Life of JJ Weaver 2019 DE

Advertisement
He reminds me of Chad Thomas. May be more twitchier...Chad had more length

With out depth issues on the DL do you think him and blissett come in as sde just for depth? Then eventually one or both move inside ? Neither will be close to ready for playing inside.

If don’t go juco or transfer they’ll be a mess on the dL.

With out depth issues on the DL do you think him and blissett come in as sde just for depth? Then eventually one or both move inside ? Neither will be close to ready for playing inside.

I think Blissett will end up inside. But he'll need to red-shirt.

Both players remind me of Bethel coming out. Blissett is just 15 pounds heavier and Weaver 15 pounds lighter. Blissett is gonna be 275 coming out of HS and he'll play quite a bit day 1 if he enrolls early (idk if he is). If not he might be a rotational guy that plays his 4 games and takes the RS.

Weaver is gonna be a DE the entire way. Doubt he ever moves inside except on pass rushing situations similar to Chad Thomas and D Jax.

Bethel got stuck in the middle of these 2 guys as far as his frame. He's not a fit for a true DT or DE. He would have more success in a 3-4 as an end if he can make it to the league.

I think Blissett will end up inside. But he'll need to red-shirt.
Both players remind me of Bethel coming out. Blissett is just 15 pounds heavier and Weaver 15 pounds lighter. Blissett is gonna be 275 coming out of HS and he'll play quite a bit day 1 if he enrolls early (idk if he is). If not he might be a rotational guy that plays his 4 games and takes the RS.

Weaver is gonna be a DE the entire way. Doubt he ever moves inside except on pass rushing situations similar to Chad Thomas and D Jax.

Bethel got stuck in the middle of these 2 guys as far as his frame. He's not a fit for a true DT or DE. He would have more success in a 3-4 as an end if he can make it to the league.

I think both could play inside or out but Blissett is definitely a three technique. I see Weaver more of a hybrid type, but sde could be where he spends majority of his time.

At their size both could help at sde early on because the depth is so bad. They’re too small for dt as Fr but could log some time at de.

Advertisement

No way Blisset is an end here. Were literally recruiting 200-210 pd ends like Bogle. Blisset is 270+ right now. I think they need a Juco or transfer MOST DEFINATELY. Dont see anyone that will produce like Willis...and expect Martin to be gone..so you lose like 3 guys. IIf we land Ingraham...i think he may be one of the only uys ready to eat early reps on the dline.

Blissett right now has a bigger lower body than Bethel. Which is why i didnt think Bethel would move inside..but he gained the weight to be able to..but if you ever saw him in person he has skinny lower body. Blissett is a kid that will get up to near 300 pds here on his frame

No way Blisset is an end here. Were literally recruiting 200-210 pd ends like Bogle. Blisset is 270+ right now. I think they need a Juco or transfer MOST DEFINATELY. Dont see anyone that will produce like Willis...and expect Martin to be gone..so you lose like 3 guys. IIf we land Ingraham...i think he may be one of the only uys ready to eat early reps on the dline.
we need elite dts badly

Blissett right now has a bigger lower body than Bethel. Which is why i didnt think Bethel would move inside..but he gained the weight to be able to..but if you ever saw him in person he has skinny lower body. Blissett is a kid that will get up to near 300 pds here on his frame
Gerald Willis type frame and athleticism. I’d say that’s his ceiling. Not saying he’s gonna be as good as Willis but very similar type player

Advertisement
I agree with go that DT needs a juco body in here for next year until nesta and others are ready. Have to get a grown man in there who is hungry and looking for tape for the NFL

Weaver is gonna look great in rotation next year at DE

Wilfort just CB him to Kentucky

I told y’all his mother doesn’t want him back down here that’s why he’s in Kentucky now. That OV next weekend is crucial CMR has to win her over & Kentucky actually being good(rare) isn’t helping. I’ll talk to my boy who’s a coach for another team in Louisville and see if he’s heard anything new.

I told y’all his mother doesn’t want him back down here that’s why he’s in Kentucky now. That OV next weekend is crucial CMR has to win her over & Kentucky actually being good(rare) isn’t helping. I’ll talk to my boy who’s a coach for another team in Louisville and see if he’s heard anything new.
This would suck because he's the most talented pure de we're after but I can understand if she isn't comfortable with him here ans let's be real ain't **** to do in Kentucky so let's hope CMR can pull this off

Advertisement
Kentucky? We’ve really struggled going head to head with them for recruits. We should bring him in one weekend with Keontra and let Jarren host them.

Advertisement
This is where CMR makes his living, mom's love him

Wiltfong:

I flipped my forecast from Purdue to Kentucky for the 6-foot-6, 240-pound Weaver who after talking to a source appears to be trending that way. Miami is another interesting program in Weaver's recruitment but I like the Wildcats as it stands today.

Advertisement
Back