Let’s Be Honest

mwcane31

Sophomore
Miami is pretty good but not good enough to compete in a lousy ACC… at what point do the canes fire Coach L (who I know is an awesome dude that has done a ton For the U)…

They will not make the tourney… several people were praising L and asking for apologies…

I hope I’m wrong…

Advertisement
Coach L's coaching career is running on fumes. He really needs to step down at the end of the season .
Except for the recent dead cat bounce... it has be predictably disappointing.

Last edited:
Miami is pretty good but not good enough to compete in a lousy ACC… at what point do the canes fire Coach L (who I know is an awesome dude that has done a ton For the U)…

They will not make the tourney… several people were praising L and asking for apologies…

I hope I’m wrong…
right now, before today's loss, Lunardi (from ESPN) had them a #9 seed.

They play GT, Virginia, Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt, VTech, and WF.

I'm a Syracuse fan, and I still think Miami makes the tourney.......barely. Like a last team in scenario. They def need to win a game or two in the ACC tourney.

Even when Canes were on a hot streak, as evidenced here in the game thread commentaries, they demonstrated some less than stellar performance a fair amount of the time. Much of it (the offensive schemes, the transition-vs-rebounding-perimeter-shots strategy, how-and-when-Sam-is-used, the red-yellow-green-3pointing, etc) is directly related to coaching... and even though our stars showing super-energetic talent at times and the opposition being out-performed earns Coach L credit (when we win), he does warrant criticism, when we don't...

...I'll be the first to say Great Going (to) Canes AND Coach L, IF we get hot again. I sadly think we won't, because we have too many flaws in team composition, and I think it's fair to say in Coach L's stewardship. Again, let them come here if we get hot and say Yay Yay yay, why aren't we ranked, and how can we bash Coach L so much. OK, bring it on, especially the wins!

Advertisement
It’s ok to appreciate that Coach L had some nice seasons while also being realistic that we’ve probably maxed out where he is capable of taking us at this point. Obviously Miami has been the beneficiary of a historically bad ACC this season. In a normal ACC season this is probably a borderline NIT team. The right decision is to thank Coach L for everything he has done for the program and both parties go their separate ways at the conclusion of this season.

right now, before today's loss, Lunardi (from ESPN) had them a #9 seed.

They play GT, Virginia, Syracuse, Louisville, Pitt, VTech, and WF.

I'm a Syracuse fan, and I still think Miami makes the tourney.......barely. Like a last team in scenario. They def need to win a game or two in the ACC tourney.
Thanks for letting us know not to take you serious. Either your 100% in on the Canes or get the **** out.

Advertisement
Thanks for letting us know not to take you serious. Either your 100% in on the Canes or get the **** out.
Disney Talking GIF

Even when Canes were on a hot streak, as evidenced here in the game thread commentaries, they demonstrated some less than stellar performance a fair amount of the time. Much of it (the offensive schemes, the transition-vs-rebounding-perimeter-shots strategy, how-and-when-Sam-is-used, the red-yellow-green-3pointing, etc) is directly related to coaching... and even though our stars showing super-energetic talent at times and the opposition being out-performed earns Coach L credit (when we win), he does warrant criticism, when we don't...

...I'll be the first to say Great Going (to) Canes AND Coach L, IF we get hot again. I sadly think we won't, because we have too many flaws in team composition, and I think it's fair to say in Coach L's stewardship. Again, let them come here if we get hot and say Yay Yay yay, why aren't we ranked, and how can we bash Coach L so much. OK, bring it on, especially the wins!
L has done a very good job with a team that has zero inside presence, to include no post play/intimidation/shot-blocking on either end of the court. The fact that we do have a legit shot at making the NCAAT attests to the coaching job he's done.

On the other hand, he is responsible for putting together a very imbalanced and flawed roster. Even just one more decent (better than Brooks) big man could've made all the difference. And, no, we can't blame that FBI fiasco for our recruiting failures. This falls on L and his assistants.

I still think L will leave when he's good and ready to, and not before. With the class coming in, I suspect he'll be here at least one more season.

Advertisement

I hope I’m wrong…
All those nice wins during winning streak slowly being flushed.

During our resent losses the announcers have been struggling to find WOW in anything even attempting to bring the positives when we were winning ending every sentence “ IN THE COUNTRY” so embarrassing as we’re down by a dozen or so points.

Tough to watch Canes falling apart on the court then trying to make threes to look a little better.

Just tough to watch

GOCANES

All those nice wins during winning streak slowly being flushed.

During our resent losses the announcers have been struggling to find WOW in anything even attempting to bring the positives when we were winning ending every sentence “ IN THE COUNTRY” so embarrassing as we’re down by a dozen or so points.

Tough to watch Canes falling apart on the court then trying to make threes to look a little better.

Just tough to watch

GOCANES
Best post on the thread👍

Advertisement
Don't blame Coach L. He wasn't missing all those 3s.
Besides being responsible for an offensive effort that needs those 3's desperately (unless the 1 on 5 is working that night) he also insists no one "wastes time" trying aggressively for rebounds on perimeter shots. When most don't drop in, we get no second chances (like many other teams seem to do).

Coach L looks good when those 3's drop (and other teams play poorly to help out), but quite frankly, many of the wins in the streak were ugly, and I don't have a suitable adjective for the losses I can say here.

Advertisement
Back