Lightfoot Injury?

That’s what I’m saying, only a family member would continue to go out on a limb for this kid over and over when the reality of the fact that he can’t block is staring him dead in the eyes. It’s mind-boggling and the only thing I could think is that he must be a family member because other than that, it’s pure insanity.
Family member, close personal friend or someone eager to stir up ****. Bet on the latter.
 
I keep seeing all these posts of how Cantwell’s technique is garbage and how far away he is. Where was all this talk in the spring when he was stonewalling Wilson and being touted as a freshman all American?

Truth is he’s a Tackle and more specifically, he’s way more comfortable on the left side. But, Samson is our best lineman and we’re not going to **** with that. So yes, he’s not comfortable at RT and he’s not a guard. So, he has to stay the course and he’ll get his flowers
Cantwell is very likely battling an injury that the coaches clearly do not want to exacerbate by playing him from scrimmage. I'm fairly certain given his performance this Spring from people who saw him in person. If Cantwell was 100% he would have gone in at RT. That's my take on the situation but then again, what the phukk do I know?
 
Bro what they have done with Cantwell has made literally zero sense unless we all just accept the Staff prioritizes McCoy as our most important Olineman and all decisions stem from there. Once we do that it can add up. Because McCoy is the one they defaulted to starting over Samson at LG all last season. He immediately moved to RT and never was in question he'd be a tackle. (and imo last yr and this yr Samson has been and will be better than him). So from the staffs view, McCoy is THE OT. If Cantwell was ready he'd be at LT and Samson at LG.

That's the only thing I think make sense with their decision making - which I still think has been dumb as ****.

Why Cantwell hasn't been getting Reps behind McCoy (or imo forced fed reps at OT with mcCoy at OG against FAMU+CMU!).... man
Cantwell needs a LOT of work before he gets thrown in there.His technique is crap and he stands straight up which makes him very easy to move.

The competition he played against in HS sucked and he just manhandled people with his strength.Can’t do that now.

Kid will be fine with help but right now I think they’re real reluctant to throw him in there and get Mensah killed…..JMO of why he’s not playing much.He's far from ready.
This makes sense but it’s curious all the hype he had when he was playing LT in spring. Never heard about how much of a project and how he would need time at that point. D$ had him as the best OL in the ACC by mid season and now he’s not even a top 7 OL on the team. Curious to what happened for him to fall off that hard.
 
I don't post here often but I know someone connected to Lightfoot and he will definitely be back for FSU. Came out of the game with a minor elbow injury but did not come back in due to another injury I have not seen anyone publicly mention so I would prefer not to provide the details out of respect to my friend.
failed concussion protocol, he'll be good for FSU
Seems like an elbow injury plus a concussion. Would be huge if he doesn’t miss time.
 
Good to know the two plays in the 4th qtr that everyone points too but not everyone is privy to insider, important information where he was favoring his upper body, that the injury had already taken place on the sideline or in locker room or during the previous week of practice, or after the game, on Sunday, or even Monday following the game, prior to his season ending status on Tuesday following all or some of the above, before or after his first quarter touchdown.
D money already hinted at what happened to Moore.
What did he say?
 
Has any of our players ever worn the Guardian Cap during a game. I don't think I have ever seen anyone, but could be wrong. I am sure some teams mandate it for a game or two if there is a previous head injury or failed concussion protocol in earlier weeks. Just wondering.
 
Has any of our players ever worn the Guardian Cap during a game. I don't think I have ever seen anyone, but could be wrong. I am sure some teams mandate it for a game or two if there is a previous head injury or failed concussion protocol in earlier weeks. Just wondering.
I recall seeing it, but as Isit here today don't remember who, or what side of the ball.
 
Cantwell is very likely battling an injury that the coaches clearly do not want to exacerbate by playing him from scrimmage. I'm fairly certain given his performance this Spring from people who saw him in person. If Cantwell was 100% he would have gone in at RT. That's my take on the situation but then again, what the phukk do I know?
He played last weekend, no? He porsted a on twitter about being one the highest graded freshman via pFF for week4
 
does anybody know cantwell to have played right tackle? It’s not madden. You can’t just switch from left to right tackle everything is different. If he cross trained left tackle and guard and never played right tackle it would make no sense for him to be inserted at RT he would fail.
 
does anybody know cantwell to have played right tackle? It’s not madden. You can’t just switch from left to right tackle everything is different. If he cross trained left tackle and guard and never played right tackle it would make no sense for him to be inserted at RT he would fail.
Has anyone ever known Cantwell to have played RG up until they experimented with that? The point wasn’t to insert him at RT. It was to previously run the experiments there.
 
Even if it’s true that Pringle isn’t a good blocker, a good OC should still be able to find ways to utilize his speed/explosiveness and get him into space where he can create some big plays. This isn’t some scrub that’s done nothing on the college level, he made some big plays for us last season. And we convinced him to come back after he entered the portal last season, so obviously we wanted him back. Which all ads up to a situation that doesn’t make a whole lot of sense.
I don’t see a single problem with our run game so far, my friend. So, if you wanna start playing in our run game, I would suggest learning how to block.
 
This makes no sense. Has anyone ever known Cantwell to have played RG up until they experimented with that? The point wasn’t to insert him at RT. It was to previously run the experiments there.
I don’t know. There are insiders on this site who very well may have known that cantwell has been played at guard. That is why I asked the question. With regard to the experiment I agree earlier in the year I never understood why they weren’t developing a swing tackle and said as much when they were messing around with cantwell at guard. But right now there are a lot of posts on the board that act like they should’ve just put cantwell in at rt when McCoy got hurt and for all we know he has never played that position at Miami.
 
Back
Top