Lets Be Honest

Good class w/ holes. We'll pay for it on the field in the next few seasons...

Where exactly are the holes?

Another RB/WR. Let's face it we need even more D. Our strength is o-line that helps, but our biggest playmakers won't be able to take advantage of the spring due to injuries. So basically their EE status won't translate until the fall...

Advertisement
This is a very good class when it comes to comparing it to the rest of the college football world. It's the kind of class that I think should help contribute to at least winning the coastal division. However, I believe it should have been much, much better. I think it's very much like our season. Nine wins when we've been bad for so long is nice, and compared to most of college football is a job well done. And yet it should have been a better season.

Powell, Gibbons, Rudolf, Sony, Dixon......No reason those kids shouldn't be Miami Hurricanes.

Agree with all except Gibbons. We won't miss him even though it sucks losing him this late. Probably saw himself on the outside looking in w/ KC Flowers Darling

I disagree.

I'm not sure you troll. I think you just like being a contrarian and leaving little rabbit turds of disagreement in every thread. That's not trolling. That's called being a ****.

This is a very good class when it comes to comparing it to the rest of the college football world. It's the kind of class that I think should help contribute to at least winning the coastal division. However, I believe it should have been much, much better. I think it's very much like our season. Nine wins when we've been bad for so long is nice, and compared to most of college football is a job well done. And yet it should have been a better season.

Powell, Gibbons, Rudolf, Sony, Dixon......No reason those kids shouldn't be Miami Hurricanes.

Agreed. The class is solid for sure. However, it lacks the elite talent that programs need to stockpile to compete. Most programs don't even have the chance to do this... We did and hit a single.

Advertisement
We needed another RB and the DT class comes nowhere close to making up for the past two disasters at the position. We took projects at WR because we missed on the elite guys locally. We could have used one of Bethel/Jackson and we arent going to get either. Those holes.

This is a solid class, but hardly the transformative one people were discussing a few weeks ago when everyone was worried Golden Corral would bolt for PSU. There arent many elite difference making guys. There are a ton of project/flier types of guys from out of state who we will have to wait and see on. Thats looking at the class in a vacuum. Looking at it in perspective, taking into account how loaded the area was and the guys Golden Corral just lost, its a mediocre class.

(If we lose Thomas/Jackson tomorrow this class becomes a disaster and a career killer)

im interested in hearing the excuses in a couple seasons when this group "underperforms"

will it still be a talent issue??

Two different conversations. On paper, it is a great class. Whether it gets developed to compete in the ACC or nationally is something different.

We needed another RB and the DT class comes nowhere close to making up for the past two disasters at the position. We took projects at WR because we missed on the elite guys locally. We could have used one of Bethel/Jackson and we arent going to get either. Those holes.

This is a solid class, but hardly the transformative one people were discussing a few weeks ago when everyone was worried Golden Corral would bolt for PSU. There arent many elite difference making guys. There are a ton of project/flier types of guys from out of state who we will have to wait and see on. Thats looking at the class in a vacuum. Looking at it in perspective, taking into account how loaded the area was and the guys Golden Corral just lost, its a mediocre class.

(If we lose Thomas/Jackson tomorrow this class becomes a disaster and a career killer)

See, I actually like this argument.

There are about 120 schools that would die to have this class. However, when you look at it objectively, especially factoring in the talent within a 40 mile radius, it doesn't seem that great.

I have a hard time looking at it that way. I would have loved to land some of the 5 star players but they simply wanted no part of it. Blame that on whomever you want. However, this is still a great class.

Advertisement

See, I actually like this argument.

There are about 120 schools that would die to have this class. However, when you look at it objectively, especially factoring in the talent within a 40 mile radius, it doesn't seem that great.

I have a hard time looking at it that way. I would have loved to land some of the 5 star players but they simply wanted no part of it. Blame that on whomever you want. However, this is still a great class.

If you are happy we have a better class than the NC States and Nebraskas of the world great. We had the opportunity to have a better class than we are going to end up with. "they simply wanted no part of it" is completely absurd. The job of our coaching staff is to make kids want part of it. If they fail to do that they are failing at their job. We started on third base and finished with a double and people want to crown us for ending up on second base.

I have been hearing this **** for 5 years now. I WANT to believe it, but I just cant anymore.

You can't miss on nearly every blue chip offensive playmaker in your area, miss on the best DT prospect down here in a year of dire need, and have a class between excellent and great. What Joe said, too. If Yearby was the only blue chip RB down here, then OK. It's different. But it is what it is.

This.

And particularly with the injury Yearby sustained, the loss of Cook and Sony is only magnified.

From the start, Miami needed a Cook/Michel type back, but with the ankle injury, it would have been really nice to give Yearby the option to redshirt. Given our depth and attrition at the RB position, they're gonna need Yearby next year.

The DT position will be Golden's death knell. This class isn't necessarily bad from that position, but I'll feel better when Wyche is officially in.

That being said, we'll be getting our **** pushed in next season on the DLine because of past failures.

Advertisement
Doesn't matter who we get. We still have the same coaches developing the same kind of players.

Advertisement
Good class w/ holes. We'll pay for it on the field in the next few seasons...

It will not come close to how bad we've BEEN paying the last few years for Randy Shannon's awful recruiting ..oh and "the cloud".

Wait... So Brady, Langham, Berrios and Njoku are projects?

And who are the "ton of project/flier guys" from out of state?

Doesn't matter who we get. We still have the same coaches developing the same kind of players.

I'm curious.... who exactly are these "un-developed" guys that Golden recruited? I know guys have underperformed but who comes to mind when you make a statement like this? Definitely call him out for some top tier recruits he missed out on BTW...and if he HAD gotten guys like Bostwick, etc then we wouldnt have to be stressing about a 2 star like Olsen Pierre not "developing".

Im sure al will have another great day like tracy and coley the last 2 years golden always has that one silent in his pocket....

I had to edit this since when did golden not develop players ????? What??? :crownpour: drink some more

Advertisement
Back