Les Miles!

I'd be fine with Mike's as long as he doesn't run the same offense he did at LSU....but it seems he finally moved on from that.

Advertisement
Miles would be a trip. Regardless of Manny, I would enjoy that. Cristobal would be meh. Probably have the banners flying for him year one too.

HIRE HIM BEFORE WE MISS OUT AGAIN! Just took Texas to the brink of an upset with ******* KANSAS. LES would kill it down here in Miami and recruit the **** out of south Florida please make this happen

Except we all know you would've paid 10m a year for Herman first.

Advertisement
An Instantly credible name is what we need. Idk if it’s just me but I don’t see anyone feasible out there that we can bring in that will be here and succeed for the next 15 years. I believe we need a stop gap and he is someone who could be that, until the next young gun establishes himself as someone we can trust to run this program
What I think we need is a Dream Team staff, Ive been preaching this for a while. We need to go spend on the first staff, at least until things start to work themselves out, then we can look for the cheap upstarts. A big name stop gap would be perfectly acceptable to me. Personally I favor Mike Gundy because I think he's that 15 year guy youre talking about, but a name like Les Miles or Butch Davis with a Dream Team staff is completely acceptable to me and would be an instant boost of juice into the program. Its amazing to me that Miami didnt understand how important it was to make a HC hire that had instant credibility after Richt retired. Blake James' hire was negligence to the utmost degree, and Manny compounded it with amateur hour staff hires. These staff hires are the key to the whole thing.

He's an instant credibility name. No one in SoFL is shutting the door in his face. He knows a bunch of SEC position coaches. He's learning the Big 12 spread. He recruits. You could do worse, you could have Manny Diaz next year.
Will out together a respectable staff and recruit. Wins asside that should be the number one criteria right now. I will take a guy who is fired is 3 years that will atleast leave the next coach with elite talent. That's why we're have been so far behind for years. The next guy is always starting over instead of building on what the last guy established.

do you people ever deal with the real world ? do you even have any concept how ******* remote the possibility is or how complicated and beyond expensive the process would be for Les Miles to become the head coach at Miami ? do you even
consider that maybe the last thing that Les Miles would ever do is even think about coming to Miami ?

how many of these ******* "Coach X is doing great at ____, let's bring his *** to Miami, he would kill it here and recruit the **** out of South Florida" pipe dream threads are there going to be ? this nonsense is nuttier than squirrel****. just stop it FFS.
You should quit message boards buddy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bob Stoops

QUOTE="NC_Canes_11, post: 4280734, member: 17375"]
Seeing LSU flourish and now OSU without Urban, I am open to someone like Miles. You don’t necessarily need a head coach that runs a particular side of the ball. You need someone who can run a program and who will hire the right people and not be afraid to make changes and let people go and someone who can recruit
[/QUOTE]

Advertisement
HIRE HIM BEFORE WE MISS OUT AGAIN! Just took Texas to the brink of an upset with ******* KANSAS. LES would kill it down here in Miami and recruit the **** out of south Florida please make this happen
Lmfao

Les is getting throttled at home by Coastal Carolina

Advertisement
Back