Letter From Flake About The ACC

Glad I'm not the only not fully satisfied. From a PR standpoint this has been handled poorly.
I don't necessarily want to hear that you are working behind the scenes when your brand is taking big hits.
Always get in front of the story, right? And that ship has sailed.

Yup.

Though I still think the part about the ACC admitting errors, especially on Duke's last drive, is worth pumping out there. This play will come up forever and we're still close enough to influence the narrative, if even a little. This matters, given the basis for everyone's *****ing all week. They can't pretend like this isn't the same **** they're talking about.

Advertisement
Glad I'm not the only not fully satisfied. From a PR standpoint this has been handled poorly.
I don't necessarily want to hear that you are working behind the scenes when your brand is taking big hits.

I'd agree to a certain extent but you're better off considering this a move in the right direction post-Shalala relating to Flake's demeanor and assertiveness. I would disagree that our brand is taking a hit though. If anything an on-field controversy where we are viewed as the villains only strengthens our brand.

I really believe Blake has said and done all the right things since Donna left.

Great porst

cis.jpg

ACC should have acknowledged PUBLICALLY that other mistakes were made which impacted the game. to remain silent isn't right.

After thinking about this a bit more, I'm sorta ****ed.

So the ACC has "notified" Miami that "multiple incorrect calls" impacting the 'Canes occurred during the game, "including a pass interference call on the final drive." Okay.

Has the ACC "notified" the public, too? Because either it hasn't, despite its FORMAL OFFICIAL acknowledgment of suspending the officials in connection with the FINAL PLAY ONLY (resulting in the petty anti-Miami outrage for the past week). Or it's out there but the media has ignored it because it doesn't fit the narrative. Either way, what a crock of BS.

If it's not happening already, won't some of you Twitter peeps pump this everywhere...at least the part about the ACC owning up to multiple incorrect calls including PI on the final drive. I know this is dying down now, and part of me things whatever IDK what people think, but wtf it should be out there to even the narrative out a bit.

Advertisement
i just don't know how you offer Marketing or PR degrees with a straight face when you can't seem to do it very well for yourself.
Forgive me for not giving James any credit but it is because it feels like too little too late.

Isn't there an ACC rule in place that coaches cannot criticize refs ? If so then why wasn't Cutliffe
censured ????

Flake still thinks the fans are fools. What kind of milquetoast explanation was that? Where's the public statement by the ACC holding Miami blameless?

Again, Miami did not officiate the game! Miami did nothing wrong! The ACC needs to say that loud and clear.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Come out and blast ESPN Blake...

I wrote him this week asking him to be a Cane and tell everyone to stuff it. Guess he went a different way. But administration has never backed the team up when criticized. At least they didn't pile on didn't pile on like Sam and Foote after the Pearl Harbor and UT game. I would like a press release like: "We won. Stop crying."

While BJ has been largely useless, I can't fault him for this one. If he had said anything else, there would have been a(n even larger) **** storm of controversy regarding al's job. While we as fans wouldn't have minded al taking even more heat, BJ shouldn't be doing anything to distract the team or coaches from winning.

Advertisement
I really believe Blake has said and done all the right things since Donna left.

Great porst

View attachment 33452

THIS. Didn't the BOT have to force Blake to can Golden? If it had been left up to him, Golden would have presided over yet another *** kicking by Duke upon us and there would have never been the "miracle" return and a much needed injection of passion, hope, and old school Miami defiance.

And he considers the case closed?? The **** it is. Demand a public acknowledgment of the ref's other mistakes in a manner just as loud and visible as the suspension announcement. And insist that ESPN have their talking heads discuss it on the air, not just repost some article by the AP on their website, tucked away somewhere!

Last edited:
Butch Hiring Day is 21 away

Still looking? Searching? Wandering aimlessly in the desert of CORCHES?

I must be looking for something
Something sacred I lost
But the river is wide
And it's too hard to cross

And even though I know the river is wide
I walk down every evening and I stand on the shore
And try to cross to the opposite side
So I can finally find out what I've been looking for

I don't know why I go walking at night
But now I'm tired and I don't want to walk anymore
I hope it doesn't take the rest of my life
Until I find what it is that I've been looking for

In the middle of the night
I go walking in my sleep
Through the jungle of doubt
To a river so deep

[video=youtube;hSq4B_zHqPM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSq4B_zHqPM&list=PLb7YSwrGOyBRt2F1u0rln7M_ tYNquuTnw[/video]

EXACTLY.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back