List of most dbs in the league

Advertisement

Miami will have 12 after the draft is over. Sure bama will add 1-2, uf 1 and LSU 1 for sure. Ohio state got 1 more getting drafted in Kendall Sheffield too

True; but the other schools above Miami will have more as well. Regardless, it still amazes me after all these down years we are still in the upper echelon. We wouldn’t know it by these balls washing analyst, but truly amazing, indeed.

Miami will have 12 after the draft is over. I’m Sure bama will add 1-2, uf 1 and LSU 1 for sure. Ohio state got 1 more getting drafted in Kendall Sheffield too

I get we have a lot in the league, but to me it don’t mean that much if those players are just your average roster bodies. We’re so used to having guys who dominate at a position like Jimmy Graham, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis and Willis Mcgahee.

Point: our players have been good enough to wn the coarstal.

Counterpoint: but not good enough to compete for titles, and not as good as they should have been if we’d evaluated and recruited better, and we have had major roster holes for years, including tok many unfilled seats for far too long.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I’m starting to wonder if Ethnic Sands thinks our talent level is trash, can’t tell from his multitude of posts on the topic.

Time will tell but I think we have plenty of talent, just needs to be utilized properly.

Advertisement

Counterpoint: but not good enough to compete for titles, and not as good as they should have been if we’d evaluated and recruited better, and we have had major roster holes for years, including tok many unfilled seats for far too long.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Nailed it.

Wash, rinse, repeat.
We've had the players to win the coastal first the past decade. We should never have more than two conference losses a year even in the down years.

What's kept us from titles is coaching, player development, strength and conditioning and scheme. The talent has been there.

True; but the other schools above Miami will have more as well. Regardless, it still amazes me after all these down years we are still in the upper echelon. We wouldn’t know it by these balls washing analyst, but truly amazing, indeed.

You're amazed because when you're the drum major for the feminine brigrade, and dont know jack schimitt about football nor talent, and continue to be a star ***** and rely on nerd recruiting sites as your source of football knowledge, yep, you'll continue to be amazed!

We've had the players to win the coastal first the past decade. We should never have more than two conference losses a year even in the down years.

What's kept us from titles is coaching, player development, strength and conditioning and scheme. The talent has been there.
What’s kept us from COARSTAL titles is coaching. What has kept us from being relevant for national titles is coaching (including talent acquisition and roster management).

Advertisement

Wash, rinse, repeat.

It’s funny how every time someone posts one of these lists, all of the other teams listed are competing for titles.

The facts keep coming and they speak for themselves. The talent can always be better until we are the 2001 Canes. But look at the company we keep. We are consistently the only school on these lists that’s not a contender.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I get we have a lot in the league, but to me it don’t mean that much if those players are just your average roster bodies. We’re so used to having guys who dominate at a position like Jimmy Graham, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis and Willis Mcgahee.
It matters because if you can play in the league you should be a very good college player. It's an indication of overall talent level and/or developmental abilities of the coaching staff. Either way, it means we should be better than our record indicates.

Again, even if we continue to lose the blue chip 5 star recruits, we will always have championship talent at db, rb, wr, te, and de just from our location alone. Only thing we have been missing the last decade plus has been modern coaching. I'm not sure any program has had a more stubborn string of coaches back-to-back-to-back-to-back like UM has. Just coaches who absolutely refused to get with the times.

Advertisement
It’s funny how every time someone posts one of these lists, all of the other teams listed are competing for titles.

The facts keep coming and they speak for themselves. The talent can always be better until we are the 2001 Canes. But look at the company we keep. We are consistently the only school on these lists that’s not a contender.
Is it funny because you think our roster has been title worthy the past decade? If so, let’s have that discussion.

We all know that our coaching has stunk, so not sure what there is to say on that point. It certainly isnt new, interesting or controversial.

In any case, you are too smart and well educated to regurgitate the ‘facts speak for themselves’ stuff. That is something people say when they're spinning, or simple. Do you think these ‘facts’ you reference are all the facts relevant to our roster situation, or should we admit that there are other facts that matter, too?

Advertisement
Again, even if we continue to lose the blue chip 5 star recruits, we will always have championship talent at db, rb, wr, te, and de just from our location alone. Only thing we have been missing the last decade plus has been modern coaching. I'm not sure any program has had a more stubborn string of coaches back-to-back-to-back-to-back like UM has. Just coaches who absolutely refused to get with the times.

I would argue we've missed the 3 most important things: 1. Modern Coaching (which includes crootin); 2. Strong QB play; and, 3. a dominant OL. Those 3 pieces trump the rest of the skill players I think. Nonetheless, weve had enough that we should be in Charlotte EVERY year.

I would argue we've missed the 3 most important things: 1. Modern Coaching (which includes crootin); 2. Strong QB play; and, 3. a dominant OL. Those 3 pieces trump the rest of the skill players I think. Nonetheless, weve had enough that we should be in Charlotte EVERY year.
Definitely agree with the first 2, but I think #2 is an offshoot of #1 in a way. A guy like Jacory for example would've been amazing had he gone to Oregon for example or if he had the right OC who played to his skillset and abilities. It also speaks to Qb evaluation and recruiting overall.

#3, I think we've been hit or miss. We've had some great OL talent, problem is, they just were asked to do the wrong things for whatever reason.

One thing I'd add to your list also is S&C. Some High School's probably had more competent programs than we did.

Is it funny because you think our roster has been title worthy the past decade? If so, let’s have that discussion.

We all know that our coaching has stunk, so not sure what there is to say on that point. It certainly isnt new, interesting or controversial.

In any case, you are too smart and well educated to regurgitate the ‘facts speak for themselves’ stuff. That is something people say when they're spinning, or simple. Do you think these ‘facts’ you reference are all the facts relevant to our roster situation, or should we admit that there are other facts that matter, too?

Why are we the only non-contender on all of these lists? It’s been a consistent pattern.

Notice how our head coaches don’t get other HC jobs when they fail here. Even UF’s failed coaches are already head coaches again. Ours are toxic. That tells me a lot about the talent they wasted.

We’ve had holes on our roster that a good coach can quickly patch up. The overall talent has been strong, as all of the NFL results confirm.

We need someone who can evaluate the talent on our own team (see Diaz kicking out Mahoney) and who can convert latent NFL talent into college production (see our safeties since 2016). When that happens, we will look a lot more talented with the same players.

Why are we the only non-contender on all of these lists? It’s been a consistent pattern.

Notice how our head coaches don’t get other HC jobs when they fail here. Even UF’s failed coaches are already head coaches again. Ours are toxic. That tells me a lot about the talent they wasted.

We’ve had holes on our roster that a good coach can quickly patch up. The overall talent has been strong, as all of the NFL results confirm.

We need someone who can evaluate the talent on our own team (see Diaz kicking out Mahoney) and who can convert latent NFL talent into college production (see our safeties since 2016). When that happens, we will look a lot more talented with the same players.
You ansered the question yourself. It’s both coaching (scheme, game planning, play calling, developent) plus roster management, which includes evals, and avoiding depth issues and big holes. And yes, it’s all fixable by a good coach. 100% agreed.

As I have consistently yapped about around here, recruiting and roster management isn’t rocket science. Most of it can be accomplished by planning, effort and discipline. A roster that has too many unused scholarships or too many wasted spots or gaping holes in important areas is unacceptable. It doesn’t take Butch Davis level evals to have a fully utilizable roster. And we dont need 20 first round picks to compete with top programs. But we do need better overall evals and roster management, including line depth and S&C results. It’s all doable.

Advertisement
Back