Lil Tua now in transfer portal

Advertisement
id rather roll w Brown and develop him rather than Taulia. at some point, were gonna need to develop a QB.
Why Brown and not Williams? Williams beat Clemson and had us driving to tie FSU when he got hurt. Kid is discounted and Brown elevated in perception and I can’t figure out why based on on field performance.

Mario texting QBs “you up?”

Them just responding with a pic of TVD
1000039519.gif

Why Brown and not Williams? Williams beat Clemson and had us driving to tie FSU when he got hurt. Kid is discounted and Brown elevated in perception and I can’t figure out why based on on field performance.
With Williams we didn’t run a play in Clemson’s half until the 3rd quarter. He’s a year or two away from even being a potentially viable starter.

Advertisement
Because believing in something that may not happen, is easier than believing in any of the QB's Mario has recruited.

I don't know if it's going to happen or not. I'm hoping that it will happen. Because, as you note, the alternative is worse.

It’s January 6th.
And your point is? There’s two weeks left until the enrollment deadline. What viable options do see out there as plug and play qb options? And I don’t want to hear about the Spring window—especially when schools like Oregon have been able to land not 1 but 2 highly rated players at the position. We need our starter in place for Spring practice.

If Taulia enrolled at Miami for spring while awaiting word on his waiver, would he be able to practice with the team?
I don't believe so but nothing is stopping him from randomly showing up at a player run training session and working on things with the other QBs and WRs.

It’s January 6th.

OBM, there's no evidence to believe better options will emerge. We did really badly in the portal last season after this same time -- McCormick, Harrell, Lou Cristobal, Anthony Campbell, Jaden Davis, Richard, Allen, Cloyd and Burroughs. That's upper G5 / lower P5 material, gets you 5-8 wins a season. The year before we did pick up Mesidor and Porter late. But Porter was not good that season and all the other guys were JAGs.

So probabilistically, we're down to praying Taulia gets his waiver (and he actually wants to be a Cane) or the QB spot will be a massive liability all season.

Advertisement
And your point is? There’s two weeks left until the enrollment deadline. What viable options do see out there as plug and play qb options? And I don’t want to hear about the Spring window—especially when schools like Oregon have been able to land not 1 but 2 highly rated players at the position. We need our starter in place for Spring practice.

Ok and if the enrollment deadline passes and we don’t have a kid enrolled who will play next year I’ll voice my disapproval as well. Loudly, as it’ll be deserved. But it’s January 6th. Y’all did the same **** all summer with HS recruiting. The literal exact same thing. And what did the adults in the room say? Let **** play out. There’s nothing wrong with saying what you said. But people have hundreds of posts just saying the same thing over and over and over in a much more effeminate manner. Let’s talk candidates, let’s talk pros and cons of those kids, let’s talk available kids as they come open and possibly go back to their school or someone else, but my god the sky is falling **** is nauseating. Again, this board was absolutely embarrassing all summer. And I think we wound up ok. Let the coaches do their jobs and when the dust settles we can evaluate the job they did. Not completely brainless speculation of what’s going on as they’re doing the job.

IMO Taulia gets the waiver. The NCAA is caving to basically everything at this point. But we’ll see.

It’s hard to see it happening. Tez Walker had a much better waiver case trying to gain immediate eligibility at UNC and he was denied multiple times before the NCAA finally gave in to all the (deservedly) horrible press they were getting.

Exactly why because NCAA will get bad press here, especially with a high profile player and family

Advertisement
Ok and if the enrollment deadline passes and we don’t have a kid enrolled who will play next year I’ll voice my disapproval as well. Loudly, as it’ll be deserved. But it’s January 6th. Y’all did the same **** all summer with HS recruiting. The literal exact same thing. And what did the adults in the room say? Let **** play out. There’s nothing wrong with saying what you said. But people have hundreds of posts just saying the same thing over and over and over in a much more effeminate manner. Let’s talk candidates, let’s talk pros and cons of those kids, let’s talk available kids as they come open and possibly go back to their school or someone else, but my god the sky is falling **** is nauseating. Again, this board was absolutely embarrassing all summer. And I think we wound up ok. Let the coaches do their jobs and when the dust settles we can evaluate the job they did. Not completely brainless speculation of what’s going on as they’re doing the job.

IMO Taulia gets the waiver. The NCAA is caving to basically everything at this point. But we’ll see.
How you managed to avoid even a 1B is a story for the ages.

OBM, there's no evidence to believe better options will emerge. We did really badly in the portal last season after this same time -- McCormick, Harrell, Lou Cristobal, Anthony Campbell, Jaden Davis, Richard, Allen, Cloyd and Burroughs. That's upper G5 / lower P5 material, gets you 5-8 wins a season. The year before we did pick up Mesidor and Porter late. But Porter was not good that season and all the other guys were JAGs.

So probabilistically, we're down to praying Taulia gets his waiver (and he actually wants to be a Cane) or the QB spot will be a massive liability all season.
Javion Cohen
Matt Lee
Branson Deen

Advertisement
Philip rivers was an 8 time Pro Bowl QB who kept the chargers relevant for 15 years. With Tua the Dolphins are a guaranteed 10-12 win team every year as long as he remains healthy. For a franchise that was stuck in mediocrity for the better part of 20 years I would say that's a massive improvement.
Finally someone who actually knows what he’s talking about instead of resorting to childish name calling. Bravo!

Because believing in something that may not happen, is easier than believing in any of the QB's Mario has recruited.

The longer it’s a potential reality, the more the blame will shift from Mario to the NCAA… One of his defenders will come in with some “insider” voice of the Hecht bull**** that is impossible to rebuff and it’ll be CIS lore…

Exactly our 3 best portal transfers committed in December.

How you managed to avoid even a 1B is a story for the ages.

Perhaps his missed this thread

We may end up with a QB1, but we swung and missed and are in scramble mode…

Advertisement
Back