Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

That sounds cool as ****. What an experience? Their is nothing like the experience of the ocean. Of course, if it plays out right the meal afterwards. Maybe we'll get a Mississippi mudfish experience and how grandma cooked it. I'm not a big catfish fan but I know from my visits to Biloxi that momma probably made a delicious dish....

Lol; interesting enough....b/c I ate catfish so much during those family trips, and w my parents being from Mississippi, they always had catfish cooking........

My guy, I fcking HATE catfish! Lol. It literally makes me sick even seeing it b/c I ate it dang near 3-4 days out the week. Lol.

Advertisement
Lol; interesting enough....b/c I ate catfish so much during those family trips, and w my parents being from Mississippi, they always had catfish cooking........

My guy, I fcking HATE catfish! Lol. It literally makes me sick even seeing it b/c I ate it dang near 3-4 days out the week. Lol.
As a kid in Cape Coral, eating salt water catfish was commonplace. I hated it. It's a big part of the reason I didn't want to eat fish at all until I was an adult.

I was always told throw that **** back. But i know it's a staple of southern homes...

As a kid in Cape Coral, eating salt water catfish was commonplace. I hated it. It's a big part of the reason I didn't want to eat fish at all until I was an adult.
Those sea cats in estero bay are as slimy as the ladyfish...

I was always told throw that **** back. But i know it's a staple of southern homes...
Blackened catfish is really good. I don't understand how people can complain about catfish and then eat tilapia. It has the taste and texture of library paste.

Advertisement
Blackened catfish is really good. I don't understand how people can complain about catfish and then eat tilapia. It has the taste and texture of library paste.
I don't come near freshwater fish. My pallet doesn't except it...

83DC1EB3-7727-40C2-AF34-7D470F7FAA5A.jpeg

Couple weeks ago in BGP— Hooked 17, jumped 12, boated 7 in 3.5 hours of fishing.

This thread makes me miss my old house on the Dania cut-off canal. I used to pick up a couple dozen live shrimp after work and wait for the tide to start coming in or going out. I'd just toss the lines out and leave the bail open a bit so the current could take the shrimp down the canal. Then just set the rods in the rod holders and drink beer until one of them bent over. Caught a ton of mangrove snappers and quite a few nice snook just sitting in my yard. Once I get my outboard put back together again, I'll have to break out the rods and tackle box.

Advertisement
This thread makes me miss my old house on the Dania cut-off canal. I used to pick up a couple dozen live shrimp after work and wait for the tide to start coming in or going out. I'd just toss the lines out and leave the bail open a bit so the current could take the shrimp down the canal. Then just set the rods in the rod holders and drink beer until one of them bent over. Caught a ton of mangrove snappers and quite a few nice snook just sitting in my yard. Once I get my outboard put back together again, I'll have to break out the rods and tackle box.
Everything good in life begins with, "Once I..."

I know this because once I get my Mach 1 running right...

Everything good in life begins with, "Once I..."

I know this because once I get my Mach 1 running right...
Lol! Actually, I have been making progress. I blew the powerhead on my 175 about a month ago. Tore the whole thing apart already got the block back from the machine shop and I ordered 6 new pistons, rings and all the gaskets. It'll get done soon.

Lol! Actually, I have been making progress. I blew the powerhead on my 175 about a month ago. Tore the whole thing apart already got the block back from the machine shop and I ordered 6 new pistons, rings and all the gaskets. It'll get done soon.
I hear you. I just need two vacuum lines and run some carb cleaner through.

Of course, selling it is another story. With this covid business, I'm not looking forward to a 3 hr line.

The strike and that first jump of any game fish is one of the most exciting things there are. I am not a fish eater so except back in the day when I was hunting wall art, I prefer they get free once I have them near the boat. I assume they prefer to break free and get a mercy release. Silver Kings are worthy foes.
I look at catching a tarpon like going into a boxing match. The tarpon always comes out throwing hey makers in round one. If you survive and still have it on, then it proceeds to jab and bodyshot you for the next 10 rounds. An hour or two later in round 12, if you survived you can get the KO cause he is out of gas. Rounds 1 and 12 are awesome. Middle rounds are brutal.

Advertisement
So greasy, my dude. Lol. It is a staple of Southern homes. Fish and grits for breakfast
Bro, i laugh because when I met my wife her father introduced to me pickled herring and grits..
Mu Bahamian peeps will eat any boiled fish with grits.
That must of come from way back before our peeps crossed the Atlantic.

Advertisement
Bro, i laugh because when I met my wife her father introduced to me pickled herring and grits..
Mu Bahamian peeps will eat any boiled fish with grits.
That must of come from way back before our peeps crossed the Atlantic.

Yes sir. lol.

Advertisement
Back