Listened to a Podcast with Brad Tejada..

I had to read this twice to absorb everything you said here. wow. Couple of things for me: if all this tension between Banda and Baker went on for the majority of the season, added to the COVID situation, I understand better why it seemed like the top just blew off in the UNC game.

It also seems that Manny took Baker's side in all of the discord. I find that really interesting considering his long time relationship with Banda. Could be Baker was easier for him to control? I wonder what Lashlee/Likens/Justice thought about all of that. They came in with the goal of building up /restructuring a solid offense only to watch the defensive staff implode... Had to be really frustrating.
And all this time most thought Banda and Diaz were joined at the hip. IF Banda gave Diaz an ultimatum and was told to go pound sand, it could be an indication that Diaz might not be as attached to his D coaches as many believed.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Why does anyone believe the OP’s info is accurate?

Didn’t you notice dds’s response?

All else aside, and it’s a lot else to put aside, the idea that the UM Board of Trustees met twice between the bowl game and Jan 4 to talk about football sounds ridiculous. Like, lol ridiculous.

Hey let’s have a board meeting to talk about football staff decisions? Over New Years no less. Tell Frenk and James don’t really care if they attend, we want a talk to manny.

Folks believe this?

The board of trustees are pushing Manny around because they can. When they hired Manny and forced his hand in firing the offense, they knew right then and there they had a puppet. They have always known they could push Manny from the very beginning, which could be great for us.

All else aside, and it’s a lot else to put aside, the idea that the UM Board of Trustees met twice between the bowl game and Jan 4 to talk about football sounds ridiculous. Like, lol ridiculous.

Hey let’s have a board meeting to talk about football staff decisions? Over New Years no less. Tell Frenk and James don’t really care if they attend, we want a talk to manny.

Folks believe this?
Let me ask it this way: Why would it be made up?

The reporter who makes this up loses his credibility forever.

From what I’ve heard Banda left because he wanted to call the shots on Defense, he basically gave Manny an ultimatum, either bump him up to full time DC or he’d go be a DC elsewhere, he had leverage because along with the Utah State offer, he had a few other offers at other programs on the table too.

The Ed Reed stuff I’m unsure of & I think is being blown up out of proportion because a lot of the former players don’t like Banda because they were Rumph loyalist so they tend to insert a narrative there about him budding heads with guys, the reality is there would be no reason for him to bump heads with Reed because Reed wasn’t a full time coach on staff. But he definitely did have issues with Baker, I heard directly from a current player on the team that Banda & Baker really didn’t get along at all this season & that played a big part on why the Defense regressed so bad, because Banda wanted to assert himself & move Bake out the way after we got our asses whooped by Clemson, but Diaz didn’t want to rock the boat having two coaches fighting for play calling duty, because as people seem to forget Banda did have the title of Co-DC but had no say so on play calling.

Based on what I’ve gathered, my guess is Banda got ****ed at Diaz for not making him the Capo of the Defense & decided it was time to move on, he took Zuck & attempted to bring DVD with him, but Manny really wants to keep DVD because he knows how integral he is to our recruiting, especially on Defense for the 22 class.

Idk how concrete this Tejada guy’s info as in terms of a meeting with the BOT, but I definitely believe they made it clear to Manny that the Baker man needs to be removed as DC & they are willing to shell out extra cash in order to get some better coaches on the Defensive side. We’ll know exactly how true any of this is come next week once everybody is back off vacation on Jan 11th & the following week.

Idk how optimistic I should be, but I’m kinda leaning towards more action happening next week in terms of hirings & possible additional firings. I have no idea if Baker stays or gets demoted or fired, if I had to make an educated guess I would say it all depends on where we stand with T-Rob, if we get T-Rob I expect things to be shaken up, if not it could be more reshuffling of the chairs on the deck of the titanic, but as of now everything is wait & see. We’ll have a clearer picture come next week.

But I will say I do think we’ll make a good hire at DL coach, I mean for Diaz’s sake he better lol.
Getting our moneys worth right here. Thanks LCE

Advertisement
This is inline with what I've been saying on here since... I don't know... the beginning of time?

There is a set amount of money allocated to the football staff. Does the University have other money? Yes. Does it mean that money is/can just get moved to football salaries? No. The takeaway here is that to make changes, the BOT is willing to allocate more money. That money must be unallocated at this point, as money is not going to be taken from existing capital allocations.

So either 1) there's a fund that is not being utilized for a specific purpose (which would otherwise simply go to the endowment) that can be allocated to salaries, OR 2) Trustees/boosters are willing to put up more of their own money. To me, the latter scenario is more likely.

