Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Of course. NCAA waivers are granted by the NCAA. Essentially what they are asking is to agree to the "position" that in the Miss. state game which Bama won 38-7, and Tua's brother was injured, Tualina came in at the end of the game "to take a knee to honor his brother". He took 2 knees to end the game. They can argue he wasn't a factor in the game, game was over, and the STAFF made a mistake by having him take the knee to end the game. Apparently Saban is on his side in the matter. Colossal ***** up by Saban.
So Saban might actually help us get QB. Who’d a thunk it

Advertisement
It wasn’t just QB1 - it was improvement. Yes TVD had to go. He was broken and so was the relationship. fresh start good for everyone. But if We wind up 8-9 wins with whoever our qb is and that doesn’t happen to come with somwone like jb we developed up to that, it’s a fail to me. Was supposed to be like hey we won 7 but it was really 8 if Mario took a knee, let alone TVD not blowing games - so to portal SHOULD have got us to at 10 win point of baseline success and I don’t see Tua jr doing that unless he makes improvements in his play that we’re not seen in his growth the last two years, whatever his fill year stats were

Right. We “were a QB away”… that means that this QB pick was to be that guy!

Not a warm body, the QB away for Miami to get over the mediocre hump…

You can’t claim it was all TVD, say we are a QB away and then run into this…

Advertisement

55 sec mark, how many times did we see TVD just sling it into the defenses arms? The ability to recognize, and reload and deliver in stride is something TVD didn't really do here. Contantly.

Taulias floor here is higher than at Maryland cause of our OL and supporting cast.

He indeed, is not a bad vet bridge QB to 2025.

Call me Billy Joel Armstrong cause I've come around...
Should’ve booked this guy in the 2023 awards
@JamesQuall

Tell Lebron James GIF

Advertisement
bc he’s physically limited and wasn’t very good last year despite everything. He’s got a weak arm too. I think browns ceiling is a lot higher bc he’s physically more gifted than Emory
Fair enough, I put more importance on accuracy and reading defenses. In those categories I think EW is more developed and closer to being effective. If both reach their maximum potential, JB gets the edge due to physical traits, but think EW is closer to that maximum at moment.

We need to accept we’re not getting the next Caleb Williams, Michael Penix, or Bo Nix. Tua 2 seems like a good bridge quarterback for 2024 season. I’m not comfortable going into next season with JB, Emory, and Judd as the quarterback room. The position needs experience. In my opinion.

Tua 2 isn’t the kind of quarterback I throw a seven figure NIL package at, but perhaps he’d be enticed by playing in South Beach with his older brother slinging the ball for the Dolphins. Would be a nice story too.

And to be honest, I wouldn’t mind Malachi Nelson as a second portal quarterback. He was good enough for Lincoln Riley to keep around for a year before signing with Southern Cal. Maybe he was overrated, but there must be something there. Again, not a large NIL package, but what are Nelson’s options at this point? Other posters have alluded off the field issues, mainly attitude and work ethic, but Mario can vet that easy. I believe he also has a shoulder issue that would need to be checked out.

The UNLV quarterback is also a good option to add to the quarterback room.

We’ll see...

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't see how anyone can look at our roster and our on the field product at qb the last few years and think this would be a bad option.

I think everyone got worked up over Cam and how big of a recruiting win it would be and is over reacting. ****, not many wanted the maiva kid and then people shift tune right when word gets out he's visiting USC.

Give me a qb who doesn't turn the ball over. We've seen what this team can do when we aren't beating ourselves.

Advertisement

55 sec mark, how many times did we see TVD just sling it into the defenses arms? The ability to recognize, and reload and deliver in stride is something TVD didn't really do here. Contantly.

Taulias floor here is higher than at Maryland cause of our OL and supporting cast.

He indeed, is not a bad vet bridge QB to 2025.

He is light years better than the Albany kid. I’ll be praying for that waiver to be approved.

We need to accept we’re not getting the next Caleb Williams, Michael Penix, or Bo Nix. Tua 2 seems like a good bridge quarterback for 2024 season. I’m not comfortable going into next season with JB, Emory, and Judd as the quarterback room. The position needs experience. In my opinion.

Tua 2 isn’t the kind of quarterback I throw a seven figure NIL package at, but perhaps he’d be enticed by playing in South Beach with his older brother slinging the ball for the Dolphins. Would be a nice story too.

And to be honest, I wouldn’t mind Malachi Nelson as a second portal quarterback. He was good enough for Lincoln Riley to keep around for a year before signing with Southern Cal. Maybe he was overrated, but there must be something there. Again, not a large NIL package, but what are Nelson’s options at this point? Other posters have alluded off the field issues, mainly attitude and work ethic, but Mario can vet that easy. I believe he also has a shoulder issue that would need to be checked out.

The UNLV quarterback is also a good option to add to the quarterback room.

We’ll see...
Actually, if we had taken Bo Nix a couple years ago the board would have been in open revolt and the whole country was clowning Oregon for betting on “Good Bo / Bad Bo”.

Penix was seen as an injury washout by a ton of people. Talented player but couldn’t stay healthy.

For all we know, Taulia or Cam or whatever is the next Nix, or Penix, or Hooker…all of whom the resident experts would have **** all over.

That’s what’s frustrating here. Just lock in one of these vets and let Dawson get to work. It might not work, but the odds are way better if they’re here for spring. Scheme matters SO MUCH here…there were a bunch of guys that could have been good here, even some of the ones that looked like dented cans, and Mario shouldn’t have gotten so up the *** of the one portal kid that has turned their recruitment into a high school drama.

Exactly. Some of the takes from this thread two years ago at this time and the reactions to certain posts are ******* WILD to look at.

Comments such as:

"Tell me how great he was against ISU and Kansas. TVD is light years better."
"Why is Williams clearly better? He can’t pass nearly as well as TVD; not even close. Williams passes like a high schooler. He is a dynamic runner but sooner or later that gets you destroyed; see Vick and every other “running QB” who reaches the league. So make your argument for why Williams Is clearly better."
"TVD is superior. Garcia is also superior."
"It makes no sense. TVD is a first rounder next year. There’s no way either of them sits."
"Just glad we have a quality QB happy with his $50k and keeps it moving."
I always pucker up when I see a bump 🤣.

Advertisement
Back