Listen Up Slurpers...

Advertisement
You’re getting a little aggressive out there right now and you’re dropping the left a little more than you should. You think you’ve got these “Mopes on the Ropes” but these buggers are resilient I tell you. Pace yourselves. It’s a long haul.
The biggest mopes on here are the hardcore anti-mopes and they don't even know it. They've become what they swore to destroy.

Advertisement
You’re getting a little aggressive out there right now and you’re dropping the left a little more than you should. You think you’ve got these “Mopes on the Ropes” but these buggers are resilient I tell you. Pace yourselves. It’s a long haul.
We havent lost since December. "Come at me bro". In other news is January anyone else's favorite month of the year or is it just me?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I never fully liked the level of gimmickry in his defenses. But even if you love Manny as DC, I don't see how he can be both HC and DC.

No expert on how great DCs become great DCs. But it feels like it starts in the war room watching film all day long. To call a defense, don't you want to know every single player's tendencies from the opposing offense by watching every single play they've had over the past several games. That's 11 players x ~70 plays a game x ~3-4 games. = 2-3K snaps.

Then the DC should look at his own players and know their tendencies to identify how opposing OCs will try to exploit them. snaps to watch. Probably a little less snap counts to watch, since it's the same players every week. But still need to put in the hours.

That's a lot of time in the film room. Then you add in managing the staff and recruiting and coaching and developing the players. 70-80 hour work weeks in-season should be the norm. How the heck do you manage that and be HC? Impossible IMHO.
I agree with everything you've said but where does that leave Manny? There's no point in hiring an inferior dc, we've already gone down that road and failed. Maybe a well respected young lb coach with dc aspirations and give him the time consuming duty of film study and the opportunity to learn the play calling from a well respected dc. Other than that I don't see where you go.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back