Lets Be Honest

We needed another RB and the DT class comes nowhere close to making up for the past two disasters at the position. We took projects at WR because we missed on the elite guys locally. We could have used one of Bethel/Jackson and we arent going to get either. Those holes.

This is a solid class, but hardly the transformative one people were discussing a few weeks ago when everyone was worried Golden Corral would bolt for PSU. There arent many elite difference making guys. There are a ton of project/flier types of guys from out of state who we will have to wait and see on. Thats looking at the class in a vacuum. Looking at it in perspective, taking into account how loaded the area was and the guys Golden Corral just lost, its a mediocre class.

(If we lose Thomas/Jackson tomorrow this class becomes a disaster and a career killer)

Wait... So Brady, Langham, Berrios and Njoku are projects?

And who are the "ton of project/flier guys" from out of state?

I should have said "super awesome sleepers we beat Kentucky for." People have hyped each of them up beyond belief as we tend to do with every three star recruit we've signed over the past decade but they are who they are: question marks we would trade in a second for Lane or Rudolph. As for your second question, everyone we have from out of state other than Hester.

Advertisement
I know I troll a lot but lets have a quick conversation.

This class is not horrible, bad, or good. It is stuck somewhere between great and excellent.

A lot of the disappointment from everyone derives from two things:
1. We lost some guys late
2. We didn't add anyone late

It is easy to point out the flaws and some of the misses, but this a very deep class.

We have a top 15 class that features:
The future QB of our program. Even if he doesn't turn out to be, we supposedly got one of those guys last year.
One of the top #10-15 RB's in the entire nation.
The future OT, OG, and Center of our O-line.
A nice JUCO TE that will spread the field
A coupe of WR's that add instant depth
A stud JUCO DT with a couple of guys that will contribute next year
Some athletic, playmaking hybrid ends that can rush and cover
A pure ILB that will grow into the position
A stud Safety with a couple of DB's that will be given time to develop

We still have a chance at a nice Spread QB and Mr. Jackson.

Just think, if we got Kaaya, or Yearby, or any of our OL to commit late, there would be little *****ing. People want the newest thing.

Did Golden miss on some things? Absolutely but that doesn't take away from the goodness of this class. This class compliments some of the depth we have been lacking.

/Oh yeah, LOL did not read.

You're still a ****, but nice post Canediddy... :)

We needed another RB and the DT class comes nowhere close to making up for the past two disasters at the position. We took projects at WR because we missed on the elite guys locally. We could have used one of Bethel/Jackson and we arent going to get either. Those holes.

This is a solid class, but hardly the transformative one people were discussing a few weeks ago when everyone was worried Golden Corral would bolt for PSU. There arent many elite difference making guys. There are a ton of project/flier types of guys from out of state who we will have to wait and see on. Thats looking at the class in a vacuum. Looking at it in perspective, taking into account how loaded the area was and the guys Golden Corral just lost, its a mediocre class.

(If we lose Thomas/Jackson tomorrow this class becomes a disaster and a career killer)

I should have said "super awesome sleepers we beat Kentucky for." People have hyped each of them up beyond belief as we tend to do with every three star recruit we've signed over the past decade but they are who they are: question marks we would trade in a second for Lane or Rudolph. As for your second question, everyone we have from out of state other than Hester.

Valid, but you do realize these kids chose bigger and better programs than ours right now, it's simple and not that hard to believe. The U hasnt been sh** for the past ten years...A class like this only helps us getting back to where we need to be.

One thing is for sure, this is the class that will make or break Golden Al. He has little time to whip these boys into shape because he will need to rely on many of them before they've matured. The clock is ticking and you're blind if you think Al doesn't know that. This will either be the impressive player development showing we've all been hoping for from Al, or more underachieving and MAC-level play.

Side Note: Just thought of this. It would be such a shame for Duke Johnson to play his junior and senior years on a 6-7 and 8-9 win team. Would be the biggest waste of talent in Miami history. Really hope he gets to play meaningful postseason football someday.

Yup, even though I don't think Berrios is a project and he'd be ready from day 1 to play the slot. Unfortunately he got hurt.

I do love Brady's upside and think he can end up as good as those other guys but he's a project for sure.

It says a lot that FSU's cast off (Worton) would be our most ready to go receiver in this class.

Advertisement

Interesting take on the wide receivers. I'll just disagree based upon film I've watched of them and other peoples opinions that I have read of them. I wouldn't call any of them question marks but we shall see over the next 2-3 years.

I'm assuming you don't mean Kaaya as a project as he is out of state. Why do you think Courtel Jenkins is a flier? Herndon?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it seems as if you believe 3 star players are mostly projects/fliers, no?

Yup, even though I don't think Berrios is a project and he'd be ready from day 1 to play the slot. Unfortunately he got hurt.

I do love Brady's upside and think he can end up as good as those other guys but he's a project for sure.

It says a lot that FSU's cast off (Worton) would be our most ready to go receiver in this class.

Agree 100%. I've been saying for the longest that Dixon was a huge miss. Our current guys have potential but we needed one more sure(r) thing. Berrios is a nice slot guy, Brady is very raw, Langham is a raw type as well just filling into his big body. I like all 3 but we needed 1 more big time guy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back