisement
Advertisement
- Shemart Stewart received attention from a bunch of the stars who made it out to Miami on Saturday, including 2021 first-rounders Jaelan Phillips and Greg Rousseau. Calais Campbell was also spotted talking to the 6-foot-5, 260-pounder. Their message to him was that he looks the part already, but that he’s going to have to work hard to get to where he wants to be. Stewart is high on Jess Simpson after spending time around the coach and getting the opportunity to watch film with him.

- It was a bit of a surprise when Plantation American Heritage Top247 cornerback Earl Little Jr. announced on Saturday morning that he would make his way to Coral Gables for Paradise, but he got to Miami’s campus early and took a photoshoot and then decided to lace up the cleats and get after it for during the action. Alabama is considered the leader and that remains true, but the 6-foot, 170-pounder made it seem like he really enjoyed his time at UM on Saturday. He wanted to continue to build his relationship with Demarcus Van Dyke and Travaris Robinson. Little admitted that he personally feels good about Miami as a program, but it does sound like the folks in Coral Gables are going to have to continue working on his parents.

- Little’s teammate and Top247 defensive lineman Marvin Jones Jr. also showed up and he felt the energy around the program with a bunch of stars in the building. Jones had some prime examples of what the Hurricanes have done at his position with Greg Rousseau and Jaelan Phillips in the building. He felt encouraged hearing Phillips talk about his story of where he was back when he was out of football and where he is today. He also seemed to be a fan of Jess Simpson and the way he operates.

- Miami Central Top247 linebacker Wesley Bissainthe was hanging around Coral Gables with his mom and aunt decked out in UM gear. He was supposed to spend another day at Florida State, but made the trek down from Tallahassee on Saturday morning to be at Miami for Saturday’s Paradise Camp. He was seen hanging around with Orlando Dr. Phillips linebacker DeMario Tolan, who is on his official visit. He was also spotted next to Tolan and Manny Diaz for a portion of the camp before a downpour of rain sent everyone back inside the Indoor Practice Facility.

- Homestead four-star defensive lineman Daniel Lyons got a chance to workout for and watch film with Jess Simpson earlier this week. Miami is sitting in a pretty good spot seeing as they’re the only school to get the 6-foot-4, 270-pounder on campus this summer. Coral Gables feels like home to Lyons and that’s why it’s likely that the Hurricanes get one of his official visits. Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech and some others are also standing out, but Lyons especially wants to see what’s going on in Norman.

- Florida State might be leading the pack for Lyons’ counterpart in edge Dante Anderson, though he maintains there are a few schools in the mix still - including Miami, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and Florida. He also worked out for Jess Simpson this past week and the Hurricanes defensive line coach pointed out some things that can help out his game.

- Miramar defensive back Darius Thomas made an impressive interception at the start of the 7-on-7 period in which he showed his range. “I feel like I showed a lot after the camp,” Thomas said. “I showed my range, my ball skills, and how I move for my size.” Thomas says Miami is in his top five with Georgia, USF, UCF, Texas A&M and Tennessee also showing interest. According to Thomas, Georgia is showing the most interest, but they have yet to offer. He plans to visit Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Georgia when the recruiting period opens up in late July. He does admit Miami is in a good spot right now. “I love everything about Miami; the vibe, the coaching staff, the alumni. It is a great place,” Thomas said.

- Las Vegas Bishop Gorman linebacker Benjamin Hudson was disappointed that a large portion of the camp was rained out, but he felt like he showed the UM coaching staff what he can do and coach Jonathan Patke had some good words for him after the camp. “He just wanted me to clean up some things in the 7-on-7 stuff. He passed coach Ishmael Aristide’s number and he is going to hit me up and try to stay in contact.” Hudson plans to make his college commitment before his senior season. He says Stanford, UCLA, Air Force, and UNLV are showing the most interest. If Miami made a move, they would be near the top of his list because he has family ties to the South Florida area.

- Edge Elijah Russell has impressive length at 6-feet-7 and he hopes he showed coach “I loved every part of it. I love to work and learn.” Russell spent some time talking with Calais Campbell during the camp, who let him know they were similar sizes at the same age. Russell doesn’t have a Miami offer, but admits it would be a dream to have that type of attention from the Hurricanes. Georgia Tech, Arizona State, and Michigan State are showing strong interest right now. Russell was primarily a basketball player before his junior year, when he took up football and totaled between 30 and 40 sacks.

- 2023 Lake City Columbia DB Amare Ferrell called Miami the favorite school he has visited thus far after seeing Georgia, South Carolina, Florida State, and Alabama this summer. Ferrell says he really liked the way DeMarcus Van Dyke and Travaris Robinson coach their players. “They pay attention to detail and know what they are talking about,” Ferrell said. “I got a chance to show my skills at this camp. Miami stands out the most right now to me.”

- Paradise Camp was the third trip to UM for 2023 Jacksonville Mandarin WR Jeremiah Shack, who showed his impressive frame and body control at 6-feet-3 and 191 pounds. He isn’t shy about naming Miami his leader. “They are at the top right now,” Shack said. “They show the most interest and the most love. Coach Likens is the main one that I hear from and he is a great coach. I learned a lot from him today.”

