Let’s play schedule God!

StevoBevo

Freshman
I’m mentally in the off-season so why not

As you all know our 2022 schedule is not complete (only 2/4 non conference opponents are determined too)

So let’s play schedule God!
If you had control of the 2022 schedule and how it was laid out for our inevitable new coach what would week 1-13 look like for you?

RULES: 1. must keep Week 2/3 the same because those are determined (vs southern miss and @Texas A&M
2. Must add one FCS opponent and 4th Non Conf must be G5 ( odds of adding a P5 this close is slim to none)
Our conf opponents are:
@ Clemson
@ V tech
@ UVA
@ G tech
Vs UNC
Vs FSU
Vs Duke
Vs Pitt
NON CONF
Week 2: Southern miss
Week 3 @ Texas A&M
TBD
TBD

For me personally I think week 1/2 will need to be easy W’s to Gel/get in rhythm to prep for A&M so my 13 week scheduled would be:
1. Vs Bethune Cookman
2. Vs Southern Miss
3. @ Texas A&M
4. @ G tech
5. Vs Arkansas State
6. Vs FSU
7. BYE
8. @ Clemson
9 Vs Duke
10 @ UVA
11 Vs Pitt
12 Vs UNC
13 @ Vtech
What say YOU?!

Advertisement
This way we will have a tough test to begin the season (A&M) 2 in the middle (FSU/Clem) and one to end the year (UNC)
Pitt/UVA won’t be the same without Pickett/Armstrong

This way we will have a tough test to begin the season (A&M) 2 in the middle (FSU/Clem) and one to end the year (UNC)
Pitt/UVA won’t be the same without Pickett/Armstrong
Isn't Howell also gone from UNC?

Ark St’s 22 schedule is full as far as OOC games, they already have their 4.

Unless you’re just being hypothetical in general.

Advertisement
Ark St’s 22 schedule is full as far as OOC games, they already have their 4.

Unless you’re just being hypothetical in general.
Purely hypothetical, mostly because I don’t have the desire to search up teams OOC schedules and wether they are full or not. In all honesty I expect it to be a Sun belt/Mac opponent

Advertisement

Attachments

• 9F23B3E9-EFAF-42EC-9D6E-1DC4E3715AA4.jpeg
    9F23B3E9-EFAF-42EC-9D6E-1DC4E3715AA4.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 8
Advertisement
Week 1 - Home vs UAB or Midd Tenn St (those were the only two G5’s I could find that had an available slot for 22)
Week 2 - Home vs Southern Miss
Week 3 - @ TAMU
Week 4 - @ UVA
Week 5 - Home vs Southeastern Louisiana or Incarnate Word
Week 6 - BYE
Week 7 - @ Clemson
Week 8 - Home vs UNC
Week 9 - Home vs FSU
Week 10 - @ GTech
Week 11 - Home vs Pitt
Week 12 - @ VA Tech
Week 13 - Home vs Duke

Advertisement
I don’t like that we don’t have a great game for rivalry week.
I like Va Tech to end the year, but they play commonwealth cup and we get Duke. Yay.

Surely we can find something that is more meaningful. I know that rivalries can get played any week, but I would like something in week 13.

Having said all of that this years week 13 is mostly meaningless. Out side of “the game” and bedlam, most other rivalry games don’t count for much.

I don’t like that we don’t have a great game for rivalry week.
I like Va Tech to end the year, but they play commonwealth cup and we get Duke. Yay.

Surely we can find something that is more meaningful. I know that rivalries can get played any week, but I would like something in week 13.

Having said all of that this years week 13 is mostly meaningless. Out side of “the game” and bedlam, most other rivalry games don’t count for much.
Its kind of a shame Notre Dame can't be that rivalry game every year.

Advertisement
Back