Les Miles!

Advertisement
We didnt really miss out on Les Miles. He was hired at Kansas before Richt retired. But look, if I interviewed him, and he talked about still wanted to add rings to his fingers, and told me the coaches he'd bring... he'd be a splash hire for Miami. It'd be like getting all of the positives of hiring Richt again. The key is in the staff hires. He gets Yost and some recruiters, and a top DC its a splash.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Seeing LSU flourish and now OSU without Urban, I am open to someone like Miles. You don’t necessarily need a head coach that runs a particular side of the ball. You need someone who can run a program and who will hire the right people and not be afraid to make changes and let people go and someone who can recruit

Seeing LSU flourish and now OSU without Urban, I am open to someone like Miles. You don’t necessarily need a head coach that runs a particular side of the ball. You need someone who can run a program and who will hire the right people and not be afraid to make changes and let people go and someone who can recruit
He's an instant credibility name. No one in SoFL is shutting the door in his face. He knows a bunch of SEC position coaches. He's learning the Big 12 spread. He recruits. You could do worse, you could have Manny Diaz next year.

He's an instant credibility name. No one in SoFL is shutting the door in his face. He knows a bunch of SEC position coaches. He's learning the Big 12 spread. He recruits. You could do worse, you could have Manny Diaz next year.

An Instantly credible name is what we need. Idk if it’s just me but I don’t see anyone feasible out there that we can bring in that will be here and succeed for the next 15 years. I believe we need a stop gap and he is someone who could be that, until the next young gun establishes himself as someone we can trust to run this program

Its not the worst idea.
do you people ever deal with the real world ? do you even have any concept how ******* remote the possibility is or how complicated and beyond expensive the process would be for Les Miles to become the head coach at Miami ? do you even
consider that maybe the last thing that Les Miles would ever do is even think about coming to Miami ?

how many of these ******* "Coach X is doing great at ____, let's bring his *** to Miami, he would kill it here and recruit the **** out of South Florida" pipe dream threads are there going to be ? this nonsense is nuttier than squirrel****. just stop it FFS.

Advertisement
You know why a championship winning coach is making less than Manny Diaz (it's TRUE 2.7 mil to Mannys 3 mil) at Kansas? Because his lack of offense at LSU became a running joke. He didn't adapt and he wasn't a hot commodity.

He's a savage though. Fired his OC 6 games into the season. Would definitely bring more instant credibility to Miami than almost any other coach on the market.

do you people ever deal with the real world ? do you even have any concept how ******* remote the possibility is or how complicated and beyond expensive the process would be for Les Miles to become the head coach at Miami ? do you even
consider that maybe the last thing that Les Miles would ever do is even think about coming to Miami ?

how many of these ******* "Coach X is doing great at ____, let's bring his *** to Miami, he would kill it here and recruit the **** out of South Florida" pipe dream threads are there going to be ? this nonsense is nuttier than squirrel****. just stop it FFS.

Bro, he makes less than Manny Diaz. I know fans are getting moist over Cristobal, but he's got a good gig in Oregon. Kansas is nowheresville. You really don't think Miles would leave a 2.7 million per year gig at Kansas for a 4.5 million per year job at Miami?

Bro, he makes less than Manny Diaz. I know fans are getting moist over Cristobal, but he's got a good gig in Oregon. Kansas is nowheresville. You really don't think Miles would leave a 2.7 million per year gig at Kansas for a 4.5 million per year job at Miami?
i never wrote that ... please read what i wrote again

Advertisement
Hard pass. I like Les but he doesn’t handle pressure well. The only guys over the hill I’d consider are Butch and Leach. Guys with attitude that have the biggest balls in room.

Advertisement

Not saying this hire will happen but it’s not outside the realm of possibilities. You think people in KANSAS thought they could get a guy like Les Miles? He’d be a solid hire for many reasons, but you know what? I’m not sure he’d leave Kansas for Miami at this point.

That's what Richt could've been but his stubborn *** just had to call plays.

Advertisement
Back