Lingard's position coach talks with CIS

Canes fans this commit by Lingard tells you how important establishing and maintaining a relationship with recruits happens to be. Mark Richt and Thomas Brown started this relationship with Lingard at Georgia two years ago. Its basically a 2 to even 4 year process of building that relationship between a coaching staff and recruits. This is what the Miami Hurricanes head coach and staff should be doing in South Florida because they have an advantage over everybody in the nation not named FIU and FAU. Al Golden and staff wasn't building relationship in South Florida like they should been doing in the first place. They acted like they where outsiders in South Florida.

Also to add to that Richt is getting on the super young kids too by attending all these parks. He's not just focusing on the guys that could be Canes in the next 3-4 yrs. He's recruiting and showing love to kids that could be Canes 5-10 yrs down the line by going to parks and watching these kids in pop warner and ****. Nobody else can do that and It will definitely pay dividends in the future.

As a kid growing up in Miami theres no way you're not going to be a Cane fan growing up if Richt and a few players visited you while in Pop Warner while they are winning games. Just winning would probably be enough to make these kids dream of being hurricanes. But winning AND actually showing up and showing them love when their young...they'll remember that the University of Miami did that when it comes time for them to choose a school.

planting seeds ... i like it a lot

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not sure if this has been posted [video=youtube_share;TkLe-00TKaM]https://youtu.be/TkLe-00TKaM[/video]

This kid comes off very humble and drama free. It's a breath of fresh air that he cares about academics as well. This guy right here could be the rumble that starts the Avalanche of elite recruits committing to us.

It sounds life LL has a very stable home base and very caring parents. Apparently this young man was raised properly and has had positive adults In his life growing up and that he has aspirations for good academics shows he is mature beyond his years. No wonder Richt made an influence on the young man. Kind of sounds like how Shaq was raised. Here's to hoping he has truly "shut it down".

Advertisement
Whatever happened to that guy who qualified this year? The one who secured these Lingard and his cousin as a packaged deal - has he committed anywhere?

Tweed's probably laughing at the relationship talk. He was saying the exact same thing a while back and was ridiculed. This thread should be funny to him. LOL

I wasn't trying to be a jerk by saying "this is funny", I just remember a few days ago people saying "what a circus this going to be" & "he will drag things out for the attention" and things of that nature. I laughed when I read those quotes because they were literally the exact opposite of what those people were saying.

AGAIN, "Tweed" had very little to do with his decision. He's a head strong kid that knew where he wanted to go for quite some time. He had some questions about certain things pertaining to the school, so he went and got the clarity he needed. It's really that simple.

I'm loving Lingard more and more. That kid seems like he has the maturity of someone in their 30's.
Look at what his cousin avantae Williams said about Gainesville today lol

https://twitter.com/erickmarrerou/status/830543332199759872

Anybody who has ever spent a day in jortsville knows their is nothing there for any type of entertainment, culture or alternative college culture. Those plantation house frat groupie parties get boring by mid first semester. Very astute that a freshman can see beyond the football fog to realize there is more to experience in life.

Shout out to Erick Marrero for those twiter pictures. Seeing Pope, Jobe, Vante Wms, Wiggins, Hall, Dent and Ivey throwing up The U was a beautiful thing. Trust me! This is what the in state and sec schools feared!

Advertisement
That area of the state has very little drama queens unlike the 305 and 954.

"His dad said it's shut down, so it's shut down."

I may be reading to much into this, but it sounds like pops doesn't play around which seems like that same principle has been instilled in Lorenzo.

My favorite quote of the entire article.

Advertisement
This is funny for many reasons.

Why be cryptic here instead of explaining what's so funny?

Probably because direct quotes from LL's coach threaten his status as a message board insider.

I'm not an insider at all. I just thought that it was funny what I read. I apologize if I said something that offended you.

Nope, it was my OP was ****ish and uncalled for. My bad, Tweed.

"It's shut down. Someone who works at Florida hit me up and asked me if they had a shot, and I told them it's over. His dad said it's shut down, so it's shut down. Miami doesn't have to worry about anything. I don't even think he will take visits. He told me once he commits, it's over with," Evans explained.

Love it to be true but I'm a skeptic. We'll see if he is an impressive young man of his word. And if his father has instilled honour in him.

Just read he is recruiting Canes. OK! I believe he is the real deal! A man of honour.

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to be a jerk by saying "this is funny", I just remember a few days ago people saying "what a circus this going to be" & "he will drag things out for the attention" and things of that nature. I laughed when I read those quotes because they were literally the exact opposite of what those people were saying.

AGAIN, "Tweed" had very little to do with his decision. He's a head strong kid that knew where he wanted to go for quite some time. He had some questions about certain things pertaining to the school, so he went and got the clarity he needed. It's really that simple.

I'll eat my crow, Tweed. When you see a 5-star RB who's coveted by FSU, Bama, Clemson, Miami, Ohio St., etc... you usually expect a roller coaster recruitment that goes down to the wire. I don't know the kid and didn't have any insight on his personality prior to his commitment other than the few tidbits you gave us. Glad I was wrong.

Advertisement
Back