LIFW

This is a shame, IMO. One thing that drives me nuts about the way the university of miami operates is everything has to be done in **** secret. At some point somebody over there needs to realize that it's OK to promote yourself, in fact it's helpful to do so. Build a brand.

Life Wallet is a brand. John Ruiz tweeting about NIL deals helped Miami get visibility with recruits but somehow it offended the wine and cheese crowd, I don't know. Nobody's ever heard of the Miami Connection or whatever they're called... that collective. We have no idea how competitive they are vs our rivals' collectives, because everything's a **** state secret when it comes to the University of Miami and the way they do things.

That's what happens when you let the lawyers and bureaucrats run your business I guess.

IMO Life Wallet, in the form it took last year with the tweets and all, was Miami's best shot in 30 years of getting back to what we were. I think the reason we got all of those 5* DT's and DE's to visit this summer was because of the brand built by Ruiz and Life Wallet and kids wanting to see what's up.

Wouldn't surprise me if Miami told Ruiz to cool it with the tweets because they didn't like the attention, and Ruiz is like "ok in that case **** off." Wouldn't surpise me at all. Miami admin would rather lose quietly than win loudly. That's my impression of them.

UM really needs a strong president who can knock some heads around and get things accomplished. Everything coming out of Miami lately has been so **** passive and beta, it's annoying as ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
This is a shame, IMO. One thing that drives me nuts about the way the university of miami operates is everything has to be done in **** secret. At some point somebody over there needs to realize that it's OK to promote yourself, in fact it's helpful to do so. Build a brand.

Life Wallet is a brand. John Ruiz tweeting about NIL deals helped Miami get visibility with recruits but somehow it offended the wine and cheese crowd, I don't know. Nobody's ever heard of the Miami Connection or whatever they're called... that collective. We have no idea how competitive they are vs our rivals' collectives, because everything's a **** state secret when it comes to the University of Miami and the way they do things.

That's what happens when you let the lawyers and bureaucrats run your business I guess.

IMO Life Wallet, in the form it took last year with the tweets and all, was Miami's best shot in 30 years of getting back to what we were. I think the reason we got all of those 5* DT's and DE's to visit this summer was because of the brand built by Ruiz and Life Wallet and kids wanting to see what's up.

Wouldn't surprise me if Miami told Ruiz to cool it with the tweets because they didn't like the attention, and Ruiz is like "ok in that case **** off." Wouldn't surpise me at all. Miami admin would rather lose quietly than win loudly. That's my impression of them.

UM really needs a strong president who can knock some heads around and get things accomplished. Everything coming out of Miami lately has been so **** passive and beta, it's annoying as ****.
huh? UM told him to shut his mouth bc he drew unwanted NCAA attention Among other things.

Ruiz has his own issues and has to hope there is no evidence of fraud when the investigation is complete. at the end of the day, UM did the right thing by moving away from Ruiz and funneling a lot of their NIL deals through the collective vs in the hands of a guy who may end up in jail

If you believe LW is worth 3.4 billion, I don't know what to tell you. You missed the story. It's basically worthless at this point.
They can do a reverse split and try to sell it for a few hundred million.But yeah nowhere near that 3.4B.

huh? UM told him to shut his mouth bc he drew unwanted NCAA attention Among other things.

Ruiz has his own issues and has to hope there is no evidence of fraud when the investigation is complete. at the end of the day, UM did the right thing by moving away from Ruiz and funneling a lot of their NIL deals through the collective vs in the hands of a guy who may end up in jail

Ever since Frenk took over, Miami has given off these weird Soviet vibes... everything is hush hush, everything is quiet, nothing is transparent. Like what are you running here, a university or a meth lab? That's my biggest complaint. Let's have some **** transparency and just tell it like it is. They always act like they're trying to hide something. I liked Ruiz because he was easy to understand and always told it like it is. He was willing to take risks to get ahead.

I don't know a **** thing about the Miami Connection and I have zero trust that they'll get us competitive or back to where we want to be, I did have that trust in Ruiz because he always let you know.

Just remember, before Ruiz we had big doners saying things like "E before the W." Do we have any reason to believe that the Miami Collective isn't full of a bunch of "E before W" types operating in secret so fans like me can't complain? I don't have any reason to think differently.

What has all of this "moving in silence" gotten us? 5-7, and 20 years of mediocre, that's what. I don't trust Miami admin even a little bit. They haven't earned it. When they move in secret I just assume they are failing and covering it up. I don't, by default, think they're up to anything useful. Because they haven't demonstrated that this moving in silence **** actually does anything beneficial.

