Let's build out the rotation for next year

Yes. 13 is the cap.

If Wong has the year (next year) that McGusty had, it will have been well worth it to return.

Currently, I don't see him getting drafted. Sure, D-League, overseas, etc. But if he gets some NIL money at UM, he offsets that salary situation. I tend to believe that guys spending one more year at a Power 5/returning Elite 8 team would have a better shot of impressing than guys who spend a year in the D-League would, at least on a statistical/numerical basis. There have been a couple of D-Leaguers who have hit the lottery, but it's far more likely to get drafted with another year in college ball.
Plus, I really like Wong and I'd like to see him in orange and green for another season.

Advertisement
So if Wong comes back where are the spots to add the players people are mentioning here.
I see some posters that want three players added.

Without counting incoming transfers, I feel that Walker will have stiff competition for a starting spot.

There's no way he should start with how inconsistent of a player he is on both ends.

Advertisement
Looks like we are in on Jaelin Llewellyn from Princeton. Averaged 16/4/2.5 on 45% in the Ivy League this past year for a team that made the postseason. Shot 38% from 3 as well. He's not as big of a lead scoring guard as Kam but this could make for an interesting 3 guard lineup with Beverly (who's 6'5) and a PG like Curbelo.

Looks like we are in on Jaelin Llewellyn from Princeton. Averaged 16/4/2.5 on 45% in the Ivy League this past year for a team that made the postseason. Shot 38% from 3 as well. He's not as big of a lead scoring guard as Kam but this could make for an interesting 3 guard lineup with Beverly (who's 6'5) and a PG like Curbelo.
if we are playing five out need to make sure we have some shooters on the court to open things up for Wong : who seems to be more comfortable scoring @ levels 1 and 2 . Wong, I think should come back, and develop consistency to his 3 point game :

Would not like a 3 Guard lineup with both Curbelo and Beverly in it. Those two don't bring enough offensive punch from outside. Substitute a pure shooter for Beverly and I'd be OK with that!

Without counting incoming transfers, I feel that Walker will have stiff competition for a starting spot.

There's no way he should start with how inconsistent of a player he is on both ends.

Sure, but that ignores the fact that there aren't 5 guys better than him.

Walker will start next year (assuming he's healthy).

Advertisement
Sure, but that ignores the fact that there aren't 5 guys better than him.

Walker will start next year (assuming he's healthy).
I 100% agree, that's why I said he will face stiff competition because I don't think he's developed that much from his freshman year. Personally, I don't see the gap between him and the incoming wings that large.

Do we want Curbelo? Miami's PG must be able to hit threes from the logo and he's 11-65 for his career.

Advertisement
Even without the transfers that we'll undoubtedly bring in, our depth is way better than this season.

Unfortunately, I see no scoring option if Wong leaves. Whoever we add needs to be able to

Even without the transfers that we'll undoubtedly bring in, our depth is way better than this season.

Unfortunately, I see no scoring option if Wong leaves. Whoever we add needs to be able to
I'm not sure that I agree that our depth is better. We lose every starter but Miller. Our freshmen that played this year didn't exactly impress....if anything they were a disappointment mostly to me. So we need to get at least 2-3 guys that are as good as the one we had this year and the freshmen we get now need to be better than the ones we had this year. I guess what im saying is the drop in the starters may be alot bigger than the gain on the bench. But lets see how the transfers go.

Advertisement
Very possible I did jump the gun here! Fingers crossed hoping it is wrong. Curbelo went to Long Island Lutheran so ... I could see why SJU would be a strong possibility. This was my "source."

Marc Fiscarelli, "independent basketball writer," who covers the B1G out of Chicago. Tweeted yesterday,

Marc Fiscarelli
@MarcFiscHoops

Per a source, Andre Curbelo has privately committed to St. John’s University after meeting with Mike Anderson twice since entering the portal. Averaged 9/4/4 at the University of Illinois as a freshman. Will be a big part of the Red Storm now.

Very possible I did jump the gun here! Fingers crossed hoping it is wrong. Curbelo went to Long Island Lutheran so ... I could see why SJU would be a strong possibility. This was my "source."

Marc Fiscarelli, "independent basketball writer," who covers the B1G out of Chicago. Tweeted yesterday,

Marc Fiscarelli
@MarcFiscHoops

Per a source, Andre Curbelo has privately committed to St. John’s University after meeting with Mike Anderson twice since entering the portal. Averaged 9/4/4 at the University of Illinois as a freshman. Will be a big part of the Red Storm now.
Eh. Not sure how credible this is as a source or the legitimacy of making a private commit public.

Advertisement
Back