Linebackers for class of 2020

Advertisement
Will be interesting to see this Griffin Lampton's measurables in height and weight tomorrow as if he is close to what his listed size is he will be a DE most likely in a 4-3 defense or a LB in a 3-4. He has exceptional quickness and a frame to get much bigger.

Will be interesting to see this Griffin Lampton's measurables in height and weight tomorrow as if he is close to what his listed size is he will be a DE most likely in a 4-3 defense or a LB in a 3-4. He has exceptional quickness and a frame to get much bigger.
Man that guy is explosive off the line and relentless as he has so many plays where he is a disruptive force. If he get to 245-250 pounds look out.

My alma mater has a possible prospect in Ruben Hypollite Hollywood Mcarthur

Undersized but about 5'11 205 and runs sub 4.7

247 verified says he runs a 4.63 in the 40 and 4.40 shuttle, thats pretty good. I'm interested on how his senior year will go.

A sleeper prospect, Le'vontae Camiel from way out of Monticello Jefferson County transferred to Columbia Lake City the same school we was recruiting TJ Jones from.

He's 6'3 215lbs, long rangy kid with good speed, he had 85tcks 17TFL's & 14 sacks as a Sophomore, he's more of a pass rushing OLB/End than purely standup LB but I'd like to see how he would look at Sam Backer.

I like Machado, Hyppolite & Betty, my question with Machado is he seems more like a tweener DE than a true LB.

Wingo doesn't seem to have any real interest in us, he's not really a Broward kid though, he originally from Naples. Seider got him for PSU but I think Michigan & Oh St will be pushing for a flip throughout the season.

Another intriguing potential kid is Quitman Kincaid from Ocala, I posted on him back in January he's a Hybrid Safety/LB, good tackler as well.

2020 is a bit of a down year for in state LB's, 2021 is far better LB class, wouldn't be shocked if we go OOS for at least one of LB's in this class depending on how many we take.

If we do go OOS, I really like Tirek Austin-Cave from killa Camden.

Advertisement
The 3 guys I’ll put you on because I know you know about the Flowe brothers and the prospects we offered from Jersey and Carolina is this kid from Boston and 2 from Hawaii:

Plays RB and LB for Milton academy.

(This is from his sophmore year)

Plays for St. Louis High school (where Tua, his little brother, and Marcus played). Ran a lasered 4.8, lasered 4.32 shuttle, 38.5 Inch vert (best in class) and a 113.55 sparq rating (best in class).

Real hard to get a feel though. Not a lot of tape.

Same school. Ran a 4.88, 4.21 shuttle (best in class), 30.7 inch vert, and 106.95 sparq.

Milton Academy... kid must be a smart young man. Strong academics at that gym.

Mcallister
Nj kid (Austin-Cave)
Flowe
Sempeh
Mohan LB/striker
Hannah S/striker

Possibly Huggins and Washington and Williams (all from dade)

Others will emerge

I expect some portal help next year at this spot and also you guys are just going to hve to realize with all the safety and striker types both on the team and in this coming class we are just recruiting less traditional LB in general

Last edited:
Advertisement

A sleeper prospect, Le'vontae Camiel from way out of Monticello Jefferson County transferred to Columbia Lake City the same school we was recruiting TJ Jones from.

He's 6'3 215lbs, long rangy kid with good speed, he had 85tcks 17TFL's & 14 sacks as a Sophomore, he's more of a pass rushing OLB/End than purely standup LB but I'd like to see how he would look at Sam Backer.

I like Machado, Hyppolite & Betty, my question with Machado is he seems more like a tweener DE than a true LB.

Wingo doesn't seem to have any real interest in us, he's not really a Broward kid though, he originally from Naples. Seider got him for PSU but I think Michigan & Oh St will be pushing for a flip throughout the season.

Another intriguing potential kid is Quitman Kincaid from Ocala, I posted on him back in January he's a Hybrid Safety/LB, good tackler as well.

2020 is a bit of a down year for in state LB's, 2021 is far better LB class, wouldn't be shocked if we go OOS for at least one of LB's in this class depending on how many we take.

If we do go OOS, I really like Tirek Austin-Cave from killa Camden.

I really like that film of Camiel, that kid is fast how Manny likes em. Agreed on Tirek from Camden, that kids a good one as well.

Wisdom of crowds is a real thing. Would be wise for the people in charge of recruiting at the Hecht to pay attention.

I'm starting to think @Zbrod95 is Larry Blumstein's burner account.....

Advertisement
These are the guys who I Think are what a miami LB looks like
Derek Wingo
William Mohan
Ruben Hyppolite
Le'vontae Camiel
Tirek austin-cave
and obviously the top dogs like flowe.

Heres a kid from my alma mater from Richmond VA. Good size and solid in coverage. Just committed to Mack Brown and UNC.

Another kid I like is Mitchell Metlton. Plays at one the best programs in the country in MD. Only a 3 star now but has big time offers. He will be a riser during the next evaluation.

https://247sports.com/Player/Mitchell-Melton-46055245/

Looks like the LB from Wisky who owned us the last 2 bowl games.

Advertisement
johnny walker OLB from tampa who was just offered and is visiting

another tall and raw edge rushing tweener prospect... will prob end up as a DE tho. you can see the shades of rousseau, joyner, cam williams etc so it's easy to understand why the staff likes him.

johnny walker OLB from tampa who was just offered and is visiting

another tall and raw edge rushing tweener prospect... will prob end up as a DE tho. you can see the shades of rousseau, joyner, cam williams etc so it's easy to understand why the staff likes him.

Word is.... Ed Orgeron has been hitting up Johnny Walker pretty hard.

Advertisement
Back