LIFW

Advertisement
You don’t know what I was willing or not willing to do.

You can’t hide your hatred of the program - it’s obvious. Nobody says they’re not making mistakes, nor that they not have made mistakes in the past. That’s not the point though, is it? There is no perfect entity - everyone makes mistakes. Including your conflating of hiring practices with what’s going on now. It’s just all the same hate mixed in for you.

Your point is to constantly **** on the program at every opportunity. And nobody’s trying to suppress you, you can keep spewing your hate all you want. But don’t expect not to get called out on it. You just don’t like anybody disagreeing with your ****wad attitude.

That @CFLCane character has been a hater and a mope for a while now. We just need to make a list and be honest about it. Maybe we can't ban the hateful mopes, but we can **** sure call them out.

Time for @Andrew and @DMoney to incorporate a new business entity called CanesInHate.com . Set up a new website. Charge them $125 for ad-free. They'll be happier there, they can be "brutally honest" and "brilliantly analytic" and they can enjoy their "First Amendment rights" without any bothersome Miami fans to spoil their hate parties.

And CanesInHate.com can have "The Town Hall" too.

Last edited:
the fact that CS is reporting that UM wasn't blindsided tells everything you need to know. hes a possible scam artist and they knew it. like I said, as long as the promised money has been collected up front but id refuse to do any further business from him

Stop it. Miami was not blindsided by the shift in NIL money. Many of us knew it and have talked about it. There was a big meeting A YEAR AGO to get Canes Collective to take over the lion's share of NIL, and that was long before any financial statement deadlines were missed.

Everyone knew this is the direction Miami was taking with NIL, to move it away from one big individual to many, many alums organized by a collective.

That doesn't mean UM knew anything about whether LifeWallet would succeed or fail.

Stop it. Miami was not blindsided by the shift in NIL money. Many of us knew it and have talked about it. There was a big meeting A YEAR AGO to get Canes Collective to take over the lion's share of NIL, and that was long before any financial statement deadlines were missed.

Everyone knew this is the direction Miami was taking with NIL, to move it away from one big individual to many, many alums organized by a collective.

That doesn't mean UM knew anything about whether LifeWallet would succeed or fail.

where did I say UM was blindsided? I literally said UM wasn't blindsided. what exactly are you telling me stop?

Advertisement
Personal attacks
That @CFLCane characterhas been a hater and a mope for a while now. We just need to make a list and be honest about it. Maybe we can't ban the hateful mopes, but we can **** sure call them out.

Time for @Andrew and @DMoney to incorporate a new business entity called CanesInHate.com . Set up a new website. Charge them $125 for ad-free. They'll be happier there, they can be "brutally honest" and "brilliantly analytic" and they can enjoy their "First Amendment rights" without any bothersome Miami fans to spoil their hate parties.

Lol @ begging mods for a safe space. Grow up dude.

where did I say UM was blindsided? I literally said UM wasn't blindsided. what exactly are you telling me stop?

I worded it poorly, but let me try to sidestep the double/triple negatives.

UM was already trying to reduce reliance on Mr. Ruiz for NIL, having NOTHING to do with knowing or possibly knowing that LifeWallet had any problems.

That was a shorter and cleaner version of what I was trying to say.

Last edited:
Lol @ begging mods for a safe space. Grow up dude.

Hilarious. I was trying to provide YOU with a safe space.

And clearly you've never read this fantastic Jonathan Swift book...

1690747112703.png

I worded it poorly, but let me try to sidestep the double/triple negatives.

UM was already trying to reduce reliance on Mr. Ruiz for NIL, having NOTHING to do with knowing or possibly knowning that LifeWallet had any problems.

That was a shorter and cleaner version of what I was trying to say.
I agree. imo, LIFW was a bust from the beginning (now I didnt think he would do anything fraudulent but I thought the actual idea of it and business was a bust). hopefully he didnt commit any crimes in trying to go public, but this is one instance where I wish he didnt try to be UMs unofficial mascot for a year bc it just puts the school into a negative light when it has no control nor anything to do with what ruiz does

Advertisement
Life still had $3.4B of assets on its balance sheet. I like how that was just glossed over.

Everything else mentioned in that article is peanuts compared to that

If you believe LW is worth 3.4 billion, I don't know what to tell you. You missed the story. It's basically worthless at this point.

If you believe LW is worth 3.4 billion, I don't know what to tell you. You missed the story. It's basically worthless at this point.

He didn't say that.

He said LW has $3.4 billion of assets on the books right now. That's not nothing. That's not "basically worthless".

I don't care if the STOCK PRICE goes to zero. In theory, the company can then sell off the assets. I have no idea whether they would get $3.4 billion for them, but they also won't get $0 for them. And whatever those assets can be sold for would be converted into cash that can be distributed to shareholders.

This is just a common misunderstanding that people have when then see low stock prices, and assume a company is "worthless". Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't.

But LifeWallet has assets on the books. What those assets are TRULY worth, I don't pretend to know.

Last edited:
He didn't say that.

He said LW has $3.4 billion of assets on the books right now. That's not nothing. That's not "basically worthless".

I don't care if the STOCK PRICE goes to zero. In theory, the company can then sell off the assets. I have no idea whether they would bet $3.4 billion for them, but they also won't get $0 for them. And whatever those assets can be sold for would be converted into cash that can be distributed to shareholders.

This is just a common misunderstanding that people have when then see low stock prices, and assume a company is "worthless". Maybe it is, and maybe it isn't.

But LifeWallet has assets on the books. What those assets are TRULY worth, I don't pretend to know.
The jig is up

Advertisement
Oh, I understand that. I'd say he'd be lucky to get pennies on the dollar for those supposed assets. That's if he could get anything as he hasn't shown to be profitable yet.

Advertisement
Oh, I understand that. I'd say he'd be lucky to get pennies on the dollar for those supposed assets. That's if he could get anything as he hasn't shown to be profitable yet.

As gently as possible...

I would point out that the concept of running a profitable business is DIFFERENT from whether the underlying assets (which are legal claims to be filed) have any value. Those assets might be worth 60 cents on the dollar, they might be worth 40 cents on the dollar. But the valuation of the assets can be very different from what the "LifeWallet business model" is worth.

This is why SOMETIMES a business can be sold for "parts" (the assets) and be worth more than the business itself.

That @CFLCane character has been a hater and a mope for a while now. We just need to make a list and be honest about it. Maybe we can't ban the hateful mopes, but we can **** sure call them out.

Folks need to be vigilant & call the haters.

Agreed but it ultimately is a reflection on UM to a certain degree.

I'm just over the school getting **** on by local media and nothing being done about it between Lebatard, Billy Corben, Barry Jackson, and others.

It doesn't happen at other big programs and if it does they get punished (UGA)
Our fanbase needs to adopt the same ideals and start putting money toward a more favorable local and web-based media.

I'm not even talking UGA-level here, I'm talking big pharma opioid level marketing.
When was the last time our local hacks wrote a hit piece on UIF or FSU? What a complete sham these ****ers are.

Advertisement
Back