Which Johnson?With all due respect, I'd rather see Johnson on kickoffs and punt returns than sacrificing Toney on special teams lol!
Which Johnson?With all due respect, I'd rather see Johnson on kickoffs and punt returns than sacrificing Toney on special teams lol!
That’s the only explanation. The whole notion of him being too stiff (which he is somewhat) and not being ready to play college ball strained credulity to me.Cantwell is very likely battling an injury that the coaches clearly do not want to exacerbate by playing him from scrimmage. I'm fairly certain given his performance this Spring from people who saw him in person. If Cantwell was 100% he would have gone in at RT. That's my take on the situation but then again, what the phukk do I know?I keep seeing all these posts of how Cantwell’s technique is garbage and how far away he is. Where was all this talk in the spring when he was stonewalling Wilson and being touted as a freshman all American?
Truth is he’s a Tackle and more specifically, he’s way more comfortable on the left side. But, Samson is our best lineman and we’re not going to **** with that. So yes, he’s not comfortable at RT and he’s not a guard. So, he has to stay the course and he’ll get his flowers
meaning it wasnt anything in that game that was the reason hes out for the year is what I meant
Not sure why people are surprised they cantwell may not be ready yet. When you think about the class of football competition he was playing against in high school. It’s very much like what Samson went through, even if he’s a bigger physical specimen with even greater upside.That’s the only explanation. The whole notion of him being too stiff (which he is somewhat) and not being ready to play college ball strained credulity to me.
This was a kid who got here in mid December, got good reviews from practice and then later - as you said - did well as our stating LT only to completely disappear during the season. Either he’s been banged up or he feels really out of place at guard. Even if it was the latter, I would have expected him to show out a little better.
His whole trajectory has been really weird.
BlockRun
Catch
Block
He Runs well. He catches (and runs after catch) by far the best in our room.
Only dummies value Blocking at even 30% of the job.
Secondly you have entirely been overlooking actual pass blocking by our elite pass blockers and significantly overrating 1 failed attempt by Pringle to pass block. He allowed 2 pressures last year.
Almost like Pringle started multiple games for us.... crazyBlock
Run
Catch
that’s the Mario Cristobal Way and it seems to be working out pretty good for us. But again, if you want to continue to spew your nonsense about why a running back like Pringle should be starting over Fletcher or Mallory who are number one, better than him and also block, then by all means, have at it our village idiot. What you don’t know about football, books could be written about. Smh
He’s on an incredible pace right now, 5 sacks in 5 games. Only played 1 full game vs wakeHe’s fine. Sucks because he would have had another 2 sacks yesterday.
don’t put words in my mouth too make yourself feel better . Was I stated is factual dip****Yes Brashard Smith and Chris Johnson held us back for 20 years plus. Great observation genius![]()
I know we got better as a team…Because we've gotten better as team. No more TVD at qb and crappy defenses lol
We aren't creating explosive runs. And, to be clear, I think our OL and run game has improved every game this year and is becoming an efficient operation. But, we aren't creating explosive runs.I don’t see a single problem with our run game so far, my friend. So, if you wanna start playing in our run game, I would suggest learning how to block.
Had the same issue last year until the post season as you noted. We need diversify our run game and run more out of the pistol and get the outside zone game going. Even some misdirection would be welcomed like short yard td run fletcher had verse IndianaWe aren't creating explosive runs. And, to be clear, I think our OL and run game has improved every game this year and is becoming an efficient operation. But, we aren't creating explosive runs.
Against our 4 FBS opponents, we have just 3 runs of 20+ yards.
- Marty Brown 32 yards against WF
- CWH 35 yards in garbage time against CMU
- Mensah 34 yards against Clemson
Brown is out for the year. CWH may never get a non-garbage time offensive snap here. Mensah's was a scramble.
We had the same issue last year until Fletcher went beast mode in multiple playoff games. In 2024 we were pretty elite at creating explosive runs, since then we have really struggled:
View attachment 375017
View attachment 375018
View attachment 375019
Given enough opportunities Fletcher will get a long run or two as the season goes on. Mallory could too. But, I think we should keep giving Pringle and Lyle chances, because our offense levels up bigtime if we are a legit threat to be explosive in the run game again.