Off-Topic Lets see some summer fish shots

I was catching Snook..after Snook..after Snook in the Mid 70s off my seawall in Cape Coral Fl using live shrimp and little or no weight.....Couldn't even put my rod down secured within the davits on the Seawall....
Sand Bream and Monster size Sheepshead as well....
Im going to try cooking sheepshead coute...

Advertisement
Here is my haul a a group of us got a few years ago out of Mobile. Had to go out for 36 hours to catch all this. Felt sick the entire second day from drinking about 20 beers night 1 and then the waters turned on us. Was supposed to be 1-2’s and it was like 5-6’s that ******* boat was rocking and It got me sick. First time being out that long at sea but it was worth it.
12552931-28D2-4335-8C39-52D312C89420.jpeg

Here is my haul a a group of us got a few years ago out of Mobile. Had to go out for 36 hours to catch all this. Felt sick the entire second day from drinking about 20 beers night 1 and then the waters turned on us. Was supposed to be 1-2’s and it was like 5-6’s that ******* boat was rocking and It got me sick. First time being out that long at sea but it was worth it. View attachment 118966
See them Snapper....used to catch loads of Mangrove Snapper on Sanibel Island back in the day...

Advertisement
CaneinOrlando's Favorite Seafood restaurant in the State was always Capt'n Andersons in Panama City Bch....A Cot **** Treasure...
All their Seafood is Grilled on a Char Grill...Stupid Good...
Is that still open? I was TDY in Panama City around 2010. I was there 10 days during college spring break. I'm pretty sure I lived off of Capt'n Andersons, Bourbon, and college girls that whole trip.

Is that still open? I was TDY in Panama City around 2010. I was there 10 days during college spring break. I'm pretty sure I lived off of Capt'n Andersons, Bourbon, and college girls that whole trip.
Good question...havent been there in 7 or 8yrs...Loved that place...A very close friend of mine has a Home on Grayton Bch in South Walton County....Used to go there with him all the time...Ridiculous Seafood...Ridiculous portions..

Advertisement
See them Snapper....used to catch loads of Mangrove Snapper on Sanibel Island back in the day...

We limited out on everything we could. Unfortunately never found and mahi or wahoo that trip. We hit up the oil rigs. First time seeing those things was awesome. We always go with the Sea Spray in Mobile, Al the captain is great.
178B464A-5FD6-4520-ACB2-C8F3310E6A14.jpeg

You should see the Snook from Ft Myers to Sarasota...

So I just asked my buddy why we never kept any of the snook in Tampa and he said there was a huge kill off cause of cold temps a year or so before we were going down there. That led to there being catch and release only during our years there catching supposedly.

I just moved back to Fl, Cape Coral/Ft Myers. Took my granddaughters boyfriend wade fishing twice and he got a nice snook and a few nice trout. I got skunked...but as others mentioned, really cool to put others on fish. Reading Silver Kings part about the sharks on this coast makes me feel better, because where we wade is across from Boca Grande, and I will admit I was a bit uneasy...getting out of the water interesting as wild pigs squealing in the vicinity...lol.

Were you from the area? What High School if so. So you wading around Bull Bay? or south near Mondongo / Jug Creek Shoals?

I'm a partner in one of the fish shacks in Bull Bay. We have waded a lot over the years and had a few sharks check us out, I had to bump one with a gig once to get him to leave. As we have gotten older, we tend to drink a little more than fish, than wade across to one of the other shacks (To left over my shoulder) a few hundred yards away. We've come back thrown a mullet on a big rig and caught 5-7 foot Black-tip, Lemon or Bull Sharks. We just got back and dried off and changed, my buddy (Our HS DC) still has the towel around his neck. This one swam away fine.
Paul Tom Shark .jpg

Advertisement
We limited out on everything we could. Unfortunately never found and mahi or wahoo that trip. We hit up the oil rigs. First time seeing those things was awesome. We always go with the Sea Spray in Mobile, Al the captain is great. View attachment 118969

Always wanted to do this out of Louisiana. That’s a great pic brother.

you make smoke balls with the wahoo? I’ve never been successful in catching any no matter how hard we have tried on my trips
Me either. But my wife's friend's husband is quite good at it. He's a captain of a private yacht and we often get some when they go to the Bahamas.

Advertisement
Always wanted to do this out of Louisiana. That’s a great pic brother.

I’ve known some to go out of Louisiana that said it’s basically the same fish and half the time on water. I’d prefer to do that but it’s a longer drive to launch out of there instead of Orange Beach for us.

it’s crazy being out in the middle of nowhere without cell phone service for a few days and stuck to a boat. Some people would hate it and some enjoy it. It’s surreal at night when it’s pitch black all around you.

Now that I live in Nashville, I will probably just fly out to wherever I’m fishing now and rent a car to get to my launch point.

I fished the Everglades back in 2016 out of a kayak with a tour guide that basically floated about 100 yards back of us getting high the whole time. That was really cool to be out in mangroves fishing.

Advertisement
Back