Lets take a look at our WR for 2012

We really need someone to step up like Hankerson and Streeter have the past 2 seasons. Hurns and Dorsetts development this off season will be huge as well. Everyone better stay away from injuries as well.

Thanks for the jinx. Every time someone says we can't afford any injuries at X position we can look forward to a bunch of extremities being injured.

We can't afford injuries at any position. Now you can blame my jinx when we suck next year, and we most assuredly will.

Advertisement
Here I am, thinking that with the talent we have coming in, and considering that a typical wide receiver can make catches, that we were not loaded at WR, but compared to other positions, we were looking pretty good.

Comparitively speaking.

Then I come to this thread, and with all the doom and gloom, I'm about ready to shoot myself just to avoid all the darkness.

BS.

We'll be fine at WR.

We'll hopefully play to our strengths, and WR doesn't bother me as much as our defensive backfield.

I'm not really worried much about our quarterback position - as I probably should be.

Here I am, thinking that with the talent we have coming in, and considering that a typical wide receiver can make catches, that we were not loaded at WR, but compared to other positions, we were looking pretty good.

Comparitively speaking.

Then I come to this thread, and with all the doom and gloom, I'm about ready to shoot myself just to avoid all the darkness.

BS.

We'll be fine at WR.

We'll hopefully play to our strengths, and WR doesn't bother me as much as our defensive backfield.

I'm not really worried much about our quarterback position - as I probably should be.

Allen Hurns is our #1 and Dorsett is our #2 and you expect people to be thrilled about that? We just lost the majority of our production. I get that those young guys have promise, but come on, theres a difference between doom and gloom and be realistic.

Comparitively speaking.

BS.

We'll be fine at WR.

Allen Hurns is our #1 and Dorsett is our #2 and you expect people to be thrilled about that? We just lost the majority of our production. I get that those young guys have promise, but come on, theres a difference between doom and gloom and be realistic.

dorsett should never be a #1 or 2 option. he should be a slot reciever all the way, but will be jumped up to #1 or 2 at some point this season because he is our only option at this point.

Advertisement
I'm sorry, but I don't believe for a damned minute that our freshmen - across the board - aren't going to step up and perform.

The only thing that will prevent them from playing like sophomores or juniors - is if they aren't expected to. Everyone keeps speaking in terms of right now. Hey, development is fluid, a non-constant, a continually evolving process.

I keep hearing about our limitations. What we can't do.

In thirty days, one can increase any kid's IQ by ten points. Even better, that kid will have significantly faster reaction times, a much faster thought processing time, and increased quickness of reflexes. Even better, any bone break, joint damaged, tissue cut, torn ligament, or torn tissue can be fully restored to pre-injury condition in two weeks. Oh. And one doesn't have to worry about catching colds or the flu either.

Every element of science says that's impossible, that it can't be done.

BS.

It can.

Just like these youngsters can step up and perform like veterans.

I'm not worried bout wr, at least we a legitimate producer coming back in Hurns and Dorsett got valuable experience this yr he also runs in the 4.4 range so to say he can't stretch the field off of 14 catches is pretty silly. U get two freshman to come in and contribute and we're str8 at WR.

CB is where we should truly be worried. When McGee is ur most productive CB coming back u have issues.

Now that we have added Lockhart, if he sticks of course, he could immediatly contribute and would probably be the best receiver we bring in.

Where are we finally?

I read somewhere that both Scott and Hurns had surgeries? So that leaves Dorsett and Thompkins? WTF? Is Lockhart on campus yet? Dude needs to get here asap. We can't run a 4 wide set in Spring. That's ridiculous.

Then D'Mauri, Lewis, Jontavius, Angelo (if he clears clearinghouse). We need to keep Jenkins as a Safety. Have to figure all 4 of the freshmen contribute at some point. I don't think we can shirt any of them. I hope that the 4 freshman are some of the hardest working kids College Football has ever seen or we are going to have to run the Denver Broncos offense...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back