Leonard Taylor to Jets

Good point. Let’s send back cam Ward and Damien Martinez to the transfer portal. CANT have their kind around here.

The number one overall pick was a transfer. Best believe USC will claim him. Cristobal would be a MORON if he is mum on Ward because of this purity test. I’m sure he will be silent on Matt Lee and cohen as well. Geez
you missed the point. it was about whether Norvell could develop players or not.

Advertisement
It's hard for me not so see all of these as reflective of loser culture. Guys like LT, have talent which create a baseline where you can meet your minimum commitment and never lose the shot at pro ball. Let's be real, no one feared Manny Diaz, but he certainly wasn't about to show a 5 star recruit 'tough love' when he was probably grateful the guy committed in the first place. Time will tell over the next 2 years: If we're still having idiots riding on their 247 and Rivals profiles to declare early to get drafted on Saturday, we're in deeper than I thought.

Maybe he can threaten to transfer to get some more for doing nothing.

That’s the last money he’s ever going to make in the NFL.

After his agent fees and NY taxes, and covering his NY and other living expenses for the next 3 and a half months, he’ll walk away with about 40-50k in his bank account when he gets cut by the end of August. Assuming he doesn’t waste it all on something stupid like buying himself an expensive car.

So unless he finds work in the arena league, (they’ll take anybody), …. I guess he can always rely on his degree, being the motivated intellectual he’s know to be.

Advertisement
I’ve never heard anyone say he doesn’t or didn’t work hard. I hate when I see these type of posts about players basically being called lazy. It doesn’t always apply to every player who doesn’t make it or falls in a draft.
Tape doesn’t lie he was very average. With a sprinkle flash play. I believe he had nobody to really push him to be great

Advertisement
LMAO at him being an UDFA. His draft results mirror exactly what he deserved. If he makes it out of camp and is on the Jets roster by week one, I will be shocked.

Hope he’s happy with taking the advice from the guys at the barbershop, vs. all the experts who told him he was crazy not to come back to UM.

Although given his pathetic attitude, maybe we should be happy he’s gone and we never have to hear about him again.

Stupid is as stupid does.
We've underdeveloped 5 stars for 20 years. Blaming the player is absolutely ridiculous.

We've underdeveloped 5 stars for 20 years. Blaming the player is absolutely ridiculous.
Agree with your first sentence. Disagree with the last sentence.

Sometimes it can be a combination of both the coach and the player. I'm plenty critical of coaches, but in LT's situation, I feel it is more on him. Maybe he was just never that good to begin with.

Here is an example of why I think this is more on LT. Look at Corey Flagg. Yes, I know Flagg and LT play totally different positions, but hear me out. Flagg, one of our slowest, most unathletic, least physically talented linebackers to ever start here. By all accounts, hard worker, good football iq, very coachable, great teammate. I've never heard any of that said about LT. Flagg ended up having his best season. Not a dominant season, by all means, but a pretty good season. He was also put in a position to succeed and play to his strengths, thanks to Guidry and Nicholson. Same with LT, he was put in a position to succeed and he underperformed.

So, how can the coaches be responsible for Flagg's improvement, but be the reason LT underperformed? Flagg had just as much responsibility for his improvement as the coaches.

My point is, Flagg got the most out of his ability because of his work ethic, dedication, and good coaching. Flagg had a solid season for us, despite his limitations. LT had a disappointing season, although he was labelled as "talented" and "skilled." To me, that says more about LT than it does the coaching.

Advertisement
It's almost entirely on the players.
Saban and Kirby have busts too, but nobody notices them because they're backed up by other blue chippers. You're telling me Nick and Kirby ain't developing kids? Of course they are.

Who developed Xavier Restrepo? He's been in the same program that Leonard Taylor and James Williams has.

Basically every program is doing the same **** in terms of development. Everything in football is shared and/or stolen. Nobody's inventing ****. They're all doing the same drills, working the same amount of hours, emphasizing the same things, etc etc etc. Nobody's making chicken salad out of chicken ****.

In 17 years of coaching I haven't had one single kid who turned out better in college than we thought he would, no matter what program they went to.
I'm sorry, I've had one. Rashad Weaver, who went to Pitt and now plays for the Titans.

Now, I will say this. Lack of accountability and/or a relaxed culture can lead to complacency and thus less development, particularly for those players that need a push. (like a Leonard Taylor)
That was Manny's biggest issue. But he's an outlier. Most college coaches ain't as soft as him.

It's almost entirely on the players.
Saban and Kirby have busts too, but nobody notices them because they're backed up by other blue chippers. You're telling me Nick and Kirby ain't developing kids? Of course they are.

Who developed Xavier Restrepo? He's been in the same program that Leonard Taylor and James Williams has.

Basically every program is doing the same **** in terms of development. Everything in football is shared and/or stolen. Nobody's inventing ****. They're all doing the same drills, working the same amount of hours, emphasizing the same things, etc etc etc. Nobody's making chicken salad out of chicken ****.

In 17 years of coaching I haven't had one single kid who turned out better in college than we thought he would, no matter what program they went to.
I'm sorry, I've had one. Rashad Weaver, who went to Pitt and now plays for the Titans.

Now, I will say this. Lack of accountability and/or a relaxed culture can lead to complacency and thus less development, particularly for those players that need a push. (like a Leonard Taylor)
That was Manny's biggest issue. But he's an outlier. Most college coaches ain't as soft as him.

wisdom. right here.

He hadn’t made a play since his freshman year . He got some bad advice to enter into the draft . He had nothing on tape the last few years . He never flashed , ever

Advertisement
Palmetto products. 🙄
1714420070754.gif

Advertisement
Back