Let’s talk wide receivers

Advertisement
I don’t have to explain any differences lol. It’s literally in the videos themselves. If you watched both videos and didn’t notice any differences then that’s fine with me. I respect everyone’s opinion.
I could go get a video of Leonard Taylor, W Steed , Tyrique and others then go find a Cali kid drooling all over the place and use that as proof SFLA kids are smarter. I think that’s the point some are making. Not exactly a big sample size.

I think we split aTm and Clemson.

We are not losing to UNC four years in a row with no qb. Pitt doesn’t have a qb either.

This ain’t Manny’s show anymore. For us to lose to a bunch of teams with no quarterback means the defense is trash if we are healthy. Don’t see it.
Unc has a **** good QB.

Advertisement
It’s good but far from deep , if you think different you‘re hitting the hopium a tad hard. We can’t afford injuries at OL, Cb ( Tyrique ) , the interior DL or rb. If you think Jackson goes down we aren’t f’d you’re tripping. That throws that room into a mess. Safety and de are two positions we can stand a loss.

We have the same issue we always have , there’s front line talent at most spots but after a guy or two goes down it’s bad. Once you move second team to first things are being thrown off. We need 2-3 classes to build up depth to overcome injuries. Health will dictate the season. People in the Hect will tell you the same.

When you’re a big boy program you can lose guys at every spot , because you likely have another stud rolling in to replace him. Our roster still has holes all over it. It’s top heavy as ****. We can still win the coastal and 9-10 games (if healthy ).
wait so is this the deepest DL we've had in 20 years or are we one DT injury away from being "f'd"? I'm confused

wait so is this the deepest DL we've had in 20 years or are we one DT injury away from being "f'd"? I'm confused
I’ve never said that lunacy .

We don’t have many space eater like Jackson, he’s an absolute handful. I’ve said big bodies inside is the one area I don’t like. We have a bunch of ends and hybrid guys.

Advertisement
I could go get a video of Leonard Taylor, W Steed , Tyrique and others then go find a Cali kid drooling all over the place and use that as proof SFLA kids are smarter. I think that’s the point some are making. Not exactly a big sample size.
I never compared anything, that’s the point. I put 2 videos and asked someone if they noticed a difference. I asked the guy a direct question, I wasn’t implying anything. I was simply asking for the guys opinion.

Advertisement
It’s good but far from deep , if you think different you‘re hitting the hopium a tad hard. We can’t afford injuries at OL, Cb ( Tyrique ) , the interior DL or rb. If you think Jackson goes down we aren’t f’d you’re tripping. That throws that room into a mess. Safety and de are two positions we can stand a loss.

We have the same issue we always have , there’s front line talent at most spots but after a guy or two goes down it’s bad. Once you move second team to first things are being thrown off. We need 2-3 classes to build up depth to overcome injuries. Health will dictate the season. People in the Hect will tell you the same.

When you’re a big boy program you can lose guys at every spot , because you likely have another stud rolling in to replace him. Our roster still has holes all over it. It’s top heavy as ****. We can still win the coastal and 9-10 games (if healthy ).
I disagree about the interior DL, maybe agree with you on the CB spot. You can't say we might have a 3 deep on the DL then turn around and say one guy's go down and we are f'd. That **** makes no logical sense. In any case OL and CB , we have talent at each position, most of it is young so I would need to see how they take to the new coaching and schemes before saying we are reliant on one guy. OL we are fine on the interior with bodies and experience, losing tackles may create an issue.

Advertisement
I disagree about the interior DL, maybe agree with you on the CB spot. You can't say we might have a 3 deep on the DL then turn around and say one guy's go down and we are f'd. That **** makes no logical sense. In any case OL and CB , we have talent at each position, most of it is young so I would need to see how they take to the new coaching and schemes before saying we are reliant on one guy. OL we are fine on the interior with bodies and experience, losing tackles may create an issue.
I’ve never said we have a three deep on the DL. I’ve said we have pass rushers and a bunch of hybrid types, good ones. I’ve also said multiple times my buggiest issues is there’s no stumps in the middle minus Jackson. He’s a space eater that disrupts. Lacking big bodies is a concern. Just because its a talented defense and I expected it to be a good doesn’t mean if‘s perfect or doesn’t have holes. There’s a few guys we can’t lose.

We good, not elite. The vast majority of teams in the country are in the same boat. Give them multiple injuries across a range of positions and their chances change dramatically.

We survived 2020 and 2021without a nose tackle with one of the worst staffs and schemes in the country. I think we will be fine for the coastal even if Jackson got hurt. Any more than that would be tough though.

I thought it was great, the dude had alot of knowledge on the team and stats.. Games are played on the field, so lets see how it plays out.. TVD is supposed to be that guy, he got to step up
No doubt that the dude was very knowledgeable and it was a very good listen, but not necessarily the most glowing assessment of the team, Gattis or (to a lessor extent) Steele.

The problem is people here think we are a top 10 team this year. We haven't recruited on a top 10 level and just changing coaches doesn't mitigate facts. Now in 2 years if we can't get top 10 fly the banner.

Advertisement
Back