Levi Jones

Advertisement
That was whack. You just had one kid from that school do things the right way and then this kid gets up and makes a mockery of the announcement process. It's what's wrong with media coverage of these kids.

That was whack. You just had one kid from that school do things the right way and then this kid gets up and makes a mockery of the announcement process. It's what's wrong with media coverage of these kids.

I didn't know the announcement process was a holy ritual. Let the kids have some fun. And any troll job at FSU and UF is much appreciated.

Advertisement
Didnt see it, but it sucks that this is what "we" fans have to get pumped about on NSD! HS kids spurning the Canes rivals to pick someone other than Miami!

Yeah call me old fashioned but that announcement was crap. There is a way to have fun and have the spotlight without ****ing on programs where the staff just spent 2 years cultivating a relationship with you and your family.

He's highly overrated and plays like a punk. Great specimen but recklessly freelances, and when the chips are down he punks out (got thrown out of their game against their cross-town rival for taking repeated cheap shots after they started getting blown out). I was kind of hoping he ended up at FSU as I think it would've been one of those teaser deals where a guy is just good enough to keep a spot but always a liability, too.

Yeah call me old fashioned but that announcement was crap. There is a way to have fun and have the spotlight without ****ing on programs where the staff just spent 2 years cultivating a relationship with you and your family.

Kinda like how these programs **** on the kids for the next 3-4 years making millions off them
While they maybe get a free lunch on Sunday?

Advertisement

I didn't know the announcement process was a holy ritual. Let the kids have some fun. And any troll job at FSU and UF is much appreciated.

It's not a "holy ritual", but it is something that these coaches work hard for and put a lot of time and effort into. These kids have every right to go out and have their moment. But when your moment includes the ridicule or embarrassment of people who have put the effort into recruiting you, finding out about you, investing in you, we as the adults around these kids have a responsibility to show them the way to conduct themselves. Conducting yourself with class and grace is something that should never be frowned upon.

But, if you believe it's tolerable to promote young people having their moment by pretending to pick a school and then picking another school, then I won't argue with you. I'll just disagree and keep it moving.

Kinda like how these programs **** on the kids for the next 3-4 years making millions off them
While they maybe get a free lunch on Sunday?

Your example though shouldnt dictate on how a kid chooses to disrespect the other programs during his day in the sun. Your example is an NCAA issue. Its not a position/head coaches fault that the system is the way it is. They are the ones going on the road all the time and putting in the work to build relationships with the kid/family/High School coach etc.

They do get a free education by the way, but Im still all for some sharing of the revenue. These kids work hard year round.

Again, call me old fashioned but I prefer the announcement his teammate made before him. Humble and hungry.

You probably wouldnt be saying that if our staff put in years of effort recruiting him and woke up this morning thinking you had a chance to ink him as a Cane. Or maybe you woould? Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Advertisement

It's not a "holy ritual", but it is something that these coaches work hard for and put a lot of time and effort into. These kids have every right to go out and have their moment. But when your moment includes the ridicule or embarrassment of people who have put the effort into recruiting you, finding out about you, investing in you, we as the adults around these kids have a responsibility to show them the way to conduct themselves. Conducting yourself with class and grace is something that should never be frowned upon.

But, if you believe it's tolerable to promote young people having their moment by pretending to pick a school and then picking another school, then I won't argue with you. I'll just disagree and keep it moving.

I can live with your argument. I'll stilll agree to disagree but I see where you're coming from.

I will say, 99% of the time these kids inform all the schools of their decision beforehand. So if that's handled well (which I don't know but I'm assuming) then I'm definitely okay with the kids doing whatever they want and having fun. It's a big moment for them.

Go Canes

On these boards - It's really not what these kids do, it's who they do it to

If he had done Miami like that, he'd be an immature punk

Since he did it to FSU & UF, it was great.

I think it's disrespectful no matter what school a kid does something like that to, but these are 17-18 year old kids. To expect them to all be mature & professional is ridiculous. It's gonna happen.

I fully enjoyed it, I bet they both were cheering, **** em

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
You probably wouldnt be saying that if our staff put in years of effort recruiting him and woke up this morning thinking you had a chance to ink him as a Cane.

no. *******. SHlT.

Well thats my point. You are taking it personal based on the jersey and like the act based on who he did or didnt diss. I was talking about the act itself. I love watching signing day and watching these kids pick their college live. I just didnt care for the way this diva did it. Of course I cant stand FSU and the Gators hahaha Ive got the outline from 25 year old holes in the walls and ceiling in the house I grew up from when FSU made a great play and I got ****ed that were spackled over.

Advertisement
Back