Leonard Taylor to Jets

He was what he was. Imagine we weren’t battling Bama or uga for him we were battling Mullen and uf. Need I say more?

If the main DT schools (with proven evals) letting a 5 star walk without fighting they basically gifting him to you cause they already saw the film (5star or not) Then the nfl sees the cfb film and had the reaction I had when they saw him. My boy hit me up he’s a jet fan to ask about him, I said he’s finesse (pause) he’s not physical and can be bullied and pushed around. Quick but that won’t get you nowhere if you not violent enough. Didn’t he weigh 250 going into his sr year at Palmetto?
He had offers from uga and bama but I think he only visited fsu, uf, and Miami because of covid

Advertisement
That’s a good data point to shït on FSU trolls but I think it’s inaccurate.

Norvell’s first season was 2020. The 2021 FSU class had 4 players drafted. So he had 5 players drafted technically. 6 in his first 3 years.

Mario has had 6 players drafted in his first two years, so one more than Mario
I was responding to a “development” comment.
Norvell year 1 had little impact on the development of players drafted his first year of coaching.

So, if your 6 total is correct, he had a total of 2 players drafted his following 2 seasons.

He had offers from uga and bama but I think he only visited fsu, uf, and Miami because of covid
Yea I know but offers and all out recruiting, sending sabans whole family his church his cult the government lol. That’s when you know it’s high likely that it’s a stud. I trust that more than the stars, when elite evaluators go and back up the brinks truck.

But yea it was a rare year with Covid

LOL. Coulda prob got $200-500K in NIL with miami or in the portal for senior year and then got his $110K after another lazy year. Good riddance. Talk about fumbling the bag, not to mention the talent
Financial Mismanagement 101

Even if he stayed and went to the portal, he could easily have got 400/500k from a SEC team on ranking alone and flashing on tape. A lot more forgiving than the last few months he has had

Advertisement
Would he have been a high draft pick at another school? I don’t think so, a coach like Saban would’ve dropped him if he showed up with the same attitude and work ethic he had when he was here.

We’re on the same page.

I don’t think he’s successful at any program.

His work ethic has always been less than ideal.

I was always a strong believer that $ would motivate him. It had the exact opposite effect on him. It exacerbated an underlying problem by giving him more resources to feed it.

It’s not drugs. Kid is HEAVY into gaming.

Clearly you have never been to a military bootcamp. That will change people. Great coaches, great leaders DO change people. They call to greater causes and foster winning chemistry. Study really, really successful head coaches and you will see their impact on people's lives.

Are you saying those people have 100% hit rate?

I highly doubt it.

The stubborn leader things they can change people by force or influence.

People change when THEY want to change.
And/or when they are forced to change for survival. Chuckled to myself when he mentioned he was hoping to get more consistent at the next level.

Good luck to the kid as with all our players. Just a word of advice…don’t put #56 and the initials LT together. LT would have consumed him as either a teammate or opponent.

Advertisement
We need high school agents to be more like coaches and lees like agents.
Stop sunshine pumping these 5 stars cause you want to sign them.

It totally fcked TVD up imo.

These agents better be making sure these kids are doing what they’re supposed to or else everyone loses money.

LT literally bought a suit for the draft before he even declared.

So despite his limited production he saw or was told or was made to believe he was a day one pick.

A

Good riddance to another Manny Diaz five star recruit.

Hope he his luck is better in the league than here.

Advertisement
mom son GIF

Advertisement
not that he was going to go days 1 or 2, but not getting drafted could mean he failed a drug test and its not disclosed yet.

There's a brief story in the Herald today.

His agents said 10 teams reached out to him after the draft process. The Dolphins and Jets were two of them. Dolphins offered him a contract but the feeling in his camp was it was better for him to get out of Florida AND the opportunity in NY was better. apparently the Jets had talked to him numerous times during the process.

His contract is guranteed $110K, whether he makes the team or not.

LMAO. Dude was 5-star in talent but a 0 star in work ethic. Pre-draft analysis kept mentioning his lack of work ethic, study habits, dedication, etc. Hope he uses this as a wakeup call and dedicates himself to being the best he can be

Advertisement
Back