Ever since Frenk took over, Miami has given off these weird Soviet vibes... everything is hush hush, everything is quiet, nothing is transparent. Like what are you running here, a university or a meth lab? That's my biggest complaint. Let's have some **** transparency and just tell it like it is. They always act like they're trying to hide something. I liked Ruiz because he was easy to understand and always told it like it is. He was willing to take risks to get ahead.

I don't know a **** thing about the Miami Connection and I have zero trust that they'll get us competitive or back to where we want to be, I did have that trust in Ruiz because he always let you know.

Just remember, before Ruiz we had big doners saying things like "E before the W." Do we have any reason to believe that the Miami Collective isn't full of a bunch of "E before W" types operating in secret so fans like me can't complain? I don't have any reason to think differently.

What has all of this "moving in silence" gotten us? 5-7, and 20 years of mediocre, that's what. I don't trust Miami admin even a little bit. They haven't earned it. When they move in secret I just assume they are failing and covering it up. I don't, by default, think they're up to anything useful. Because they haven't demonstrated that this moving in silence **** actually does anything beneficial.
frenk is a moron nad has been a horrible president.

the canes connection is an alumni funded NIL group. there is a reason every major university started collectives with NIL funding rather than rely on a single businessman.

you have trust in ruiz? he may end up getting charged with fraud and is currently under or at least reportedly under an FBI investigation. yeah hard pass.

there are much bigger donors than ruiz that just keep to themselves bc they dont want or need it. do you hear the Soffers announcing **** and they have their name on a building and own all of Aventura

Advertisement
frenk is a moron nad has been a horrible president.

the canes connection is an alumni funded NIL group. there is a reason every major university started collectives with NIL funding rather than rely on a single businessman.

you have trust in ruiz? he may end up getting charged with fraud and is currently under or at least reportedly under an FBI investigation. yeah hard pass.

there are much bigger donors than ruiz that just keep to themselves bc they dont want or need it. do you hear the Soffers announcing **** and they have their name on a building and own all of Aventura

Call it whatever you want. "Canes Connection" is currently failing badly. Right now our class is outside the top 15 and below FSU and UF.

Move in silence all you want, but then you'll be judged on the facts that are available. And the facts that I stated are the only ones we know - the collective isn't getting it done to Ruiz's level.

Fact is when it was Ruiz, we landed a top 10 class and had a ton of recruiting momentum. This Canes Connection isn't meeting that bar.

I guess keep on failing in silence then. It's been working out well for the past 20 years.

Call it whatever you want. "Canes Connection" is currently failing badly. Right now our class is outside the top 15 and below FSU and UF.

Move in silence all you want, but then you'll be judged on the facts that are available. And the facts that I stated are the only ones we know - the collective isn't getting it done to Ruiz's level.

Fact is when it was Ruiz, we landed a top 10 class and had a ton of recruiting momentum. This Canes Connection isn't meeting that bar.

I guess keep on failing in silence then. It's been working out well for the past 20 years.
so you think ruiz was the one who did the entire class last year? he wasn't. he was one of multiple donors. he wasn't even our largest. he was just the loudest bc its miami and he played the stereotypical miami new money shtick to a tee

so you think ruiz was the one who did the entire class last year? he wasn't. he was one of multiple donors. he wasn't even our largest. he was just the loudest bc its miami and he played the stereotypical miami new money shtick to a tee

Well if there's a bigger donor than Ruiz out there who wants credit for their contributions, tweet something. These people CHOOSE to move in silence, and so I'm actually respecting their choice by not giving them any credit for their contribution.

Advertisement
I was such a conundrum for many Canes. On one hand he was helping the Canes with NIL on the other hand it was painfully obvious the likelihood of where we are at now was the likeliest of all outcomes.
Yeah, Shapiro at one point early on was "helping the Canes" too. Until he wasn't.

When I first read about Ruiz I said that he'd be the subject of the next Corben "documentary" in about 3 years time. That timetable may be moving up.

Yeah, Shapiro at one point early on was "helping the Canes" too. Until he wasn't.

When I first read about Ruiz I said that he'd be the subject of the next Corben "documentary" in about 3 years time. That timetable may be moving up.
The difference is that the university was smart enough to keep its distance.

I think the worst thing is the perception. Some recruits might automatically lower Miami in their perception because they now think Miami will be a second or third tier NIL school, even if that is not the reality.
How might this affect conference realignment and the Canes place in that? Sure won't help us with the B1G.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back