LIFW

False information
The Miami Herald will do everything it can to make sure.

From the article: "The university did not respond to multiple requests for comment about its relationship with Ruiz"

Seems like UM is doing a fine job of that all on their own. I mean, could you be any more on brand, UM? Of course they didn't respond.

Miami is doing what they always do - let others define the narrative and sit passively by as they 'operate in silence.'

I don't feel sorry for UM if they do get a black eye from this, they need to learn a lesson and they had a chance to make their own case but they choose to say nothing. Which is their right, but then others will decide how the university ends up looking after this.

Advertisement
From the article: "The university did not respond to multiple requests for comment about its relationship with Ruiz"

Seems like UM is doing a fine job of that all on their own. I mean, could you be any more on brand, UM? Of course they didn't respond.

Miami is doing what they always do - let others define the narrative and sit passively by as they 'operate in silence.'

I don't feel sorry for UM if they do get a black eye from this, they need to learn a lesson and they had a chance to make their own case but they choose to say nothing. Which is their right, but then others will decide how the university ends up looking after this.
So not providing a comment is an indicator of guilt? Did Yale teach you that?

It's not a great PR day for the University, but with competent AD leadership and message control, Miami will be fine.

Why? Because this has little, if anything to do with the University itself. Plenty of publicly traded companies go under, and plenty of those founders donate to causes, or hire spokespeople. For us that saw through Ruiz relatively early, and found him to be offputting, none of this is shocking, but let's keep it 100. The NCAA can't really do anything. If a publicly traded company goes under, you can't sue employees for something unless they engaged in an overt fraudulent manner. Going after TVD or Pack would be like someone from the NBA going after Michael Jordan when Worldcom went under.

Advertisement
Miami is not officially associated with Ruiz, Ruiz makes private NIL deals with student athletes.

Theres nothing the university can and should do.
All the A Noles have been doing is bragging about what a dumpster fire we are with the same BS that’s been cried about for years. I truly hope we get this right because I’m tired of those morons!

So let me get this straight. UM athletes got paid, Ruiz never missed a payment to them, and now he's obviously dealing with some business turmoil and media and people on this board trying to act like anyone other than Ruiz and LW are crooks and fraudulent? I hoped LW would have performed better but welcome to business. We haven't heard one peep about his NIL deals being an issue so why do people care so much?
Same reason these hoe *** dudes care about anything being negatively stated about us. They take joy in being able to say I told you so. Because everyone has a positive opinion about them etc. Only difference is no one gives two ***** about when **** hits the fans for them.

I don’t think the powers that be care about our opinions whether they cross into being biased to make us look good or to **** on us.

I don’t see why any Cane would bolster the enemy regardless.
If the powers that be don’t care about our opinions, how does anything we say bolster the enemy?

Advertisement

Lol christ

Shut up Nancy

1690757909108.gif

Ever since Frenk took over, Miami has given off these weird Soviet vibes... everything is hush hush, everything is quiet, nothing is transparent. Like what are you running here, a university or a meth lab? That's my biggest complaint. Let's have some **** transparency and just tell it like it is. They always act like they're trying to hide something. I liked Ruiz because he was easy to understand and always told it like it is. He was willing to take risks to get ahead.

I don't know a **** thing about the Miami Connection and I have zero trust that they'll get us competitive or back to where we want to be, I did have that trust in Ruiz because he always let you know.

Just remember, before Ruiz we had big doners saying things like "E before the W." Do we have any reason to believe that the Miami Collective isn't full of a bunch of "E before W" types operating in secret so fans like me can't complain? I don't have any reason to think differently.

What has all of this "moving in silence" gotten us? 5-7, and 20 years of mediocre, that's what. I don't trust Miami admin even a little bit. They haven't earned it. When they move in secret I just assume they are failing and covering it up. I don't, by default, think they're up to anything useful. Because they haven't demonstrated that this moving in silence **** actually does anything beneficial.

I mean...I gotta be honest...

I can't argue with a single thing you said...

Although maybe UM broke bad and we are running a university AND a meth lab???

Has anyone walked around the Cox Science Center lately? That building HAS NO WINDOWS!

🤣

I think it's pretty evident that in today's world it is important for any institution to actively manage their reputation by getting in front of news events.

And although you asked sarcastically and out of envy for where I went to school, the answer is actually "yes."

Yale did teach us that. We were taught to pre-empt media narratives and were advised to have a social media team that responds preemptively to rumors and media releases. If someone from my graduating class were running UM, we would have responded by social media as soon as the rumors of LIFW problems started to surface (which was months ago) and we certainly would have provided comment to the Herald in an attempt to shape the narrative favorabily to UM.

Advertisement
I get confused sometimes reading posts here..... People want Ruiz to quiet down and stay out of the limelight whereas UM itself stays out of the limelight but people want UM to be more vocal??? Is that right???
Is that not contradictive???

I think it's pretty evident that in today's world it is important for any institution to actively manage their reputation by getting in front of news events.

And although you asked sarcastically and out of envy for where I went to school, the answer is actually "yes."

Yale did teach us that. We were taught to pre-empt media narratives and were advised to have a social media team that responds preemptively to rumors and media releases. If someone from my graduating class were running UM, we would have responded by social media as soon as the rumors of LIFW problems started to surface (which was months ago) and we certainly would have provided comment to the Herald in an attempt to shape the narrative favorabily to UM.
As if the school has control over alumni.

I mean...I gotta be honest...

I can't argue with a single thing you said...

Although maybe UM broke bad and we are running a university AND a meth lab???

Has anyone walked around the Cox Science Center lately? That building HAS NO WINDOWS!

🤣

I think you're on to something there. Cox is definitely where the bodies are buried.

Advertisement
I get confused sometimes reading posts here..... People want Ruiz to quiet down and stay out of the limelight whereas UM itself stays out of the limelight but people want UM to be more vocal??? Is that right???
Is that not contradictive???

Different people want different things. I don't want Ruiz to quiet down, I don't want any of our NIL people to be wallflowers. I think part of winning the NIL game is building a brand around it, which means the more attention we can get the better.

That said, obviously the most important part of NIL is having the biggest and best offers. That goes without saying. But building a brand out of it gets you interest and gets people wanting to check out your school - I believe that.

At the same time, I want UM itself to be more active in the public space. Speak up, don't shy away.

So pretty much, I want everyone around UM to be far more out there and public. I'm not telling anyone to quiet down, totally the opposite.

Advertisement
Back