Linebackers

Advertisement
I graded Steed with a B+. I thought he played really good for most of the game, I only had an issue with two plays. One was on Lingard 9 yard run up the middle then bounced outside. Steed was there to make the play and instead of hitting Lingard he hit the Offensive lineman and Lingard broke outside of him. He said he was trying to push the lineman into Lingard and force him to cut it back into Jennings but that was a terrible strategy by him. He should have just made the tackle on Lingard. That play would have been stopped for a 3-4 yard gain but instead gave up a first down I believe. The other was a short dump pass to Lingard on 3rd and long. Steed was in perfect position to crush Lingard and make the crowd go crazy but I stead of running through him he stopped and gathered falling for Lingard stutter step and ended up only making an arm tackle. Even though I rather him make the sure tackle than trying to go for a kill shot, I told him that he has to take those opportunities when they are available because those kill shots don’t come very often. Other than those two plays he was very solid and I am very proud with what I saw. Also glad with the minutes he played and no injuries!!!

Advertisement
I graded Steed with a B+. I thought he played really good for most of the game, I only had an issue with two plays. One was on Lingard 9 yard run up the middle then bounced outside. Steed was there to make the play and instead of hitting Lingard he hit the Offensive lineman and Lingard broke outside of him. He said he was trying to push the lineman into Lingard and force him to cut it back into Jennings but that was a terrible strategy by him. He should have just made the tackle on Lingard. That play would have been stopped for a 3-4 yard gain but instead gave up a first down I believe. The other was a short dump pass to Lingard on 3rd and long. Steed was in perfect position to crush Lingard and make the crowd go crazy but I stead of running through him he stopped and gathered falling for Lingard stutter step and ended up only making an arm tackle. Even though I rather him make the sure tackle than trying to go for a kill shot, I told him that he has to take those opportunities when they are available because those kill shots don’t come very often. Other than those two plays he was very solid and I am very proud with what I saw. Also glad with the minutes he played and no injuries!!!

This was the recap I was waiting on. Seems like #17 is right on schedule. He's just scratching the surface on his abilities. Scary to think what he's going to develope into in 3yrs. Teams are gonna need to game plan around him. Fast forward to September already...Congrats on his success.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
This was the recap I was waiting on. Seems like #17 is right on schedule. He's just scratching the surface on his abilities. Scary to think what he's going to develope into in 3yrs. Teams are gonna need to game plan around him. Fast forward to September already...Congrats on his success.

Go Canes!
Jennings was solid also. I really think him and Steed are going to be solid in the middle the more they get to work together. I’m not worried at all about depth in the middle. I am curious to see what role McCloud will play when he comes back because Derrick Smith was solid also.

Think Shaq stays for four unless he explodes to the first or second round. He's one of my favorite kids ever and he'll only leave for a lower round if he graduates.

pickney will grade out higher then shaq but pickney will be a round 3 and shaq round 4 .

I don't think either of them have shown that they can play in the NFL yet. Shaq can't get off blocks and does not make enough plays at or behind the LOS, Pickney can't cover anyone and also lacks lateral speed. Both of them will have to show major leaps this year if they want to play in the NFL. I think our LB's really hurt us last year.

Advertisement
This a rhetorical question but are you retarded?

im retarded for stating the truth? ah ok, both are GOATS and first rounders. god, you're still a cane fan still living in the past who thinks all the canes are GOATS, south florida is the best blah blah blah.

nothing shaq ha sshown shows me he is a top 3 round LB. hes not big, hes not fast, and he's pretty stiff.

unless he makes big leaps this year he looks to me like a mid round LB drafted.

If Shaq declares after this year, it will be proof we will never have enough experience to overcome the ceiling we currently have.

Advertisement
Jennings was solid also. I really think him and Steed are going to be solid in the middle the more they get to work together. I’m not worried at all about depth in the middle. I am curious to see what role McCloud will play when he comes back because Derrick Smith was solid also.

The 2 of them should be a great combo with Smith in the striker position. Our second level is not something that worries me at all. It might be easier for McCloud to get reps in the middle going forward. It's a nice problem to have. I'll take the talent logjam problem everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Kudos to Diaz and the small scheme tweak. It could win us a couple games.

Go Canes!

im retarded for stating the truth? ah ok, both are GOATS and first rounders. god, you're still a cane fan still living in the past who thinks all the canes are GOATS, south florida is the best blah blah blah.

nothing shaq ha sshown shows me he is a top 3 round LB. hes not big, hes not fast, and he's pretty stiff.

unless he makes big leaps this year he looks to me like a mid round LB drafted.

rhe·tor·i·cal
rəˈtôrək(ə)l/
(of a question) asked in order to produce an effect or to make a statement rather than to elicit information.

pinck is the way better LB, faster and makes plays. i dont know why people take offense to that here maybe because shaq dad posts here but the facts are the facts.

Shaq was 2nd team ACC last year. Nothing to hang his head about. I just think he has a ways to go.

Advertisement
Back