Little info on miles and fisher from dot

dmcanes

Recruit
've spent countless hours the past couple days on the phone with sources connected in some fashion to FSU or LSU. Some of these sources are extremely well-connected, and some not so much.

To be upfront, I don't have anything solid enough to actually "report" something or write a story that would go up on our front page (almost everything I've been told is off the record). However, I've heard enough that it's probably worthy enough to share with our subscribers.

First the LSU perspective

Everyone I've spoken to in the LSU camp is entirely convinced that Les Miles is gone whether the Tigers win or lose this Saturday. I'm not entirely sold that the administration would run him off if LSU defeats Texas A&M convincingly, but LSU insiders say otherwise and insist that it's already done. There is also extreme confidence that Miles' resignation, or however they are going to phrase it, will take place very quickly -- Probably by Monday, or Tuesday at the latest. Because this is being pushed through so quickly, the feeling is that a new coach is pretty much in the fold and will be announced 24-48 hours after Miles' dismissal.

The LSU insiders are also extremely confident that Jimbo Fisher will be the Tigers' next head coach. When I inquire for specifics or where the confidence is coming from the responses are rather anecdotal. There are definitely some highly placed boosters and some in the administration that strongly believe that Fisher will be back in Baton Rouge, but again, I'm not sure where that is coming from. I can only speculate that super agent Jimmy Sexton is dangling the carrot as he does with all his clients whether they are truly interested or not. Perhaps that and the notion that LSU is a better job than FSU (which is nonsense IMO) is enough to convince these insiders that Fisher is coming.

The FSU perspective

I've probably spoken to a half dozen well-connected sources inside the Florida State camp this week. And the feeling on Fisher's future is a polar opposite from what the LSU camp is saying. There is some concern because of Fisher's prior connections to LSU, but nobody has heard a thing that has raised a red flag indicating that he might be leaving FSU.

In addition to just "feelings" and "opinions," solid information has come my way that strongly backs up the notion that Fisher is not leaving Florida State anytime soon. I'm not at liberty to share all the details, but was told that Fisher and FSU president John Thrasher had a conversation this week on the topic and that the discussion went very well. From what we've gathered, there's strong confidence from the president's office that Fisher is staying put. I picked up another nugget of information I can't share but it supports that LSU will have to look elsewhere for its next head coach.

Wrapping up

It's obvious that the two camps on this issue are seeing this situation very differently. But in doing this a long time, I always go with the known commodity, and that is sources that have proven reliable for years. Frankly, there's no track record with LSU insiders so they could be full of bunk or not, and I wouldn't know either way. But I do trust certain people that are in a very good position to provide valuable insight on Fisher's future and they seem convinced that he is happy at FSU, and that the reports out of LSU are not accurate.

To put it this way, when the reports came out that Les Miles was going to be pushed out, and that Jimbo Fisher was going to be pursued by LSU, my confidence in him staying at FSU was somewhere in the 60% range. However, based on conversations with multiple credible sources that percentage is now probably in the 80-90% range.

Advertisement
Doesn't make much sense for Fisher to leave FSU. Not that LSU is in anyway a bad job but in a way he'd be starting over.

Great info man.. What do you think happens when it comes to our next HC? Who do u think it will be? Butch? Herman?

Advertisement
I'll be my account that Jimbo doesn't go to LSU. Would be a backwards move for him. Guy won an NC two years ago at one of the big brand schools and makes 5 mil. He's gonna leave for some SEC program that outside of Saban and his recruits hasn't won anything?

Show me a Link on miles. Don't think it's official. I want Herman. Classy comment about dot. Your welcome

Advertisement
We'd almost be better off for Jimbo to stay. It'd be hard to pull a top coach over them. Same conference, more money, more fan support.

Show me a Link on miles. Don't think it's official. I want Herman. Classy comment about dot. Your welcome

Why the **** should anyone concern themselves with "class" when discussing a dwarf fan of a rival school who rubs his **** raw to shirtless high schoolers? Do you get how sports works? He is associated with FSU, he is an FSU fan. He owns an FSU website. Therefore he is to be hated and made fun of. This is day one stuff we're talking about here. If I was a day away from dying of cancer and FSU a discovered the cure, I'd ***** that it took them long enough.

Advertisement
It's amazing you f***ING censor yourself way to show restraint. Lol smh it's amazing what people will type

Why the **** should anyone concern themselves with "class" when discussing a dwarf fan of a rival school who rubs his **** raw to shirtless high schoolers? Do you get how sports works? He is associated with FSU, he is an FSU fan. He owns an FSU website. Therefore he is to be hated and made fun of. This is day one stuff we're talking about here. If I was a day away from dying of cancer and FSU a discovered the cure, I'd ***** that it took them long enough.

Yes. Because that is how sports message boards often work.

It's amazing you f***ING censor yourself way to show restraint. Lol smh it's amazing what people will type

Apparently the board does it automatically. The third word is '****' but I'm going to self censor the word *****? Makes sense.

Advertisement
JImbo needs to leave that place.
Its about to get ugly there with the rape stories.

In a "normal" year, I would see little chance of this happening. This year however, with the rape allegations, the divorce from his wife, etc., Jimbo may indeed leave.

It would be dumb of Fisher to leave. In the ACC it's beat Clemson and he's in the conference championship game guaranteed. Beat us and UF and you're in the playoff. At LSU you have to deal with Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss State just to get to the conference championship game. Then you still have the Gators on your schedule and who ever comes out of the east standing between you and the playoff.

If Fisher leaves for LSU it won' t be for football reasons. The rape scandal, his divorce, or whatever else may be going on may lead him to want a change of scenery.

Advertisement
Back