Listen Up Slurpers...

Advertisement
Ummmm Manny is a top 10 dc..... Just sayin.

I never fully liked the level of gimmickry in his defenses. But even if you love Manny as DC, I don't see how he can be both HC and DC.

No expert on how great DCs become great DCs. But it feels like it starts in the war room watching film all day long. To call a defense, don't you want to know every single player's tendencies from the opposing offense by watching every single play they've had over the past several games. That's 11 players x ~70 plays a game x ~3-4 games. = 2-3K snaps.

Then the DC should look at his own players and know their tendencies to identify how opposing OCs will try to exploit them. snaps to watch. Probably a little less snap counts to watch, since it's the same players every week. But still need to put in the hours.

That's a lot of time in the film room. Then you add in managing the staff and recruiting and coaching and developing the players. 70-80 hour work weeks in-season should be the norm. How the heck do you manage that and be HC? Impossible IMHO.

They're winning the offseason, getting that perennial false bravado back.
michael richards yes GIF

Advertisement
I am I between one day I feel like mopeing then the next I feel like slurping(pause).

Advertisement
In My head this is how manny announced his DC decision to baker and staff. I bet if someone checked, manny‘s office is much bigger now

With someone else's players he is.
Naah he had a top defensive units at Miss state too, Middle tenn and Texas. Ppl forget how bad we was defensively before he got here. U not sold on him as a HC, fine. **** If your a never manny guy cool. But let’s not act like he’s not one of the better Defensive coordinators whose been

Advertisement
Naah he had a top defensive units at Miss state too, Middle tenn and Texas. Ppl forget how bad we was defensively before he got here. U not sold on him as a HC, fine. **** If your a never manny guy cool. But let’s not act like he’s not one of the better Defensive coordinators whose been
He had 2 one year stints at Miss State too, so wasn't really coaching his own players there. And didn't he get fired from TX?

He’s done exactly the thing we criticized Golden and CmR for not doing.
But he’s run out life lines
He's adjusted, but part of that is him understanding that he doesn't know what he is doing and is learning on the job. Guys with head coaching experience will naturally be a little more stubborn with what they believe works.

I'm normally one of the biggest slurpers out there, but I just don't see it working with this guy.

Advertisement
He had 2 one year stints at Miss State too, so wasn't really coaching his own players there. And didn't he get fired from TX?
He got scapegoated at Texas after 2 games in 2013 a szn after fielding the top defense in the conference ...idk what “coaching his own players means”..he wasn’t coaching his own players 2016..those same players who together were among the worse defenses in school history..like I said thers legit things to be critical of him as a head coach but let’s not act like he’s not at the very least a top 20 Defensive coach in the game. What’s he fielded here’ and at previous stops let’s you know that

I never fully liked the level of gimmickry in his defenses. But even if you love Manny as DC, I don't see how he can be both HC and DC.

No expert on how great DCs become great DCs. But it feels like it starts in the war room watching film all day long. To call a defense, don't you want to know every single player's tendencies from the opposing offense by watching every single play they've had over the past several games. That's 11 players x ~70 plays a game x ~3-4 games. = 2-3K snaps.

Then the DC should look at his own players and know their tendencies to identify how opposing OCs will try to exploit them. snaps to watch. Probably a little less snap counts to watch, since it's the same players every week. But still need to put in the hours.

That's a lot of time in the film room. Then you add in managing the staff and recruiting and coaching and developing the players. 70-80 hour work weeks in-season should be the norm. How the heck do you manage that and be HC? Impossible IMHO.
This is probably one of your worse porsts ever. If you think manny and every coach doesn't spend about 15 hours a day at the office with about 2 hours on the field every day then you ahve no idea about the profession.

Admit it, you're just a hater and hate the guy. You will give him no credit for anything

Advertisement
Back