LET ME HOLLA AT YALL

Do you think if king stays he will improve or did he top out?
Man; King is an athlete. I’m not sure if I see a NFL caliber QB when he plays. He consistently misses on deep shots. But I see a good CFB QB.

My open concern w King was how will he fare playing P5 schools. UL & FSU were two P5 schools, but here’s reality:

So far we’ve faced UAB, UL, FSU, and now Clemson. As of 10/10/20, here’s the defensive rankings-

Total Defense:
UAB-19th (17th if not including the new G5 teams that played their first game yesterday)
UL-31st (29th if not..........)
FSU-49th (47th if not......)
Clemson-14th (12th if not......)

Passing Defense:
UAB-7th (5th if not.......)
UL-32nd (30th if not......)
FSU-54th (52nd if not.......)
Clemson-23rd (21st if not......)

So we’ve faced two top 25 defenses, and two defenses outside the top 25.

Here’s the stats for King when facing the top 25:
28/52 - 265 - 3 TDs (2 rushing/1 passing) - 2 ints

Here’s the stats for King when facing non top 25:
47/70 - 592 - 5 TDs (all passing) - 0 ints

Now it’s a small sample size, but it’s something we might want to take heed of. He has seemingly struggled or not been as dynamic when facing solid to good defense so.
We face a Pitt def who ranks 3rd in total def & 13th in passing def. I’m interested to see if this just a coincidence or a tell-tale sign to King’s & Lashlee’s ability as a play caller. We said Lashlee called a vanilla game against UAB, but we saw the same game against Clemson.

Just some observations we should take heed of and be aware of for both King & Lashlee.

Advertisement
@Rellyrell n; King is an athlete. I’m not sure if I see a NFL caliber QB when he plays. He consistently misses on deep shots. But I see a good CFB QB.

My open concern w King was how will he fare playing P5 schools. UL & FSU were two P5 schools, but here’s reality:

So far we’ve faced UAB, UL, FSU, and now Clemson. As of 10/10/20, here’s the defensive rankings-

Total Defense:
UAB-19th (17th if not including the new G5 teams that played their first game yesterday)

Passing Defense:

Now it’s a small sample size, but it’s something we might want to take heed of. He has seemingly struggled or not been as dynamic when facing solid to good defense so.
We face a Pitt def who ranks 3rd in total def & 13th in passing def. I’m interested to see if this just a coincidence or a tell-tale sign to King’s & Lashlee’s ability as a play caller. We said Lashlee called a vanilla game against UAB, but we saw the same game against Clemson.

Just some observations we should take heed of and be aware of for both King & Lashlee.
@Rellyrell ....Love King....but very one dimensional....add in Soft *** WRs...and Goodnight irene....

Another "year" of recruiting OL? Those guys were horrible last night. They got worked all nite by Clemson's DL, LBs and overall scheme. I'd say another three years of recruiting alot better-skilled players and, only then, if we can upgrade the talent we bring in (and I see no evidence we can do that).

Advertisement
Where is this “our guys played hard”, rhetoric coming from?? What game was ppl watching?? BOLDEN played hard! BOLDEN!

42-17.

Miami played their *** off!

In regards to King. No shade at him but he was also sporadic at Houston. He’s dynamic. Can’t take that away from him.

But he also has consistently had 40% 50% passing games where they weren’t just one-off games.

I warned about seeing some of that when we got him. But still expected him to be dynamic which he has been.

Even in the season preview. I said dude is going to have 3-4 40-50% passing games given his career so far.

The difference is when he had a off night at Houston he usually had 150 on the ground.

Last edited:
42-17.

Miami played their *** off!

In regards to King. No shade at him but he was also sporadic at Houston. He’s dynamic. Can’t take that away from him.

But he also has consistently had 40% 50% passing games where they weren’t just one off games.

I warned about seeing some of that when we got him. But still expected him to be dynamic which he has been.

Even in the season preview. I said dude is going to have 3-4 40-50% passing games given his career so far.

The difference is when he had a off night at Houston he usually had 150 on the ground.
I said this a few times on twitter last night and got a lot of **** for it. King was BAD last night. The few times he did have receivers open, he underthrew it. He underthrew every deep ball. There’s a reason Clemson stopped the run so easily, because that’s all they were worried about

Advertisement
King looked like himself. Not every game did he out 300 in the air and a hundred on the ground.

He probably will have similar passing numbers this year. 3-4 games under 200 yard. 3-4 games over 300-400 yard. And a couple inbetween.

He looked like.....himself.

View attachment 129833

@MichiCANE

Yeah I mean......He still looks like himself. I don’t know who people thought we were landing. He’s a dynamic runner and a decent passer.

Still best QB Miami has had in a long time. But we weren’t landing this insane passer.

I also am curious if the coaches are trying to limit his running ability by design through 4 games.....

He used to take off hella quick at Houston.

If we are limiting his QB runs then it’s probably so that he doesn’t get hurt and finishes the season.

King killed nfl and Heisman talk last night. I said last week does not have the arm.to throw the true deep ball. We have no wide recievers smart or physical enough to come back and catch under thrown passes.

Advertisement
Man; King is an athlete. I’m not sure if I see a NFL caliber QB when he plays. He consistently misses on deep shots. But I see a good CFB QB.

Total Defense:

Passing Defense:

I don't really care about the stats to be frank, but he's not an NFL QB. He's not even close if I'm being brutally honest. You simply cannot throw the ball down the field the way he does and get a roster spot. You would essentially be taking away part of your offense to play him. There's not a single NFL GM that would make that call.

I like the young man. I hope he opens his mind to playing the slot or a situational back. He may even find a spot on returns.

I'm proud of the way he handles himself and has pursued his dream. Reality hits hard though and how you go from there is up to you.

I said this a few times on twitter last night and got a lot of **** for it. King was BAD last night. The few times he did have receivers open, he underthrew it. He underthrew every deep ball. There’s a reason Clemson stopped the run so easily, because that’s all they were worried about
He was throwing balls short because his WR couldn’t get any separation.. they were supposed to come back for the balls.

Advertisement
Miss me with the we played hard ****.

If Clemson doesn’t drop easy balls and trip 5 times they probably drop 60 on our defense
If we don't line up offside or get a personal foul every drive it's a much closer game; and imagine if we had a DC who would let us press man with our big corners?

If we don't line up offside or get a personal foul every drive it's a much closer game; and imagine if we had a DC who would let us press man with our big corners?
But that’s exactly who we are. Stupid penalties and a bad DC. If we played Clemson 10 more times we would still have those problems.

As for Clemson, if we played them again they probably wouldn’t drop those balls or trip in open field and the score would have been considerably worse.

But that’s exactly who we are. Stupid penalties and a bad DC. If we played Clemson 10 more times we would still have those problems.

As for Clemson, if we played them again they probably wouldn’t drop those balls or trip in open field and the score would have been considerably worse.

King would toss the ball down field a lot more and we'd get more PIs. We weren't prepared and didn't respond well to Venables blitz man.

I'll look forward to the rematch.

Last edited:
He was throwing balls short because his WR couldn’t get any separation.. they were supposed to come back for the balls.

Yeah but he left those passes hanging inside. If placed outside they are probably not picked.

The rain affected his long throws. He was late and more hesitant too.

The entire team was star struck. Lashlee needed to use the short passing and screen game like he did for UL and FSU,

He was so bad play calling that there is no explanation. It was inexplicable. Like he was literally throwing the game.

Advertisement
Back