Lingering staph questions

I’m still surprised we’re not bringing in more Analysts...

That’s something we still haven’t done enough of to help catch up with the rest of the top programs.

I honestly don’t know how many we have, comparatively speaking. My impression was, or is, that we have more than what we used to have. But that how that compares with other programs, I honestly don’t know.

I also think this might be a function of having a new DC and OC. I would want them to get the type of analysts that they want, for better interoperability and function with respect to their specific philosophies. So maybe we will be hiring more over the next couple of months and into the summer? I don’t know.

Advertisement
I honestly don’t know how many we have, comparatively speaking. My impression was, or is, that we have more than what we used to have. But that how that compares with other programs, I honestly don’t know.

I also think this might be a function of having a new DC and OC. I would want them to get the type of analysts that they want, for better interoperability and function with respect to their specific philosophies. So maybe we will be hiring more over the next couple of months and into the summer? I don’t know.
We have more than we had in the Richt/Diaz era, but still significantly less than what most top tier programs have.

Do you think more will be hired between now and September?
Probably, considering we have 2 new coordinators & just lost Coach Terry & JTaylor just became an on-field Coach.

I’d like to see us get some lower level Coaches looking for a pay raise who can come in for a year & learn the program & then put themselves in position to possibly get elevated to On-field once we have another Coaching turnover again.

Or just get some dudes who are good with their Buyout money & aren’t looking to get back into full time Coaching just yet, but don’t mind taking a minimized analyst role.

Advertisement
Probably, considering we have 2 new coordinators & just lost Coach Terry & JTaylor just became an on-field Coach.

I’d like to see us get some lower level Coaches looking for a pay raise who can come in for a year & learn the program & then put themselves in position to possibly get elevated to On-field once we have another Coaching turnover again.

Or just get some dudes who are good with their Buyout money & aren’t looking to get back into full time Coaching just yet, but don’t mind taking a minimized analyst role.

Sounds right. I would guess some of them might be analysts that the OC and DC will have a certain comfort level with, whether through prior exposure or philosophy/background.

Advertisement
Players are always notified AFTER CiS gets notified.
21S35iv1C67ns2g458.gif

What do analysts get paid? I'll consider being the Saturday/Sunday guy.

30K a year at Bama. Most are still getting massive buyouts from their old coaching gigs they got fired from

I’ve been reading this book and it goes into a little detail about how Saban started the whole analysts on staff thing.

Also goes into detail on recruiting, staff turnover etc.. it’s an easy read and a pretty good book even if you aren’t a Tide fan.

0DCF206A-0395-492A-B2B0-30C3462BBF48.jpeg

Advertisement
30K a year at Bama. Most are still getting massive buyouts from their old coaching gigs they got fired from

I’ve been reading this book and it goes into a little detail about how Saban started the whole analysts on staff thing.

Also goes into detail on recruiting, staff turnover etc.. it’s an easy read and a pretty good book even if you aren’t a Tide fan.

View attachment 231849
Maybe on paper it's $30k, but these guys are getting more off the books just like their recruits have been for years.

Pride is something else. Dude demotes himself because he didn’t get the DC job SMH.
Pretty sure the results were intended by Mario. Strong is apparently one of the "under performing" guys last year as far as recruiting was concerned. Hard for an older guy with $10-15M in the bank to have the fire to do what is necessary in recruiting. He's gone ... intended result.

Advertisement
As Spring ball approaches, I figured maybe some of our esteemed insiders might lend some clarification how our staff rounds out:

- What's up with Addae? Being retained?

- Where does DVD fit in?

- Field officially retained?

- Big Joe officially retained?

Slightly off-topic but where will Charlie Strong end up?

Right now I've got:

Dawson OC/QB
Harris RB
Beard WR
Field TE
Mirabal OL
Taylor? DE
Salave'a DT
Nicholson LB
Guidry DC/Safeties?
Addae DB

Is this accurate? More moves expected?
I'm also wondering (and maybe this has been covered in other threads) how much say Dawson has had in the offensive staph hires and how much say Guidry has had on the defesnive side.

Advertisement
Back