Advertisement
- Shemart Stewart received attention from a bunch of the stars who made it out to Miami on Saturday, including 2021 first-rounders Jaelan Phillips and Greg Rousseau. Calais Campbell was also spotted talking to the 6-foot-5, 260-pounder. Their message to him was that he looks the part already, but that he’s going to have to work hard to get to where he wants to be. Stewart is high on Jess Simpson after spending time around the coach and getting the opportunity to watch film with him.

- It was a bit of a surprise when Plantation American Heritage Top247 cornerback Earl Little Jr. announced on Saturday morning that he would make his way to Coral Gables for Paradise, but he got to Miami’s campus early and took a photoshoot and then decided to lace up the cleats and get after it for during the action. Alabama is considered the leader and that remains true, but the 6-foot, 170-pounder made it seem like he really enjoyed his time at UM on Saturday. He wanted to continue to build his relationship with Demarcus Van Dyke and Travaris Robinson. Little admitted that he personally feels good about Miami as a program, but it does sound like the folks in Coral Gables are going to have to continue working on his parents.

- Little’s teammate and Top247 defensive lineman Marvin Jones Jr. also showed up and he felt the energy around the program with a bunch of stars in the building. Jones had some prime examples of what the Hurricanes have done at his position with Greg Rousseau and Jaelan Phillips in the building. He felt encouraged hearing Phillips talk about his story of where he was back when he was out of football and where he is today. He also seemed to be a fan of Jess Simpson and the way he operates.

- Miami Central Top247 linebacker Wesley Bissainthe was hanging around Coral Gables with his mom and aunt decked out in UM gear. He was supposed to spend another day at Florida State, but made the trek down from Tallahassee on Saturday morning to be at Miami for Saturday’s Paradise Camp. He was seen hanging around with Orlando Dr. Phillips linebacker DeMario Tolan, who is on his official visit. He was also spotted next to Tolan and Manny Diaz for a portion of the camp before a downpour of rain sent everyone back inside the Indoor Practice Facility.

- Homestead four-star defensive lineman Daniel Lyons got a chance to workout for and watch film with Jess Simpson earlier this week. Miami is sitting in a pretty good spot seeing as they’re the only school to get the 6-foot-4, 270-pounder on campus this summer. Coral Gables feels like home to Lyons and that’s why it’s likely that the Hurricanes get one of his official visits. Oklahoma, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech and some others are also standing out, but Lyons especially wants to see what’s going on in Norman.

- Florida State might be leading the pack for Lyons’ counterpart in edge Dante Anderson, though he maintains there are a few schools in the mix still - including Miami, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss and Florida. He also worked out for Jess Simpson this past week and the Hurricanes defensive line coach pointed out some things that can help out his game.

- Miramar defensive back Darius Thomas made an impressive interception at the start of the 7-on-7 period in which he showed his range. “I feel like I showed a lot after the camp,” Thomas said. “I showed my range, my ball skills, and how I move for my size.” Thomas says Miami is in his top five with Georgia, USF, UCF, Texas A&M and Tennessee also showing interest. According to Thomas, Georgia is showing the most interest, but they have yet to offer. He plans to visit Ole Miss, Tennessee, and Georgia when the recruiting period opens up in late July. He does admit Miami is in a good spot right now. “I love everything about Miami; the vibe, the coaching staff, the alumni. It is a great place,” Thomas said.

- Las Vegas Bishop Gorman linebacker Benjamin Hudson was disappointed that a large portion of the camp was rained out, but he felt like he showed the UM coaching staff what he can do and coach Jonathan Patke had some good words for him after the camp. “He just wanted me to clean up some things in the 7-on-7 stuff. He passed coach Ishmael Aristide’s number and he is going to hit me up and try to stay in contact.” Hudson plans to make his college commitment before his senior season. He says Stanford, UCLA, Air Force, and UNLV are showing the most interest. If Miami made a move, they would be near the top of his list because he has family ties to the South Florida area.

- Edge Elijah Russell has impressive length at 6-feet-7 and he hopes he showed coach “I loved every part of it. I love to work and learn.” Russell spent some time talking with Calais Campbell during the camp, who let him know they were similar sizes at the same age. Russell doesn’t have a Miami offer, but admits it would be a dream to have that type of attention from the Hurricanes. Georgia Tech, Arizona State, and Michigan State are showing strong interest right now. Russell was primarily a basketball player before his junior year, when he took up football and totaled between 30 and 40 sacks.

- 2023 Lake City Columbia DB Amare Ferrell called Miami the favorite school he has visited thus far after seeing Georgia, South Carolina, Florida State, and Alabama this summer. Ferrell says he really liked the way DeMarcus Van Dyke and Travaris Robinson coach their players. “They pay attention to detail and know what they are talking about,” Ferrell said. “I got a chance to show my skills at this camp. Miami stands out the most right now to me.”

- Paradise Camp was the third trip to UM for 2023 Jacksonville Mandarin WR Jeremiah Shack, who showed his impressive frame and body control at 6-feet-3 and 191 pounds. He isn’t shy about naming Miami his leader. “They are at the top right now,” Shack said. “They show the most interest and the most love. Coach Likens is the main one that I hear from and he is a great coach. I learned a lot from him today.”
So Lyons and Anderson maybe aren't the package deal most thought.Wonder if Anderson is feeling FSU because we're not making him a priority like his team mate.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back