Link for GT game today

If Blake isn’t going to fire L (and he clearly isn’t), he needs to at least push L to get new assistants.

I don't know what will happen but this is what's interesting.
You have a coach who has three straight losing season and three years left on his contract.
I really want to see what happens.

Advertisement
Clearly the worst Men’s college basketball team in the ACC. There isn’t much to like about this team. The players and coaches don’t inspire confidence, and this team is regressing. SMH

I disagree.
The team has talent but it is really missing the depth to compete in the ACC.
This is where relying on transfers hurt.
Unless Miami gets five waivers on five transfers for next season, Miami could again only have 8 scholarship players.

Don’t worry guys, nothing to worry about. Our AD and some guy in Broward said L has it all under control and is running a successful, efficient program.

In fairness, that is the right thing to say at this time of the year. He was there with the intentions of discussing the baseball team and he got surprised with a basketball question.

Advertisement
So the declining Coach L "era" ends with yet another very bad "L". Who woulda thot: Georgia Tech by 27? Yes, many of the "excuses" are Legit. Still, something is not right... whatever talent we have plays way below potential, and it's a sh*Tshow once again. Anyone else fed up?
don’t know which one to be more fed up with at the moment: canes baseball losing yet again to Florida or canes hoops stinking up the joint to high heaven

I’m leaning baseball right now

One thing we all should have learned from the ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries is this.
Most dynasties done end well.
The breakup is normally bad.

The last 5 years of Don Shula was bad but people never forgot 1972.

Advertisement
In fairness, that is the right thing to say at this time of the year. He was there with the intentions of discussing the baseball team and he got surprised with a basketball question.
You’re not wrong but he also gets zero benefit of the doubt due to all of the reasons that have been rehashed ad nauseum.

One thing we all should have learned from the ESPN 30 for 30 documentaries is this.

Are you inferring we EVER had any sort of hoops "dynasty" at UM?

After today, I would not be surprised to see several of our players head for the Portal. Only thing preventing that is they may understand they have little to no personal "market" for their services.

Advertisement
Are you inferring we EVER had any sort of hoops "dynasty" at UM?

Given the previous history of the program, this 10 year run under Coach L is an accomplishment.

2 Sweet 16s
4 wins in 4 trips to the NCAA tournament
1 NIT runner up
3 season ticket sellout

That is remarkable. Unfortunately, this may be the end.

When the program was rolling in the wrong direction, Coach L was the square needed to stabilize the situation.
Now, a circle is needed to get the program rolling again.

Given the previous history of the program, this 10 year run under Coach L is an accomplishment.

2 Sweet 16s
4 wins in 4 trips to the NCAA tournament
1 NIT runner up
3 season ticket sellout

That is remarkable. Unfortunately, this may be the end.

When the program was rolling in the wrong direction, Coach L was the square needed to stabilize the situation.
Now, a circle is needed to get the program rolling again.
I wouldn't even bother with the last two items on your "accomplishment" list. Nobody cares about the NIT and those season tix "sellouts" don't come close to meeting an eye test.

L's biggest accomplishment, to me, was winning the regular season and ACC Tourney championships, in the same season! I rate that over the Sweet 16 appearances. Harder to achieve.

He has served UM well; now, it's time to exit before his rep is further tarnished by more beat-downs like he and the team suffered today.

It’s just unreal the program has been allowed to collapse like this. This is what happens when you have an AD who completely lacks oversight. Blake’s whole “I hire the coach and let them do whatever they want” approach is nonsense.

These roster issues, constant injuries, and lack of development have been building for years and nobody did anything to fix it. Now, it’s fallen off the cliff and it will take years to fix it.

Advertisement

Bad? Well, you got the part right about we never forgot 1972. His last season he was 9-7. Last half of career didn't look like the first half but he set the bar just a tad high.

Get your point though minus throwing Shula under your bus.

199060MIANFL161240.7504.70.54.2211.5002
199161MIANFL16880.500-4.10.7-4.83
199262MIANFL161150.6881.52.1-0.6211.5001
199363MIANFL16970.563-0.53.9-4.32
199464MIANFL161060.6254.24.5-0.3211.5001

Bad? Well, you got the part right about we never forgot 1972. His last season he was 9-7. Last half of career didn't look like the first half but he set the bar just a tad high.

Get your point though minus throwing Shula under your bus.

199060MIANFL161240.7504.70.54.2211.5002
199161MIANFL16880.500-4.10.7-4.83
199262MIANFL161150.6881.52.1-0.6211.5001
199363MIANFL16970.563-0.53.9-4.32
199464MIANFL161060.6254.24.5-0.3211.5001

Nice stats but how many playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances did they make.
I was not trying to throw Shula under the bus.
Raising the bar is a gift and a curse because fans always want more.

Nice stats but how many playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances did they make.
I was not trying to throw Shula under the bus.
Raising the bar is a gift and a curse because fans always want more.
Not all fans. Just spoiled fans who think 12-4 and 11-5 and 10-6 are bad years if we don't win a Super Bowl or a playoff game. He had 3 playoff victories but I guess losing in a Divisional playoff game or AFC Championship is unacceptable.

Good thing we dumped him, Marino, and the rest of those clowns. We have been on freakin fire with great years of playoff comeback victories, Super Bowl triumphs and Division Championships ever since. The type of success we have had is the poster child for AA and how you cure your drinking habits...No bubbly for you ever! I know you didn't mean to throw Shula under the bus you just kind of let it flow out through your typing lol.

Coach L? I don't know. He has done some real good things for us so I am inclined to write off this year (Everything has been so f'ed up and weird) and see what happens next year, and if there is no improvement or we digress then make a move. People also forget that the NCAA screwed us with their BS witch hunt that hurt his recruiting. I am not a big basketball guy so I am sure others are more knowledgeable than me.

Advertisement
Back