Linebacker Recruiting

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
With a position opening there are a few possibilities here.

Thomas Davis has said he’s playing MLB this year at Lowndes. Maybe he is our MLB.

#1.
T Johnson
Davis
Troutman

then add Sapp as DE

Sounds like we are putting in work with Jaydon Hood. If we can flip him he’s the MLB of the future.

T Johnson
Hood
Troutman

There’s a chance that Chase Smith commits and he can be a Striker/OLB

T Johnson
Troutman
C Smith

I know it’s split on who wants Terrence Lewis. He’s a great talent but don’t think the team offered. He would be another option at OLB

T Johnson
Troutmam
T Lewis

I think that of all the options I like Hood at MLB the best.
If we can close with Taylor - Marshall - Hood - Elite QB I would be happy. I like Sapp but there’s a lot of great DE’s in 22’.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Thank you for your insight. I guess we'll see.

Sapp Taylor Marshall C.Smith Garcia M.Brown Yul Hood all players we are in play for right now that I would take over Davis. Not to mention next cycle is loaded and we have good depth at DE.

I’m ok with not taking another lb for this class.

For ‘22 that kid from Central has to be #1 on Miami’s board at the position right?

Advertisement
Advertisement
I also think Davis is Viper - he said that he’s playing MLB. I would rather have Hood and leave him there.
Just to clarify

I don't see how you look at Davis and question why the staff took his commitment... The dude has the speed, he's quick, and use his hands. He's good. The LB I want is the Northwestern Kid, Hood, or Smith. Basically guys who can move and won't be a liability in pass coverage.

Advertisement
I also think Davis is Viper - he said that he’s playing MLB. I would rather have Hood and leave him there.
Just to clarify
Yup. Similar to how we used Hill at times last year. Davis looks like he can grow into and handle that

I’m ok with not taking another lb for this class.

For ‘22 that kid from Central has to be #1 on Miami’s board at the position right?
This has been the problem with Miami recruiting for the last 15 years or so. We're perpetually always talking about grabbing recruits in the recruiting cycle two years out after whiffing on a glaring need (LB, DT and CB in particular). This year, the stars have aligned, absolutely no reason to be putting all our eggs in the '22 basket. We need to capitalize on our momentum and grab elite '21 recruits.

Then, we turn our attention to Wesley Bissainthe and crew for '22. The success of '21 will (hopefully) enable use to recruit at an elite level in 22 and 23.

With a position opening there are a few possibilities here.

Sounds like we are putting in work with Jaydon Hood. If we can flip him he’s the MLB of the future.

T Johnson
Hood
Troutman

There’s a chance that Chase Smith commits and he can be a Striker/OLB

T Johnson
Troutman
C Smith

I'd like a variation of #3

T Johnson
Troutman
Hood

C Smith (athlete)

I agree with everyone pounding the table that we need to find a way to get Chase in this class. Bring him in and figure out if he's a S, LB, Striker or even an offensive player. If Hood wants in, we need to figure out a way too. I think @gogeta4 said having James Williams and Chase on the field will give OCs nightmares and waking up in cold sweats trying to figure out how to match up.

Plus, I don't think Sapp's is dependent on any LB or S decisions. I would've thought if Sapp wanted in, Collins would have to bounce, but Cribby says that's no longer the case so I'm unsure what gives there.

Advertisement
Back