As for the the offense getting paid but the defense not, it's pretty **** simple (as I've also said several times here): there is a pool of funds. Diaz, being a defensive guy and implementing his D scheme, doesn't need to really pay up for the D staff (in his approach, debate that all you want) but NEEDS to spend on offense. So the lion's share of staff funds has gone to the offensive staff.
The boosters/bot were willing to come up with extra money for an OC for Richt, and for a GM for Diaz. Serious money. They both declined. No reason to believe they aren’t willing to find the money for a DC now.

These people are doing right by the program now. They aren’t the problem.

Folks believe this?

I mean I get your point, but they also don’t have to meet in person anymore. Zoom meetings are more popular than ever.

Folks believe this?
Has DDS never been wrong or something? And I’m not saying this meeting happened

On the Wide Right Podcast with Manny Navarro this past week (recorded Wed 2pm), Kelvin Harris mentioned that Rumph would remain on staff but would be reassigned and that DVD to Utah State was not a definite thing. Also said don't expect T-Rob to come to UM, they hinted that he prefers a job that comes with bags for recruits.

Advertisement

Folks believe this?

First, they can meet by Zoom or Teams.

Second, they usually discuss football each year after the season ends, so this is normal.

Depends on how much they’d give me to spend...

But I’ll play along hypothetically, the first thing I’d do is shîtcan Baker & Patke.

Then for DC, My top 3 guys would be Marcus Freeman, Kevin Kane & or Ryan Walters
(whichever one agreed on terms)

At DL coach, I go with Charlie Partridge, Travian Robertson or Rod Wright

At LB coach I’d go with Joseph Gillespie, Tyrone Nix or Brian Williams (he’s the former Carol City alum/coach that used coach LB’s at FSU & is currently DL coach at Maryland, he’s the South FL plug for MD)

At Safeties, I’d go with Aaron Henry, Doug Belk or Kevin Curtis (mainly for recruiting)

At Special Teams coach, I’d bump up Telly Lockette, or go get Ra’Shaad Samples.

Ok, I'll play along.

My ideal staff ..... (in order of preference)

DL - 1. Kevin Patrick - 2. Charlie Partridge - (equivalent capability, but patrick would be more stable and carries less baggage)
LB - Marcus Freeman (as DC) - but i would also look at Chad Staggs as DC/LB's
S - 1. Aaron Henry - 2. Jason Jones
CB - 1. Travaris Robinson - 2. Wesley McGriff - (and there needs to be an on field role for DVD. He's ready to assist one of these guys at the position)

With the exception of Robinson, i know that Patrick, Freeman, Henry, all have gotten it done without bags. My concern with robinson, as much as i think he can kill it at UM, and i know he's a good coach, he's had a lot of bag support over the years. not sure how that translates at UM. which is why he may be concerned about the position here.

First, they can meet by Zoom or Teams.

Second, they usually discuss football each year after the season ends, so this is normal.
The board of directors usually calls in the head coach to directly address the board about football staff topics, without coordination with frenk or james?

You're asking why something on an internet message board would be made up?

You're suggesting reporters don't do things that put their credibility at risk?

Advertisement
Zoom or not, there aren't a lot of boards I know of meeting between Christmas and Jan. 4.

Probably not, but there are open days in between there which are really slow days to accomplish things. In the past was probably nuts to think but the way things are with the way everyone meets nowadays it’s not that far fetched to think they met that way.

I have no opinion on Brad. But he also has nothing to lose. There's no one to counter his story. You think Barry is going to track down BOT members to dispute something said on a podcast? Ain't happening.

Quite frankly, we've rarely heard anything from the BOT meetings over the years, despite the fact that guys like Ariz and DMoney were legitimately plugged in. This much detail was odd to say the least.

Advertisement
The board of trustees are pushing Manny around because they can. When they hired Manny and forced his hand in firing the offense, they knew right then and there they had a puppet. They have always known they could push Manny from the very beginning, which could be great for us.

Any coach that loses can get pushed around or get pushed out lol.

Probably not, but there are open days in between there which are really slow days to accomplish things. In the past was probably nuts to think but the way things are with the way everyone meets nowadays it’s not that far fetched to think they met that way.
You think the kind of people who join this university's board of trustees are zooming in between christmas and Jan. 4 to discuss assistant corch topics with a football coach?

I doubt it. But I guess you never know.

The board of directors usually calls in the head coach to directly address the board about football staff topics, without coordination with frenk or james?

Where did I say that Beta Blake would not also be on the call?

As for Frenk, who knows and who cares.

Advertisement
Back