LIFW

Advertisement
Advertisement
Right right right. And I know what you mean by that but just if you could clarify a little bit so I can make sure you know what you mean by that.
Few are selling. Even fewer buying. It doesn't even register on the radar of traders right now, short or long term.

Few are selling. Even fewer buying. It doesn't even register on the radar of traders right now, short or long term.
homer simpson doctor GIF

Right right right. And I know what you mean by that but just if you could clarify a little bit so I can make sure you know what you mean by that.

It means a couple of things.

First, when "float" and "volume" are low, then there is not much trading, and the few trades that DO happen have a disproportionate impact. Also, the stock price can linger at a particular price level, thus seeming to "confirm" that this is the correct valuation of the stock. Essentially, low float and low volume put you in quicksand.

Second, a lot of people tend to think that "buying the stock" can be beneficial for the company, when it's really not. The company does not receive any more money, only the investor that you buy the stock from gets the money. Perhaps you could argue in favor of the "indirect" benefit that a rising stock price has on the company, but this is not really comparable to "a bunch of nerds get together and buy GameStop stock to **** with the institutional investors who shorted it" territory.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
For real. She gave up a multimillion dollar contract that was guaranteed, easy money for as long as she wanted it. I presume she can always get back into that industry but she has to be questioning herself now.
she can't if she's in jail

Advertisement
Back