Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Advertisement
Advertisement
The difference is Taulia has exhausted all of his college eligibility, Jackson was only a JR.

While this is technically true, the same could be said for every single player who belatedly receives a decision on medical redshirt, which is only issued after eligibility expires.

We shall see. I wish the waiver would have been submitted earlier.

Well Ward is (or was) the consensus #1 QB in the portal.
Nah others were on some lists ahead they just were gone fast. But whatever tua fish still at best would be 8-10 on that list. Maybe 5-7 if Im drunk and just look at season stat totals and not year to year progression or record or performance vs relative competition

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s hard to see it happening. Tez Walker had a much better waiver case trying to gain immediate eligibility at UNC and he was denied multiple times before the NCAA finally gave in to all the (deservedly) horrible press they were getting.

It wasn't the "horrible press", since they were also getting **** for Darrell Jackson. The difference was that Tez Walker went to the NCAA in person to explain his mental condition and struggles, while Darrell Jackson did not do the same with his sick mother.

And, to be honest, Taulia's argument about 5 games in 2019 is not nearly as compelling IN THE EYES OF THE NCAA. This is an area where the NCAA literally cannot compromise on the rules if it ever hopes to enforce the redshirt rules in the future. Taulia would be better off arguing that the 2020 "COVID redshirt" can be applied to his 2021 year, allowing him to take his "regular redshirt" in 2020 when he only played in 4 games.

Nah others were on some lists ahead they just were gone fast. But whatever tua fish still at bat would be 8-10 on that list. Maybe 5-7 if Im drunk and just look at season stat totals and not year to year progression or record or performance vs relative competition

The reality is there are some that are unwilling to admit that the goal ending the season was QB1 and thus far that’s been a failure… they are doing their CIS thing where they are trying to position themselves to be “right” about something to come back and say I told you so…

No one is saying we won’t have a QB1, but even the supporters keep moving the calendar again: We have a QB, ESD, Christmas, NYs, Enrollment, Spring, Second Portal, Grad Transfer, Fall Camp, Meet the Team in Gainesville…

Mario must find one, so he’ll keep working at it: Cam may return, TuaLil may get his waiver, but this isn’t a strategy…it’s flailing in the water and hoping the Coast Guard comes through…

But he’ll land someone at some point at some price and we’ll hear “see you were impatient, trust the process” ….

Advertisement
With Williams we didn’t run a play in Clemson’s half until the 3rd quarter. He’s a year or two away from even being a potentially viable starter.
But jacurri is ready to start now? He can barely complete a forward pass

Advertisement
The reality is there are some that are unwilling to admit that the goal ending the season was QB1 and thus far that’s been a failure… they are doing their CIS thing where they are trying to position themselves to be “right” about something to come back and say I told you so…

No one is saying we won’t have a QB1, but even the supporters keep moving the calendar again: We have a QB, ESD, Christmas, NYs, Enrollment, Spring, Second Portal, Grad Transfer, Fall Camp, Meet the Team in Gainesville…

Mario must find one, so he’ll keep working at it: Cam may return, TuaLil may get his waiver, but this isn’t a strategy…it’s flailing in the water and hoping the Coast Guard comes through…

But he’ll land someone at some point at some price and we’ll hear “see you were impatient, trust the process” ….
It wasn’t just QB1 - it was improvement. Yes TVD had to go. He was broken and so was the relationship. fresh start good for everyone. But if We wind up 8-9 wins with whoever our qb is and that doesn’t happen to come with somwone like jb we developed up to that, it’s a fail to me. Was supposed to be like hey we won 7 but it was really 8 if Mario took a knee, let alone TVD not blowing games - so to portal SHOULD have got us to at 10 win point of baseline success and I don’t see Tua jr doing that unless he makes improvements in his play that we’re not seen in his growth the last two years, whatever his fill year stats were

It appears Maryland and Alabama are supportive of him. I assume it comes down to the NCAA?
Of course. NCAA waivers are granted by the NCAA. Essentially what they are asking is to agree to the "position" that in the Miss. state game which Bama won 38-7, and Tua's brother was injured, Tualina came in at the end of the game "to take a knee to honor his brother". He took 2 knees to end the game. They can argue he wasn't a factor in the game, game was over, and the STAFF made a mistake by having him take the knee to end the game. Apparently Saban is on his side in the matter. Colossal ***** up by Saban.

I figured it out. Baby tua is coming here so he can shake his brother down for offensive plays from Mike McDaniel and give them to us. Genius plan by Mario. Good growth from him. 3D backgammon vs checkers
1704569698951.jpeg

“TVD is better than Caleb Williams”

- this website

Exactly. Some of the takes from this thread two years ago at this time and the reactions to certain posts are ******* WILD to look at.

Comments such as:

"Tell me how great he was against ISU and Kansas. TVD is light years better."
"Why is Williams clearly better? He can’t pass nearly as well as TVD; not even close. Williams passes like a high schooler. He is a dynamic runner but sooner or later that gets you destroyed; see Vick and every other “running QB” who reaches the league. So make your argument for why Williams Is clearly better."
"TVD is superior. Garcia is also superior."
"It makes no sense. TVD is a first rounder next year. There’s no way either of them sits."
"Just glad we have a quality QB happy with his $50k and keeps it moving."

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back