Let's get it on....

Have enjoyed reading the insight on your team this week.

So here's the "Clemson guy" perspective...

1. Our OL and LB are maybe not be elite, but definitely top 10-15 and not the liability some suggest.
2. Our special teams, while have looked ok the first 3 (admittedly easy, although uva is not a bad team by any stretch) games...worry me.
3. WR play is talented, but experience outside of 1 (who's crazy good) is minimal and this is the first real test.

I won't pretend to read you all...this game is however where King can make himself a legend, and that gives me the most pause honestly.

Will be fun regardless, looks like rain....but not a crazy downpour as it looked earlier in the week.

Good times....

Advertisement
Sir do you know what an IP address is?

how many accounts does he have?

OP: I’ll indulge...regarding STs, what specifically are you talking about? Return game? Kicking units? Etc.

Im genuinely curious about your OL. You seem to think quite highly of them. I’ve scanned some of the tiger boards and folks seem to be a bit down on the unit as a run blocking. Not sure how to assess pass pro since Clemson does not drop back a lot.

also, I know your DL is young but good. I think your team is underestimating our OL. I think of all the trench matchups, we’ll have the edge with our OL. They are surprisingly good.

1. Our OL and LB are maybe not be elite, but definitely top 10-15 and not the liability some suggest.
Completely depends on what they're asked to do. If we allow your ends to set the edges and your LBs to predominantly play those ILB roles, they're very good there. But, if they're asked to show range, I think it works to our benefit. We shall see.

Advertisement
Completely depends on what they're asked to do. If we allow your ends to set the edges and your LBs to predominantly play those ILB roles, they're very good there. But, if they're asked to show range, I think it works to our benefit. We shall see.
I'll continue to hammer that our running backs are going to be open on the swing and wheel routes against their linebackers.

Have enjoyed reading the insight on your team this week.

So here's the "Clemson guy" perspective...

2. Our special teams, while have looked ok the first 3 (admittedly easy, although uva is not a bad team by any stretch) games...worry me.
3. WR play is talented, but experience outside of 1 (who's crazy good) is minimal and this is the first real test.

I won't pretend to read you all...this game is however where King can make himself a legend, and that gives me the most pause honestly.

Will be fun regardless, looks like rain....but not a crazy downpour as it looked earlier in the week.

Good times....
Do you think you'll have a big drop off next year with Lawrence and Etienne? Will Venables get offered the HC job with Dabo leaving for Houston?

I'll continue to hammer that our running backs are going to be open on the swing and wheel routes against their linebackers.
What @LuCane is saying is that their scheme doesnt really ask them to matchup that way, more play downhill, blitz and cleanup in the box type.. Of course over the course of a game they will get matched up but their scheme "hides" them well or you can say doesnt ask them to do much outside of their skillset, see ball, kill ball types..

I can’t remember the game, but remember how open Cheney was, it wasn’t a wheel route it was a straight up corner/fly.... Would have probably scored a touchdown on if he had just remembered to look for the ball

Advertisement
Do you think you'll have a big drop off next year with Lawrence and Etienne? Will Venables get offered the HC job with Dabo leaving for Houston?
Big? No...drop-off, sure...they're insane talents. That said pretty big talent behind them that can compete with anyone.

I don't see dabo going to the nfl...but maybe. Deep down don't see dabo wanting an nfl gig, but whenever he is done I see Elliott taking over.

Big? No...drop-off, sure...they're insane talents. That said pretty big talent behind them that can compete with anyone.

I don't see dabo going to the nfl...but maybe. Deep down don't see dabo wanting an nfl gig, but whenever he is done I see Elliott taking over.

The thing about Dabo is, that there’s a lot of talk in Miami about him going to the NFL after this season. Now you may be thinking yourself, why would anybody in Miami know this.

What you have to remember is agents don’t spend a lot of time in places like Clemson, other than going after specific players and having a specific reason to be there. A lot of agents have homes down here as you can well imagine.

They’re not going to be spending their free time in a provincial little place like Clemson. The word down here is, he’s looking at the NFL really hard.

The thing about Dabo is, that there’s a lot of talk in Miami about him going to the NFL after this season. Now you may be thinking yourself, why would anybody in Miami know this.

What you have to remember is agents don’t spend a lot of time in places like Clemson, other than going after specific players and having a specific reason to be there. A lot of agents have homes down here as you can well imagine.

They’re not going to be spending their free time in a provincial little place like Clemson. The word down here is, he’s looking at the NFL really hard.
And you assume I'm in Clemson? Lol.... never say never, my opinion? No, not going to nfl.

And you assume I'm in Clemson? Lol.... never say never, my opinion? No, not going to nfl.

It’s not about you.

It has nothing to do with where you’re are at, not does it have anything to do with you specifically, it has to do with where the agents spend most of their time. And drink, and talk. And that would be places like Miami.

I have no idea where you are, and actually I did not assume you lived in Clemson. I assume most graduates would leave such a little provincial town. unless they’re helping the university to funnel funds to that church y’all use to give money to players.

Can only tell you what the word is down here. Whether he actually ends up going or not is a different issue. I can tell you it is definitely being talked about...and seriously.

Advertisement
What @LuCane is saying is that their scheme doesnt really ask them to matchup that way, more play downhill, blitz and cleanup in the box type.. Of course over the course of a game they will get matched up but their scheme "hides" them well or you can say doesnt ask them to do much outside of their skillset, see ball, kill ball types..
I get that but if we go 12 personnel which I think we will see a lot of then you are isolating #10 and/or #47 in the pass game. That is a huge mismatch.

Advertisement

Lawrence is once in a generation talent. We will see how DJ pans out. He looks the part.

And this situation is like Saban? Lol...y'all are reaching, deflecting...or both.

Hey, maybe he will, and maybe it will be easier for you.

Or maybe not. Lol.

Advertisement
Back