Let's talk about these midweek bullpen games

Allabouttheu95

stay home on gamedays Mario
If Dimare doesn't dump this immediately were in trouble. Has proven to be completely ineffective thus far. This is just our first midweek loss but I can say with certainty that if Dimare doesn't dump this idea and start Keysor in midweek games we are in grave danger of dropping enough midweek games to not make a regional with our schedule.

We can't hit worth a **** so you better put your true #4 as the midweek starter or this season is going to get ugly really quick.

Advertisement
Could not agree more. This Johnny All-Staff system is just not working and frankly never understood it. I like the idea of having a 4th starter for two reasons. The 1st it grooms the kid to be ready to step in (and you see if he can) and be a weekend starter in the future and 2nd if needed the kid is ready for those 4 game regionals like last season. Just my 2 cents

Could not agree more. This Johnny All-Staff system is just not working and frankly never understood it. I like the idea of having a 4th starter for two reasons. The 1st it grooms the kid to be ready to step in (and you see if he can) and be a weekend starter in the future and 2nd if needed the kid is ready for those 4 game regionals like last season. Just my 2 cents
This was my fear when Keysor was in bullpen to start the year. If we make post season play, he will be desperately needed as our #4.

If anything, start Keysor against the FAU, FIU, UCF's of the world and let the freshamn get a spot start against the lower end mid week teams.

Way too much margin of error throwing 4 guys (most of them freshman) in midweek games

Y’all are out here making too much sense on a Thursday morning. Which is why I’m sure the committee approach will continue. After all, it’s Hurricanes athletics. Logic and sense need not apply

Advertisement
Better or worse then 3 the last years of his career?
I say worse. Haven't seen him make one manager decision that has stood out as a brilliant move in a year and a half of managing. That's outrageous considering I can think of 20 horrible decisions.

Probably need to sweep Pitt this weekend to stay in the top 10. FAU has a lot of talent on the team and they were at home.

A 2-2 week and we will drop significantly. Hopefully Pizza Sauce and Fat JD will learn how to march out the bull pin when needed this weekend.

Also, Arteaga doesn’t get any criticism on this board. I know he wanted the manager spot and is a little bitter. At least coach out your contract with some passion and head over to FIU afterward.

Advertisement
Also, Arteaga doesn’t get any criticism on this board. I know he wanted the manager spot and is a little bitter. At least coach out your contract with some passion and head over to FIU afterward.
I don't think he has any say what so ever. No way these boneheaded bullpen decisions would be happening if he called the shots. That's my opinion at least.

Gino is trying to baby these freshman arms. I think we got some talent there but this 2 innings and done **** is not the way to go. Keysor needed to be last nights starter, FAU is not a bad team and for all his arm talent McFarlane is a lot like Slade in that he does not know how to pitch, he just "throws". I say it over and over every pitcher on the staff should be forced to watch BVBs film, that kid knows how to pitch a game/setup batters/etc.

Gino is trying to baby these freshman arms. I think we got some talent there but this 2 innings and done **** is not the way to go. Keysor needed to be last nights starter, FAU is not a bad team and for all his arm talent McFarlane is a lot like Slade in that he does not know how to pitch, he just "throws". I say it over and over every pitcher on the staff should be forced to watch BVBs film, that kid knows how to pitch a game/setup batters/etc.

I think Slade would be a very good closer. He has electric stuff, but by the 5th inning, he tends to lose it.

I think Slade would be a very good closer. He has electric stuff, but by the 5th inning, he tends to lose it.

Maybe, like you say he has immense arm talent but he does not setup batters and 95 mph isn't **** to good college hitter if it's fat. I still think he probably is the best pro prospect arm on the team, just needs to learn how to pitch a game, not only rely on arm talent alone.

Advertisement
Doesn't Arteaga call the pitches? If so, then BVB is just throwing what is called.

Doesn't Arteaga call the pitches? If so, then BVB is just throwing what is called.
I have no clue if he calls every pitch for BVB, but I do KNOW BVB executes his pitches better than CMac and Slade. He has a feel to his game. CMac and Slade seem to me to just try to get guys out on arm talent alone. That make sense champ?

Jay-dee-arty-agah is signaling in every pitch. Slade has trouble reading his wristband. Probably needs glasses.

Advertisement
Jay-dee-arty-agah is signaling in every pitch. Slade has trouble reading his wristband. Probably needs glasses.
LMAO!!!!!!!! The wrist bands are HORRIBLE, look like some **** you would give 6th graders in lower league division.

Slade?

Image result for charlie sheen wild thing

I have no clue if he calls every pitch for BVB, but I do KNOW BVB executes his pitches better than CMac and Slade. He has a feel to his game. CMac and Slade seem to me to just try to get guys out on arm talent alone. That make sense champ?

No it makes sense. And I agree with you on what you said.

Advertisement
Back