Let's put together a list of qualified WR and DB coaches

I'm saying it's worth the risk. And yeah, 7 weeks into his tenure, Mario still doesn't have an OC/DC/WR/CB coaches, amongst others, in place so desperation is starting to sink in. We don't yet know what sanctions they might or might not face as a result of the NCAA investigation. Gill can recruit lights out. He landed 4 4* WR's in his first class at ASU. He worked under Mario in 2019 at Oregon so there is a connection. Hawkins is a top recruiter as well, landing 2 4* CB's last year including Tomi Hill out of Edgewater.
I stand corrected. You certainly know your stuff about Hawkins and Gill. How exactly will being fired for cause affect their ability to find other jobs? How much of a stigma is that? I guess we'll find out.

Advertisement
CB/DBs:

Azeer Abdul Rahim
Nick Monroe
T-Buck
Rod Chance
Steve Clinkscale(if Harbaugh takes the fins job)
Fran Brown(would have to be CO-DC)
Doug Belk(DC hire maybe)
Jahmile Addae
That's an excellent list. That's why I tagged you.
AAR has been mentioned frequently here and would be a very good hire. Rod Chance is obviously in the mix because of his history with Mario. Addae is at Georgia so it would be nice to pay them back for BMac. Fran Brown to me would be a home run and I agree that he would have to be CO-DC.

Advertisement
I stand corrected. You certainly know your stuff about Hawkins and Gill. How exactly will being fired for cause affect their ability to find other jobs? How much of a stigma is that? I guess we'll find out.

Gill would absolutely kill it here. After being hired from Oregon in 2019, his first ASU class included 4-stars WR's Johnny Wilson .9491, Elijhah Badger .9364, LV Bunkley Shelton .9306 and Chad Johnson Jr .8917. He is appealing his termination though through a wrongful termination claim. I think he has a good chance of beating the charges. It's highly unlikely he'll get stuck with a show-cause penalty. It's pretty clear that DC Antonio Pierce was the one that was orchestrating all the violations. I'm surprised he still has a job because he was definitely the ringleader. When the NCAA concludes its investigation, I fully expect Pierce to receive the brunt of the sanctions, with lower tier coaches such a Gill and Hawkins coming out largely unscathed.

As in Bob?
dylan-greatest.gif

Advertisement
Why? are we making a time capsule that christobal can dig up in 20 years when he finally decides who hes going to hire?
Yes my friend. That is exactly the reason. Has nothing to do with curiosity about the most appealing candidates out there. It has nothing to do with the fact that this is a UM football message board and I find these things very interesting and informative. It has nothing to do with having a discussion with other Cane fans about the coaches that are out there just for the sake of having a discussion. It's all about the time capsule.

Advertisement
Advertisement
WR/Passing Game Coordinator: Tee Martin (didn’t Uncle Luke say a year or so ago he was trying to come here?)

CB Coach: Aazar Rahim or Steve Clinkscale if Harbaugh leaves

If we hire Tee Martin, his son would get the rest of his tuition for free, at least the 50-75% not being supplied by the baseball scholarship.

Mike Rumph is available.

Recruited DJ Ivey, also known as “the next JC Horn”.

Knows SFL well but able to recruit nationally as evident by him plucking Christian Williams out of Saban’s backyard. Will more than neutralize Trob.

Scapegoated by Manny Diaz but would do well in his second stint.

Plus he doesn't take "Yes" for an answer.

If we hire Tee Martin, his son would get the rest of his tuition for free, at least the 50-75% not being supplied by the baseball scholarship.

Forgot his son was here. Would make sense for him to be down here since I’m sure salary wise it wouldn’t be much of a cut at all from where he’s been in the NFL

Advertisement
Back