LIFW

It would be interesting to know what percentage of UM's NIL cash that Ruiz has funded thus far, compared with all others.

90%? 80%
I highly doubt he funded 80-90% of NIL. I would not be surprised if it were 40-50% of last years NIL but I suspect there are a lot more that are funding it that are much quieter than he is.

Advertisement
Look, the company he took public has never made money and he PERSONALLY has managed to fund both the operating losses of his company AND his NIL commitments to UM, along with other's who are participating in the NIL program. Nothing to see here .... his "public company P&L" has nothing to do with HIS ability to fund NIL commitments.

Show Me The Money GIF

I highly doubt he funded 80-90% of NIL. I would not be surprised if it were 40-50% of last years NIL but I suspect there are a lot more that are funding it that are much quieter than he is.
I'm sticking with my 80-90% until proven wrong. Why would other donors stay silent? No reason to. Don't have to be as "loud" as Ruiz but ... your're marketing something ostensibly using the NIL of the athlete.

I'm sticking with my 80-90% until proven wrong. Why would other donors stay silent? No reason to. Don't have to be as "loud" as Ruiz but ... your're marketing something ostensibly using the NIL of the athlete.
That's flawed logic. Who said they were silent? Do you know every company that sponsors your favorite basketball team, golfer, F1, NASCAR driver, etc?

Just because you don't know about a sponsor does not mean they don't exist. Also, saying "until proven wrong" is just being obtuse. We won't ever see a comprehensive list of NIL funders, donors, etc.

Advertisement

This is what I do not get with these other NIL deals. What are they?

@TheOriginalCane will get on my case but being close to Columbus, I see Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet signing players and doing events with them. I see their Collective setting up events for their fans. Even OSU sold 500 tickets for $30 each for first two practices for fan interaction.

What are the other deals for Miami players? I tend to believe I keep up with news but rarely see anything..

@TheOriginalCane will get on my case but being close to Columbus, I see Mark Wahlberg Chevrolet signing players and doing events with them. I see their Collective setting up events for their fans. Even OSU sold 500 tickets for $30 each for first two practices for fan interaction.

What are the other deals for Miami players? I tend to believe I keep up with news but rarely see anything..
Even with Life Wallet, were these players appearing in local ads for Ruiz's product, doing personal appearances, etc? What exactly was he getting for his money?

Depends on which deal it is.

The LIFW deals for NIL were very specific, they've filmed commercials and things for LifeWallet.

The "Collective" deals likely require other things. So, for instance (and this is a COMPLETE hypothetical, though an "informed hypothetical"), if a player does an NIL deal with a corporation that might not do as many commercials as LifeWallet does, he/she might be required to do some corporate events, like show up at a year-end banquet, etc. Or maybe sign some things that can be auctioned at a company event as a fund-raiser. Stuff like that. Not a huge time commitment.

Advertisement
Advertisement
OCCC with the epic fail here. Correcting message board grammar.

He did redeem himself with this blast though:

Happy Big Brother GIF by MOODMAN

Sorry, *******, I wasn’t correcting his grammar, just emphasizing the whole “we’re” broke stupidity. Had nothing to do with grammar. But you’re such a ****y little ***** that you had to jump in and create your own mongoloid epic fail. Nice going, frisco boy toy.

I’m sticking with you’re a wife beater until proven wrong. And I actually have a basis for this, anybody that lives in or near Columbus, Ohio is by definition a low rent wife beater.

Advertisement

No question there's more NIL support but he's a big enough part that every good player across multiple sports has/d a deal with LIFW. It will hurt plenty before we consider the optics and negative attention he draws.

Advertisement
Back